BeneFit Cosmetics High Beam

4.1

on 5/14/2014 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have a very small bottle of this stuff that just lays around. I use it rarely. It dries really quickly so you cant just streak it on and go. I like to put it on the back of my hand and use a sam chapman pink setting brush to lightly place on cheekbones. It is beautiful in color. Just takes some skill in applying so that it doesnt look sloppy. It really does last forever though. the packaging bothers me too. I feel like bacteria probably gets in there and just stays. Pretty good product, not a necessity

on 5/8/2014 2:37:00 PM

Work with Benefit on a few projects here and there, so I've always had sample sizes of High Beam lying around. Finally got around to using them and it's addicting. The formulas great and my makeup looks visibly better. If you're trying to master the whole highlighting and contouring thing, I'd definitely add High Beam to that regimen.

on 5/5/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice highlighter, but the packaging is very unsanitary. A pump or tube is much preferable. NARS 413BLKR seems to be similar in shade, so I hope to try that in the future. I will not purchase.

on 5/1/2014 11:32:00 PM

This is heaven in a tiny glass bottle. It makes my skin look refreshed and dewy when I apply it on top of my cheekbones without being overly glowy, glittery, or disco ball-like. One trick I like to do is mix it with my MUFE Face and body foundation (great stuff!) and apply it under my eyes and on the top of my cheekbones for an added, glowing effect.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Whilst it's not the cheapest highlighter, it does last a very long time. I find it great for using around my cheeks and temples, but I also use a little bit on my nose for contouring. It is quite shiny though, so be careful not to use too much - a little does go a long way. It works well with bronzer on the temples and I usually apply it right at the end of my make-up routine to finish off the look.

on 4/8/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great on cheekbones, brows, upper lip and easy to blend! Easier to apply with a primer or plain moisturizer. Price is pretty steep- I think $15 would be a better deal VS $25+

on 4/4/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I used to work for Benefit many, many, MANY moons ago....and this product was the first highlighter I ever used. So, its very nostalgic for me! lol I probably still have this somewhere actually. Not that I am looking for it. This overall is a okay highlighter for my NC30 skin tone. I don't see this working on someone much darker. As a matter of fact, I remember putting this on people and it looking straight up white on them. The three star rating is because it IS decent, if you mix into your moisturizer or foundation. But thanks for the crappy nail polish bottle package, that makes it a difficult task to do! I would much rather use LM Radiance primer, or MAC Strobe Cream for the same effect, which much less work! I always thought this was over priced as well! This should be $18 tops. $25 plus dollars is way too much! Its not even 1/2 an ounce of product! If you're really hung up on the idea of a creamy pink shimmer highlighter, I would go for the ELF Shimmering Face Whip in Lilac Petal for $1!

on 4/4/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The funny thing is I'm kind of allergic to this product. It slowly, but surely dries out my browbone area. But it DOES provide the perfect iridescent glow where applied. It clumps up in the bottle and has no noticeable smell as far as I can tell--I"m just constantly weighing it against the sparkly eyeshadows I have.

on 4/3/2014 8:40:00 PM

This product.. Just, yes.
I've tried a lot of highlighters. This is called a "pearly pinkish tone". I'm very pale as I am a natural redhead and this colour compliments my skin. It just gives you that nice finished face shine. It's noticeable mostly in natural light in the sun. It's not overly sparkly and it's a soft finish. The smell could be improved though. I personally dot it above my blush, and my brow bone. I've gotten a few compliments on my skin being "radiant" with High Beam on.

on 4/3/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a great highlighter! When I apply it above me cheekbones, above my eyebrows and in my cupids bow, it definitely makes my face glow in a very nice way. When I stand under a light or in the sunlight, it really compliments my face. The best thing about it, is that it doesn't have loads of sparkle in it, much like the other highlighters I've tried. It doesn't make my face look like a unicorn threw up on it, which is great. It's also very easy to blend out, and just overall amazing. I got the sample along with posie tint (which I don't really use much) at ulta for $10, and it's lasted me a while so far. When I do run out, I'm not sure if I'll purchase the full size since it's so expensive, but I probably will since it's such a nice product. I would highly recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials