September 19, 2014 | 1856 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by JamieKiddo

I absolutley LOVE this mascara, at first when i bought it i thought the price was a bit steep at 10 but after i used it for the first time it was definently worth it, this makes my lashes look 10 times longer than they usually are and i always get compliments on how long they look, this is definently a good mascara if you want that voluminous look without using false lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products Bourjois has ever disappointed me with. I usually love all of their makeup, fabulous colors and textures and the products DO what they say they do...except for this one.

so- PROS:
-cute and sexy packaging (dunno how a mascara could be sexy but lol, i love the sultry eye and the 'lights' on it, is very chic)
-very dark color
-the only promise this mascara fulfills is the resistance one....unfortunately, as many reviewers have pointed out, it is very difficult to remove it. on the packaging it says it's been tested by clubbers at foam parties and such, boy i do believe them! i can remove it only by rubbing my eyes with coconut oil, not to mention the fact that it strips off your lashes, and i never lose lashes when taking my makeup off. this is a serious bummer for me, i've had this for a while already and barely used it twice. i'm scared of it!

CONS:
-VERY LIQUID. I can't get over how liquid it is, it's simply a mess! it doesn't clog around the brush, it just creams it up!!! i always end up with sticky lashes because of it
-the bristles are so wacky you never know how to maneuver this product. the 'bald' part of the brush gets covered in product and even if you try brush your lashes the bristles are too short to handle the galore of mascara...which is LIQUID like hell.
-i never use this mascara as i use the others, i just add it at the very end of my lashes routine to complement the volume...and add some blackness. i just brush the tips of my already-made lashes for some more blackness and that's it. i think i'm gonna have this for a year or so, i use it so rarely and so little....
-i tried using it by itself. tragedy. the lashes just became softy-softy and droopy, if i had to choose i would've been happier with some good ol' clumping! instead i got watery lashes, that ugly kind of lashes that stick together and look like you're bald and try to conceal it by wearing a ton of mascara that simply won't do the trick. i HATE IT.
-it is NOT cheap. i dunno, i always say this even about drugstore products but this is really not cheap stuff. i paid around 10 euros at that time....10 euro mascara should do at least something!! i've had cheaper mascaras that did the trick!!

the overall effect of this mascara on my lashes could be compared with imagining you're applying a super dark and creamy cake mascara...without a wand, JUST USING YOUR FINGERS. yep. 100% sh*tty....

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:02:00 AM More reviews by StaticGlamour

I really liked the way it made my lashes look, but it was so hard to remove at the end of the day!

It made my lashes look really thick and black, so they stood out without looking spidery. You dont have to apply a thousand coats either, 1 or 2 coats and your done.

I wouldnt reccomend this product though, It left me with panda eyes and I damaged my eyelashes trying to remove it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupobssessed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I brought this mascara after seeing a review from marlena from makeup geek. I love this mascara. I have short sparse stumpy looking lashes and this mascara is the best for volumizing them. It does not clump on me after a few coats and lasts forever. The wand is unique and after praticing, you can a achieve a great dramtic look almost as if you have false lashes. You definately need a gentle eye makeup remover as this really stay on. Love love love this, will repurchase as long as its available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Conny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Do not be put off by the size of the wand this comes with- once you master the technique of applying this mascara properly, you'll be hooked!

1) Wipe off excess product on the rim on the tube
2) Use flat side to apply mascara
3) Use the side with the bristles to comb in short, sharp strokes.

Et voila!!!! Nice, thick lashes!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 3:55:00 AM More reviews by malouhk00

I really like this mascara. I personally find that the effect this mascara gives to my lashes is similar to YSL Faux Effet Cils, this is just much more cheap - which is a plus. It took a couple of tries before I figured out how to use the brush, which is a bit weird with the two sides but now, I think it's one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. Most mascaras I've tried, even the waterproofs, tend to smudge on me, but this doesn't, it lasts all day without giving me eyes like a panda. I haven't tried the waterproof version of this mascara but I don't think it's necessary either. I've worn this when it was really raining and I've shed some tears with it too, and still, no panda eyes. It's great so just give it some tries to figure out how to apply it right. It gives me thick and long lashes, though not natural, but I prefer it this way too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by channingto

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this sooooo bad. I kept trying it and gave it excuses. i figured I just wasn't using it right, but I've read tons of reviews and I know about the two sided brush and how to use it but I can't seem to make it work for me. For reference, I have short stick-straight asian lashes, but my CG lashblast WP holds a curl and volumizes and lengthens. This lengthened my lashes and volumized, but had tonsss of clumps. I couldn't seem to apply it without clumping, I even swiped allll the mascara off into the tube (and it was alot) and it still clumped. It droops my curl a bit, not as bad as the maybelline lash stiletto, but doesn't hold a curl like my CGLB. Dang it, I really wanted to like this because of the pretty packaging and it just seems so.. nice.

edit 1/27/10
Changing it to four stars because I figured out how to work with it a bit better. I curl my lashes (I'm not sure why because it makes it fall... anyways..), then when I take this out to use it, I wipe off all the excess inside the bottle (it's A LOT) and then apply it to my lashes carefully. gives SO much volume and length. THen my lashes droop to their normal asian stick-straight state (but with volume and length) and I curl them again (i don't like curling my lashes acfter but I have to for this) and then they look great (most of the time, since curling lashes after msacara always makes it clumpy for me). So I think this product CAN work but it takes a lot of effort for me. Definitely better if you have lashes that naturally curl up. But adds great volume when applied carefully.

edit 1/25/11
reread my review and that is ridiculous what I did to try and get good lashes.. If it takes that much work for a mascara to look decent and at that price.. not worth it! I used this mascara all for about 5 times because i coudlnt get it to work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by morphinization

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara.. I love that it has this bit of shine to it and that you can pile on layer after layer of it.. But the only problem is, that it doesn't look good as a mascara on it's own! You need a base mascara to make this mascara really look good, I think it's the brush.. Two longer sides and two shorter sides, they just don't do much for my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by catteys

I saw my friend using this mascara and her eyelashes were SO beautiful! So I bought one too, it doesnt look as good on me I think it's because my lashes are a bit more sparse. Anyway i like it still. It does not smudge at all! It's very black (oh yeah i got the ultra black) and makes my lashes much thicker! Perfect for people who like spider legs but unfortunately you can get a natural look. The only thing i don't like is that when i accidentally get my eyelid, it's impossible to wipe off! So I have to be very careful when I put it on.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Um, no?

Maybe I got this product when it already had an expired shelf life, but it was clumpy and hard to use. It did nothing for my lashes.