December 18, 2014 | 1637 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Mousse Blush in Rose Petal ] [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by ABetterDay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this, it is just so much fun to use. And I feel like it is the cream (Sort of), drugstore version of Nars Orgasm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholic818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! Just picked this up, and I confirm that I am obsessed.
I was debating between Soft Plum and ended up choosing Rose Petal, and I'm very happy I did! I actually like that it kind of fades when applied, because I hate the over done blush look, and this leaves a nice hint/glow of color on my cheeks. Great for the summer because it feels very light, and doesn't irritate my skin in any way. I recommend picking this up right away for an everyday cream/mousse blush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a makeup maven. All of my blushes with exception of my two Maybelline Dream Mousses in Rose Petal and Peach Satin are high end:
In my collection I have different Diors, Chanels, Guerlains, Lancome and MACs. I am stunned at how well this product performs on my sensitive breakout prone skin. I am between an NW 15 - NW 20 or N4. The sheer blush is easy to use and layer over itself or under other powder blushes.
It does not break me out at all.

For the price it has OK lasting powder. It performs better on top of foundation than bare skin. It performs best on moisturized, exfoliated skin. No makeup looks good on skin that is dry and dehydrated or full of dead skin and gunk.

I do not like shimmer in blushes, however the shimmer in these have only made my skin glow. I think this is because this colour is best suited for the paler skinned among us.

Warning: Be careful not to over apply because that's when the shimmer turns from glow to fake - but that only happens if you smear a whole ton on though! Best to apply in thin layers, gradually building up to desired flushed effect.

I bought mine on sale at Shoppers for only $4.99 so that only makes me even more thrilled, of course. Sometimes I feel guilty using my expensive makeup for everyday so I end up saving it, which ends up just being a waste of money.

Maybelline Dream Mousse is a makeup staple and favourite for me, one that I feel good about using, guilt free, everyday. Because of the price, I don't mind having to refresh a few times a day. I plan to get a lot of other colours once they go on sale again but because I have so much blush, I will not repurchase.

Please do not discontinue or change the nice glass packaging to cheap plastic!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Tammee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find for my medium skin tone, it's hard for this colour to show up. I have to apply it quite heavily to get some colour on my cheeks. When it does show up, it's a very soft pink that is absolutely adorable! I prefer to apply this with a fluffy brush, which means it takes quite a bit of product to get the colour on there, but it's worth it! I love the colour it gives and I love the shimmer. If I apply this lightly, all I get is shimmer. Overall, I don't mind the fact that it doesn't show up super pigmented on my skin, I like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I keep getting complements when I wear this about how healthy I look, and how nice I look. EVERY TIME! When I wear my other blushes, no, but this one yes.

Back to my original review:

OK, this IS nice! I was hesitant due to the glitter bits I saw in the pot, figuring that at 53 this wouldn't be a good look. But it IS! The shimmer isn't overpowering, more like a highlighter has been gently mixed in. It isn't obvious unless you look closely in a magnifying mirror under broad daylight.

It's a nice rose shade, good for a lot of different complexions, perhaps best for the paler NC or NW 15 to 25 or so.

It doesn't shade cool or warm, it's a true neutral. It doesn't make my rosacea cheeks look worse, it does seem to blend in nicely and look just plain healthy.

It shows up best on bare skin with only a moisturizer or spf on already. I tried it over foundation and while it's nice, it seems to take a bit more product to show up. I've also tried it on self tanned skin, and that is nice too, so maybe it will go to an NC or NW 30.

The shimmer is obvious in the pot, but not on the skin. It seems to function as a subtle built in highlighter only.

The texture is what it says, a mousse or whipped cream consistency, thick like custard but fluffy like whipped cream. It allows enough time to blend well and seems to maintain a satiny feel even as it dries down to it's permanent finish. It doesn't go powdery.

It looks like it's part of natural skin, only better. Which is pretty nice for any makeup to achieve.

I do have questions as to how long this little pot will last, how many applications I can get out of it, but since it is dirt cheap at Walmart, replacement costs aren't a big concern.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

Pros:
- Small and compact
- Easy to apply
- Easy to control the consistency to give you that natural colour with a slight shimmer

Cons:
- Fades very quickly

Overall:
I actually like this product, it's not exactly the best blush I've used, but it is something I would keep in my makeup bag for those touchup that required during the day. You dont need to use too much of the product a little goes a long way. It does have a slight shimmer to it which gives that glowing effect I love. It does not particularly last that long on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by MayeRaye

Love this!! I decided to try a cream/mousse blush cause its coming into cooler months over here and my skin goes dry and powder only seems to make me look duller.
Soo i grabbed this one from priceline and it was so cheap. First off the colour is perfect for me (nc15) not a fake obvious pink, just subtle and glowy. Blends so easily and the texture is soft and beautiful. Ive only used it for a week but it seems to last all day whilst im at work (about 7-8 hours). Def getting this again for the price & quality!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by effy0urface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It doesn't last, is seriously half sparkles (although those last FOREVER) and makes acne scars stand out. I love the color, but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by emilypink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a great product.really like the color.it is very pigmented.very shimmery.i would totally buy this again.i am love with it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

I'm in love with this product! I picked up it for around $4, what a bargain - I should've gotten a few more :( I'm usually a powder blush girl and this is my first cream / mousse blusher, and it has been a dream to use. The fluffy consistency melts away to a powder as soon as it touches your skin, and spreads easily. Gives my cheeks the perfect flush of just-outside pink. I usually layer a bit of my Nars Orgasm over it as well to make it longer-lasting.