4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 9/6/2013 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Epsom salts are marvelous for several things - detoxing, soothing body aches, relaxing muscles, insomnia remedy, etc....Just a 20-30 minute warm water bath with Epsom salts added (and 6-8 drops lavender or other essential oil, baking soda) is a cure-all treatment.
Of course, there are other benefits too, as listed here on MUA.

Somewhere I read an article 'Do Epsom Salts work?' which seems completely baseless and stupid, given that so many people are reporting only benefits of this product!! I hate it when false propaganda is done for a product....it does more harm than good.

on 7/8/2013 12:19:00 AM

this is something every girl needs to have in hand they are so relaxing with some bubble bath. I get really bad period pain due to medical problems and these plus the warm water mke it soo much better and theyre sooooo cheap

on 7/2/2013 7:32:00 PM

It's not hokey at all. It really draws out whatever's ailin' you. I always turn to this little baby after a long hike, an arduous workout, or when I'm just feeling tense after a tough day. It works, and it's dirt cheap, so I don't feel bad about dumping handfuls into the hot bath. I typically pair epsom salt with a sweet smelling bubble bath.

Warm water + comfy tub + epsom salts with a few drops of lavender oil = HEAVEN!! Also love some of the scented epsom salts, though the plain version is much more versatile. I always have a bag of it in my bathroom.

on 6/13/2013 9:24:00 PM

I love putting this in a warm bath. So soothing!

on 6/11/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Although Epson Salts is good for using in your bath to help sore muscles, I am addressing its wonderful properties for the feet. Nothing, but nothing will remove the dead skin from your feet like an Epson Salts soak. Place about 1 cup into a deep, large bowl or bucket. Add the hotest tap water to about one third of the way up and stir to completely dissolve the salts. Then add the cooler water but keep it as hot as you can tolerate. Soak your feet about 30 minutes and the dead skin will just roll off as you rub briskly with a towel. Softens the cuticle around toenails that helps when you are working on lifting ingrown toenails, also. Always use a lotion or oil afterwards. My toenail polish has never been damaged by this, either. I look for 2-for-1 sales on Epson Salt which Walgreens has fairly often.

on 6/11/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I admit, my grandparents used Epsom Salts and I thought (only in my head-no other reason)! that this smelled like moth balls!
I was so achy after doing some yard work I decided to try it. I heard Suzanne Somers rave about it, so I caved.
THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!
No scent, dissolves well in hot bath water. After 20 minutes my aches and pains were gone! It's my go to, now. I've found it works best using 1 cup or more in a hot bath for 20+ minutes right after I start feeling quite sore. I find it works best for me the same day I'm sore not, a day or so later.
Price varies so much by brand and store. I try to get the cheapest I can find. I've not found brand/price to make a bit of difference.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was having a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to crack my back to release pressure and nothing was working. I then decided to take a bath and used about a cup and a half of Dr. Teal's lavender Epsom salt. The pain is completely gone and my back feels one hundred times better. It also calms me down and puts me in a relaxed mood! Love this product

on 6/7/2013 11:20:00 AM

Great for after a tough workout, I use this product mainly when I have any special aches and pains.

on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love using epson salt for baths for sore muscles and cramps for that time of the month. I normally dont add alot of items to my bath.

Popular Bath Treatments