August 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Deodorants - Degree - Clinical Protection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mom picked up the Secret version of the clinical strength deodorant and it did nothing beyond what regular products did for me. I like dove's line of deodorants, but they didn't offer me enough protection.

I've always sweat a lot, and this really does help me keep significantly drier than other deodorants. Others would only cut my sweating in half, this works to keep me dry so I only get the occasional wetness under my arms.

I used to not like the smell, but it has kind of grown on me. It's fairly strong, but fresh enough I can wear it without it being overpowering. One thing that would change this to a perfect rating overall is if it was unscented, or had a milder scent (like cucumber green tea that dove makes). The scent won't stop me from re-purchasing, but it would be a bonus--because I'd rather have a product that works, be so picky that I have to compromise quality.

FYI: I was in Shopper's Drug Mart today and noticed that there is now a Powder Fresh/lighter scent formulation for those that don't like this strong scent! Too bad I bought a new one a few days earlier...but will have to try it out once I am done my current stick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

Let me start off by saying I'm an intense sweater. I sweat all the time. Its terrible, inconvenient, and embarrassing. I never really tried "extra" strength deodorants before because I thought they were gimmicky, but I gave in after one of my co-workers raved about this product. I had a coupon so I got it really cheap, maybe three or four dollars. Well, this product does what it says. It keeps my underarms dry even when I am nervous and keeps me from sweating. I notice such a difference. I put it on as directed, after I get out of the shower (I shower at night), and it lasts until I take a shower the next day. I try not to use it every day just because its not the most "natural" product out there and save it for days when I know I'll need it (humid days, class presentations,etc). Definitely a must have if you're a sweater like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by kimbopd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this deoderant at Wal-mart for around $7 bucks and some odd cents. So far I am very impressed. It seems to be not only controlling the wetness but the odor also, which I seem to have a problem with no matter what I do or wear. Embarrassing! I have tried the Certain-Dri but it causes irritation - Ouch! I'm glad I purchased this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by katchakern2003

definitely not what I was looking for. did not stop underarm wetness, and the smell was absolutely horrible, to the point where I couldn't sleep because of it, when I applied it at night. It's too bad. I usually don't have problems with degree deodorants. :( Back to trying secret clinical strength.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this!! Definitely my new HG!!! I only use it in the AM. It sinks in super fast and the scent isn't overwhelming like Secret and Dove's clinicals. I stay dry and odor-free! Excellent stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by fancylady103

I've always dealt with underarm wetness from puberty on and this is the only deodorant that has stopped the wetness and smell. I have used prescription antipersperant also and I could not stand the underarm stinging. To get the full effect of the deodorant you should put it on at night and again in the morning. The directions say to put it on at night but using it twice a day I have found to be the most beneficial.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by emyj

Fabulous stuff!! Love the smell and packaging and it works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

Just started using this, so far so good. I'll edit this with more detail later.

For those of you not crazy about the smell - buy the Men's version. It smells absolutely wonderful and it's not so much "manly" as it is "clean."

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elocink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't work for me. After a couple of days it stopped working.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by teeisblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this based on the reviews here, and I'm so glad I did! I'd been using Certain Dri for a couple years but it always makes my armpits burn and sometimes I get red bumps that look like razor burn. And that stuff has a funky smell the next day. Anyhoo, I sweat like a guy even when I'm just sitting around, but this stuff really works well for me. At the most, I've gotten a slight dampness after being outside in high humidity but no sweat stains and no odor. I don't use this every morning and night, I usually start using it a couple days before I have to go somewhere like church or something, just so I don't use it up as fast. I only gave it 4 lippies because I had to get the powder scent and I don't care for it, although it isn't nearly as overwhelming as some other brands' powder scents.