BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 9/21/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great highlighter! When I apply it above me cheekbones, above my eyebrows and in my cupids bow, it definitely makes my face glow in a very nice way. When I stand under a light or in the sunlight, it really compliments my face. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't have loads of sparkle in it, much like the other highlighters I've tried. It doesn't make my face look like a unicorn threw up on it, which is great. It's also very easy to blend out, and just overall amazing. I got the sample along with posie tint (which I don't really use much) at ulta for $10, and it's lasted me a while so far. When I do run out, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size since it's so expensive, but I probably will since it's such a nice product. I would highly recommend.

on 9/19/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a mini duo set that included baby sizes of High Beam and PosieTint, and High Beam has become my absolute favorite, go-to highlighter.

I like to dab the smallest bit down the bridge of my nose, on the center of my chin, across my cupid's bow, between my eyebrows and on my brow bones (I use under-eye concealer so I usually don't bother with my cheekbones). The effect is so natural I can get away with it every day. You can wear this with or without contouring with a matte-finish bronzer. Even if I am going minimal on makeup, I still wear a tiny bit of this to make my skin look healthy and dewy.

Will repurchase when I run out.

on 9/16/2014 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

FOR REFERENCE: I'm a brunette with dark chocolate eyes and fair skin.

I would give this a 3.5 out of 5 lippies if I could. I will admit though, High Beam IS beautiful - it's like applying liquefied pearls to your skin! I wore this to work and on my wedding day a month ago to add a touch of glow over my semi-matte makeup. This is easier to blend (pat to blend, don't rub) and looks more natural when applied over or mixed with liquid foundation. If you apply this over powder foundation, it takes a bit more effort; you have to warm-up the liquid between your fingers first and then lightly dab it on where you want a dewy highlight. But sometimes it's easy to make a mistake and it can be hard to blend and it ends up looking unnatural and streaky. I noticed if you blend too much, it disappears somehow and tends to rub off my base makeup (i.e. foundation). The satin pink color doesn't show up. This is a very pretty white, slightly opalescent shimmer/sheen on my fair skin. A little goes a long way, just a dime-sized amount is all you need. If you put too much on, it leaves a white, bright streak that looks...well...very unnatural and oily lol. While this liquid luminizer is very beautiful (especially when this is dabbed on your cheekbones and tearducts lightly), I feel this is more suitable for those who have normal to dry skintypes. I have combination-oily skin with a very oily nose so while I do like this product, I don't feel a strong need for it. Personally, I can easily achieve the same glowing effect by patting a physical sunscreen onto my bare skin or over my makeup. Finish it off with a few coats of mascara and I'm good to go.

I bought this at Sephora and paid $30 for it (retail price is $26, pretty pricey). The nail polish packaging is cute but it's NOT travel-friendly; I hate how the liquid gets dried-up and cakes around the bottle's mouth and I have to clean that everytime, wasting the product.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again but for those of you who have normal to very dry skintypes (or just dull complexions), give this a try! =)

UPDATE (9-17-2014): I'm putting this up for swap if anyone is interested. I've also noticed that if I wear any foundations that give a satin/dewy finish (like L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup), I get the same glowing skin result that High Beam gave me.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Benefit needs to repackage the product!

on 9/4/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The very 1st highlighter i've ever owned and i'm in love with it. It gives a very nice glow, not too shiny or glittery and doesn't fade thruout the day.

on 9/3/2014 11:54:00 PM

Favourite highlighter at the moment. Give you a really pretty but quite natural looking glow that lasts for ages. Has a pink undertone. Really easy to apply. Quite expensive but I don't use it everyday so will last me a long time. You don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this highlighter. Especially reach for it for events such as prom, banquets, special nights out, etc. Looks the best when all the rest of your makeup is done perfectly, as well.

on 8/15/2014 12:45:00 PM

Best highlighter i've ever tried, easy to apply, lasts all day, doesn't dry out and just makes you GLOW it looks fantastic, only problem again is the price but this isn't as big an issue as one sample sized pot of this lasted me MONTHS. great product!! :)

I have a small bottle of this as it came with a kit and I can see that little bottle lasting a while. I've been having it almost for a year now, I really do love this product! I put it on my cheekbones, brow bone, and inner corner & it gives me such a gorgeous glow! I really do love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this and 4 other Benefit products in the "do the bright thing" makeup kit which was REALLY cheap for Benefit makeup because it was only $35au!!! (got it on a P&O cruise). I really really love the look of highlighted skin but I have dry skin so I don't really like using powder all that much. This blends really easily, looks natural, and is easy to apply. The only downside is the price (full size of this in Australia is around $45).

Video Reviews & Tutorials