November 24, 2014 | 1762 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

SO I had hear from so many people and websites and everything that Biotin is an excellent agent for helping your hair and nails grow. I never need help with my nails growing, they grow really fast, and really strong.. but my hair, literally doesn't grow at all. I've tried everything short of shaving my head and letting my hair grow back naturally.

Went out and got some Biotin, I can't even remember how much it was but it wasn't entirely cheap considering most vitamins aren't. So anyway, i've been taking two pills a day for literally three years... and there has never ever been a difference in my hair growth or quality. Such a rip off, I don't even know why I continued to use it for so long!

-Disappointed...

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by LunaIsABear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product seems to work for a lot of other people, and I think it depends entirely on how your body works, and how it reacts to certain chemicals. Mine didnt react too well, and after only 3 pills (one a day) i broke out in acne in really weird places, like my back and shoulders. Stopped taking these immediately, as I've never had acne and don't intend to start now!

I'd suggest trying them, because you never know, and just stop if *negative* symptoms occur :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by StacyMom4Real

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One thing you ladies (and perhaps gents) must rememeber is that when you take supplements of any kind you must drink plenty for water. This is especially true i the case of biotin because lack of adequate water consumption can lead to to break out of the face and even other parts of the body such neck and back.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Eve934

Biotin is excellent for hair

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by caramelly87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually take Biotin to avoid candida (thrush) as I am very susceptible to it, and I have to say that if I run out and don't have one daily for a week or two I often develop a yeast infection. So I keep taking it!

As far as hair and nails go? I'm not so sure. My nails are still soft and flaky and I can never grow them beyond the end of my finger tips. Though I don't think I can blame biotin entirely, as when I'm nervous I do fiddle with my nails and cuticles. My hair is naturally very fine and I wouldn't say that it grows faster or slower than normal, or has gained thickness.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had a problem with thin and peeling nails for years. A friend of mine recommended taking biotin, and after 2 months of taking a pill daily, my peeling nails were gone. My nails are much stronger after taking this. I continue to take it now. I notice a difference in my nails when I skip a dose or two. My nails used to break four or five times a week. Now I hardly break one a week. This stuff is great!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been taking the 5000 mcg caps and I've definitely noticed my hair growing quicker (still grows sloooowly but it's improved), and, mostly, my NAILS!! I'm growing out natural nails damaged by that gel stuff and they are halfway grown out already! What have you got to lose, try it! Oh ... Take with a multi vitamin for full absorption! I'm also taking omegas in the form of flaxseed capsules.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ah, biotin...supposedly a miracle for nails & hair. If only this were the magic pill that could solve all our problems! I've been taking this product for over two months now ( 1000mcg pill 2x a day) and have had zero results. My nails continue to peel off like stickers and my hair hasn't grown/thickened in any noticeable way. My hair grows super slowly, so trust me, had there been any difference I would've noticed. I don't know if it's been too short a period to notice any difference, but I thought for sure I'd see some change in my nails! I suppose I should be grateful that I didn't break out in cystic acne. Will not repurchase. Time to put in effort and eat more protein/moisturize my nails with vaseline...sigh...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by lwd01915

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've always had thin, baby fine and straight hair. Now that I'm 56, it's even thinner (you know, menopause and all that). Over the years, I have tried every product, styling tool, etc (or so it seems) that makes claims to add body to your hair but none worked. I finally asked my doctor and my hair dresser and both said "Biotin" and my hair dresser never recommends products and my doctor (male) wouldn't know of anything but something that worked so I started it 2 months ago and noticed that my hair was growing faster. It also is thicker near the scalp which would only make sense since it's only been a short time. I notice it but, again, it's too soon for others but they don't examine my scalp like I do! The best part is that Biotin is Biotin (according to my doctor and webmd.com). And there are little to no bad side effects so it's a win-win in my book. I would never usually write a review after such a short time but, again, I can see that my scalp has more hair. It's also supposed to harden your nails but too soon to see that.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by confusedblonde86

I have been taking biotin for a few years now and believe it has contributed positively to my skin. I notice a difference in my hair as well, both that it grows faster and seems shinier. I did not break out from biotin, but I drink a ton of water (6+ litres) daily. The results from taking biotin are not so miraculous that I would risk taking it if I knew I could break out from it... Use with caution if you have sensitive skin.