July 31, 2014 | 1772 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by gizmoesmom

Love love love these pads, they melt the wrinkles away and they make your skin so soft! at 51 I need all the help also use the unwrinkle night love it all!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin:
Oily
Large pores
Clogging
Some blackheads/whiteheads
Flakes
Rough in appearance
I might get a pimple every few months

My morning ritual is simple: swipe with a PTR pad, rinse with water, tone if needed, apply moisturizer with SPF, apply makeup. That's it.

I use one pad on my face, neck, and chest in the morning because I don't want to overdo it. I've found that if I use too many products geared toward oily skin at once my face freaks out.

My face is brighter, skin is smoother, and my pores appear smaller. I normally have this weird clogging between my lower lip and chin and it's gotten better. I can't say that my hyperpigmentation is fading and I don't have any wrinkles, but I didnt get these for that. I'm using less product and the products that I am using go on easier and sink in better. The best part is that my skin isn't as oily as it normally is. I blot with a Boscia blotting sheet maybe twice a day now. Dare I say that my skin is now normal/combination? I think so!

Will I buy these again? Hell yes. Can I say hell here? Please don't flag me. Why will I buy this again? Because I had two people tell me that I'm absolutely glowing to the point of accusing me of being pregnant. Another person asked if I'd had a facelift (WTF? Really?). A final said she'd never seen me with so much makeup on during finals week when it was the week before my period, and I wasn't wearing as much as a layer of lip balm. The only change I've made is these pads.

I'd get a sample of these from Sephora and start using them every other day or so if you're wondering how they'll work out or if you're scared of an adverse reaction.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kwippy

This is my first PTR purchase and I cannot say anything but positive things in terms of expectations and results. I always take what Sephora sales girls say with a grain of salt, but this product is definitely worth the $40 something price tag. I agree with the other reviewers with using other products that compliment this one that work with the chemistry of your skin. No matter what you read or what people tell you, its all trial and error. Its gentle enough for my sensitive skin when even the most gentle of cleansers give me redness. I feel that for a thirty something year old like myself can leave the solution on your skin for five minutes or so and be fine. Depending on what your regimen is or what other topical meds you're using, you can leave it on for longer, I feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of Peter Thomas Roth products. The majority of his products work for me. I use his Un-Wrinkle Pads a few times a week along with Retin-A the other times, and Ole Henricksen the other days. I believe in switching. These pads give my face such a luminous glow, it's truly amazing. I do cut them in half, because there is enough liquid in them for your face, neck and back of your hands. Turn the container over first to saturate the pad before you take it out tho. Very carefully, with two fingers place it gently on your face and use the excess on your the back of your hands. Always remember, your age is judged there, also. I leave it on for up to ten minutes, depending on what I'm doing, rinse it off, and then follow with the rest of my PTR regime. My face the next day looks absolutely stunning. As a matter of fact, it looks great right then. This is a product I will always have on my shelf in the fridge. I feel it's important to follow the steps in a program however, so if you want to see long-term benefits, do use his serums, his un-wrinkle moisturizers, etc. I couldn't be more pleased. I believe they all work together ultimately.

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought my 3rd tub! This has really helped keep my skin so smooth and glowy. It's expensive but you can make it last longer by cutting the pads in half (they are so saturated you really only need half, and you can actually squeeze out a little excess and still have enough for your whole face and neck). After I wipe down my face and neck, with clean hands, I just masage the excess in, because it can be a little sticky if I just let it soak in by itself. Then I let my skin soak it up for a couple minutes then apply my serum and moisturizer (in the morning I also apply spf, very important!). I used to use it only at night but recently started using it twice a day and I feel my skin has become a little more smoother and brighter! I will only spend money on high end products when I think it's worth it and this is completely worth it. I tried the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads but I didn't really see any results, I can totally see a major difference in the texture and tone of my skin with these pads. Will continue using because it maintains my skin looking healthy and helps my hyper-pigmentation (from the occasional pimple......that I can't help popping......). So I gave these a 5 because although I'm not sure if these are THE best out there, they are the best I've found :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to rate this higher, but it seems to be breaking me out on my cheek area. Not small little pimples, but larger kind of painful ones. However, on the areas where I'm not breaking out, my skin is smoother, brighter, and the fine lines are noticeably less obvious....and that after only 3 days of use. I apply and only leave on for 3 minutes and then rinse off and follow with a moisturizer. I'm going to cut back to every other day (been using every day) and see if that controls the breakouts. If not, unfortunately, I'll have to discontinue use. Update -- After using for 2 wks, the breakouts have stopped, so I' rating higher. I don't really see a difference in my skin yet except that it feel smoother immediately folliwng use. I'll update again after using a few more weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use alot of PTR products and I like his unwrinkle line. I have the serum, the turbo serum, lip treatment, lip gloss, primer and these pads. I cant say I use his products exclusively, I am a complete product junky and hop all over the place w ith different products. That said, I cant really testify to long term results because I dont use this everyday like one should. But I do like the way these products make my face feel. I also like the philosophy micro recovery mini peel pads, I find these to be a bit milder, for those of you that these are too strong for. I probably will repurchase these when I ever run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by markysa

I have a love-hate relationship with both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid. I don't think they work well in controlling or getting rid of my acne, but they work quite great in making my skin have better complexion, combating blackheads and making skin softer and more radiant (Gosh I sound like a tagline on a product label). But well, to achieve all those I can use my one-dollar scrub, or oatmeal (cheap), or steam it (free). This kinda stings If I use it any more than once every three days, but the result is very minimal if I don't use it everyday, and doesn't last very long. Overall, I do think it's a great and effective exfoliant, but for the steep price, I kinda expect more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite glycolic product. I've tried peels, but get too lazy for them so I never keep up with it.. I've tried other ph balanced AHA products, but they either were too weak (didnt help with break outs), hassle to buy online, or had an irritating ingredient in the list. The directions say to leave on for couple minutes and rinse off, but I keep them on all night. I also use them every night (tough skin lol) to help remove any leftover makeup...When my skin gets dry from using it too often, I stop for 2 days and continue again. This does leave a slight film on my face, but I have not broken out from it..in fact, this has helped me get rid of my tom underground pimple on my chin in 3 days (with help from my C&C Persagel) NO LIE! These pads really helped me to stop picking because it works fast on those deep random pimples. My red spots from past pimples are also healing fast! I took advice from other reviewers and cut these pads in half ..they last awhile and makes the cost more reasonable. If your skin loves glycolic acid, you MUST give this a try!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I was excited to try this after reading so many great reviews! And I know PTR has a good reputation with ingredients and effectiveness but I think this is just too harsh for my skin- I have plenty of experience with acids of all types, retinioids, exfoliatiors etc but though this product isnt horrible I just felt my skin was left drier. The good side is it is nice to use on hands on elbows and helps leave them softer. But I will probably use this 1-2 week and not repurchase. I think this would benefit oily skin gals much better!