September 21, 2014 | 1735 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lmg613

Awesome. Matte, pore-minimizing, non-irritating. Have used over powder mineral makeup and liquid foundation, works with both. Can't imagine shelling out twice as much for a primer unless it *literally* made my skin look like porcelain. The price may be climbing a bit, but still the most reasonable primer by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hannalee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

THE BEST FACE PRIMER IN THE WORLD.
I cannot believe how amazing this is. It keeps my makeup in place and long lasting. I used Revlon Perfecting Primer to see if it was as good as Monistat, but I found it to be terrible. It looked like the makeup flew away.
I don't find it oily; I touch up with powder because I get slightly oily throughout the day.
This stuff is incredibly inexpensive, around $6 for 42 grams. I can't imagine doing my makeup without this. It creates a silky, even canvas for whatever face product you're using. It has a slight smell to it (nothing bad) but doesn't linger around.
Because I love it SO much, I went out and bought 3 more tubes! :D
All it does is make my skin look absolutely flawless. It's the only primer I will ever use.
DEFINITELY try it out, it's 100% worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wanted to find a primer for my oily skin. Over the years, I've tried a few samples of high end primers. I liked how they felt on my skin (and controlled oil), but they were too expensive. I liked the Smashbox one, but it's like $40.

I started reading ingredients on packaging for primers. It seemed that a lot of them had Dimethicone at the top of the list. I read about Monistat gel on this site and looked up the ingredients. The ingredients are similar to a lot of expensive primers.

I purchased it at my local Target for $6, and it works great! Such a good find :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Babydollxxo

I ran into my local drug store in hopes of this being my holy grail.

I was so excited to try my make-up on the very next day. I did my usual morning routine. Washed my face with my Mia Clarisonic, moisturized with Cetaphils all types skin moisturizor, let it set before i applied Monistat.
I dab a pea size amount across my face with my ring finger covering my T- Zone, and on my cheeks. If I have any extra still left over i use it on my neckline as well. (Honestly, when i say a little bit goes a long way...... it sure goes a long way.)

I loved the way it felt at first, so soft and silky... just like your typical primer.
I then started to apply my regular foundation/make-up routine. I was so impressed by the way my skin looked.
My face looked so even, soft, and overall beautiful.
About two hours or so into my normal work day i see my foundation cake up, and now i look like a huge grease ball by the end of my 8 hour shift.I felt as if my face was better off without a "primer" to begin with.I have yet to find an affordable primer that will really work for my oily skin.I personally wouldn't give this product any stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

I absolutely love this product. I have been using this for 2 years now. I had seen so many great reviews on here so I decided to give it a try since I was tired of using my mac face protect. I have to admit it is the best primer I have used. It reminds me of the smashbox photofinish primer, but it is way better. I put it on after I tone and moisturize my skin and let it dry for 5 mins. Then I put on my smashbox foundation and it glides on. The consistency is gel like, I apply it in circular motions to minimize pores. Another bonus is the price, I buy it when I go to the states from the Walmart there and its $7USD, which is way cheaper than $30 for most primers on the market. It doesn't have an SPF which I like since I hate that white overcast when taking pictures. Will keep buying for the rest of my life and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I've been wearing it as makeup primer over the last week (I still have my Bare Minerals Prime Time on hand and was ready to go back if I didn't like the results) and haven't seen any adverse affects. In fact, my makeup's look and wear time is unchanged. I might consider using this in place of my regular primer.
That either means it's as good as my regular stuff or that my regular stuff wasn't doing anything in the first place!
---
I was looking for a silicone mixing medium to give my Estee Lauder foundation a smoother, more buildable consistency; using my small bottle of primer would get expensive, so I threw the question to the board. Surprisingly, the first three people suggested Monistat! I thought we finally jumped the shark and I should go elsewhere for advice, but I thought about it and decided to give it a try since almost all of the ingredients are just 'cones. I was a little worried my sensitive skin would react badly when I mixed it into my foundation, but I've been wearing it for a full week without any breakouts, rashes or the like. I hoped it would work, but just because it's cheap I'm not cutting it any performance breaks. I was surprised. The gel does exactly what a primer does in terms of smoothing out foundation, although I'm not ready to give up my Prime Time as a makeup base. The results were impressive as it gave a slippery, silicone-y feel to my foundation and it layers extremely well now. I don't see any decrease/increase in wear time or more/less oil production. I like sheer coverage but Double Wear tends to look patchy when I attempt it without a primer/Monistat, whereas now I can achieve a thin, even veil. If your skin does well with silicone, this is actually a good option.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jackieshoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use as my primer. Never gotten so many compliments on how wonderful I looked!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by n1ks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few weeks after I received my order (Youtube made me buy it!)

It's been performing ok. I was previously using No7's Airbrush Away Primer which is better in comparison. To be fair, this product wasn't meant to be used as a face primer! My sister did apply this to an area that was chaffed and it helped her ALOT. So 5 lippies for a chafing relief gel, but 3 lippies as an overall primer.

I suppose if you're in the States, you can get this pretty cheap, but in Brunei it cost me around SGD $20 (excluding shipping!) - not too bad, but considering if I add a few more bucks, I could get a really good primer from one of the more establish brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by alanamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, ok. Obviously ya'll got the memo--
this is a silicone based product .. just like a silicone primer.. so if you're in a pinch or short on cash, this makes a great sub!

I would NOT recommend it for those with very sensitive skin, or of course if you're sensitive to silicone or silica. . since, you know..that's a big component

ALSO just as a nice courtesy to my fellow ladies..if you tend to get chafing on the thigh put a litttttle bit of this on the inner thigh..and viola! Great for a night out, summers, short shorts, etc.. :) You're welcome..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Someone in Cafe suggested this as a primer, and I thought she was being snarky, but it's great! It reminds me a lot of Arbonne primer, and a little bit like Lancôme (although I don't think it mattifies as well as Lancôme).

This is a great primer for older women who want to fill in pores and wrinkles. I don't think it's the greatest for soaking up oil and making makeup last, but if all you want is to make foundation NOT settle into fine lines/wrinkles and pores TRY IT!

It's very inexpensive, and the tube is fine/functional.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No