November 29, 2014 | 1171 users online

Hair Color - Colorful - Neutral Protein Filler

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by GellyBear

I have damaged hair so this product helped tons! This was my first time I've EVER dyed my hair, let alone RED! I was aware that Damaged hair and Hair Dye don't really go well, but when I found out what this product does, I just had to give it a shot. I know the instructions say to put it on damp hair but the hair dye said to "apply on dry hair". So what I did was.. put this on dry hair, leave it on for 20 minutes and then put the hair dye. After I washed out the dye.. I was dissapointed because it didn't come out red, it came out a really dark burgundy color. As days went by, I noticed my hair started turning red, and got fuller and thicker! Bottom line: IT DID DO IT'S JOB! Maybe for me, it started working days later.. but for you it can work the same day! It all depends on your hair. Just try it out for yourself! You won't regret it. :) *NOTE: I have natural black hair, and I used L'Oreal Hicolor Hilights in Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh my goodness, this stuff is AMAZING. This must be a really well kept secret as I was fully expecting to find many more reviews! Well, let me contribute another glowing review in hopes that more will follow... In addition to following the directions to a tee, I coupled the protein filler with a packet of Ardell's Red Gold Color Corrector with rather impressive results! My hair was previously quite damaged from a bleaching attempt gone awry (so much that it would break off in small pieces whenever I'd brush/comb it when dry). Additionally, my hair had a horrid tendency to not only pull waaay too much color in strange patches (resulting in straight up black hair no matter what color I'd use), but I was also susceptible to the hottest of "hot roots" imaginable. As you can probably tell, my hair was a royal mess. But as of an hour ago, NO MORE! The key to using this protein filler is using a spray application rather than just pouring it in your hands and hoping for the best. Oh, and comb it through so the distribution is as even as possible! This is very important. Well, after applying it in this fashion, I applied my dark brown dye and left it on for the designated time. Rinsed it out, conditioned, dried it, and fixed it as normal... GORGEOUS!!! I'm so unbelievably tickled by how well it turned out! The color is perfectly even, not too dark, and my hair is incredibly soft as well. I can't stop touching it, nor can I remember it ever looking this good. This tiny bottle is capable of miracles! 10 STARS!!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I frequently color my own hair, and as my hair tends to be somewhat dry, I also have issues with color sometimes "grabbing" dark or coming out uneven on the ends. As I decided to change my color completely to a light brown, I knew I needed to take precautions to avoid having black hair (browns always grab super dark on my hair). I bought this for around $2 at Sally Beauty. Preceded it with Ion's Crystal Clarifying treatment, rinsed & toweled dry, then applied this through my hair. You need to do this standing over a sink with a towel as it is liquid and messy. I combed it through my hair, let it sit for 20 minutes, then applied my color to my damp hair. It came out perfect! No dark grabbing, no uneven dark ends - just beautiful, even color, just like on the box. You do need to deep condition after using this, as protein can sometimes cause your hair to tangle - I used Feria's after color conditioning treatment from Sally and left it on my hair for about 5 minutes, and my hair is amazingly soft & smooth. I will *never* color my hair again without this product and will definitely repurchase. If you color at home, this is absolutely a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will never color my hair again without using this stuff...even if it's just touching up the roots. This stuff is amazing. I do my roots every 2 weeks cause I am weird like that. I was stuck in a rut of dying my hair platinum blonde because when ever I tried to dye it a darker blonde, the color came out uneven AND I would end up with orange/pink roots...so I just stuck to staying extra light. With this product, I can now dye my hair an 8.0 medium blonde and have it turn out. My hair still looks really light but it took the edge off of the lightness and my roots look good. This product also conditions my hair like nothing else. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by natalie1526

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I will spare the long drawn out details of the condition of my hair, etc. I will say that I color my hair often from one extreme to the other but always end up wanting to go back to my natural dark brown because I loathe sitting in the stylist chair for hours getting hi-lights. I also loathe the dark roots, hence the reason I always go back natural. I typically use L'Oreal Excellence in various shades of dark browns when I go back natural. However like many others experience the uneven color and often end up with three distrinctly different colors in my hair: natural looking roots, brassy patches in the middle and almost black ends. I recently had my hair colored a medium to light golden brown that I grew tired of quickly and started to look very orange-y to me. I once again wanted to take matters into my own hands but was hesitant because of the results I usally end up with. I did some research and found this product. I followed the instructions and followed with L'Oreal Excellence Mocha Ash Brown (I followed everyone's advice and purchased a shade lighter than my normal preference). I am trully pleased. My color is completely even with not patches and no black ends. I have had my hair colored at the salon and had it not look this good. I will NEVER color my hair without this product again and aside from lightening will never have my hair colored in a salon again. This really is an amazing product and I am rarely impressed with anything.

*on a side note I did not experience the dryness and tangling/rattiness that some other reviewers did. yay!!*

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mishkee

This product is amazing. I had bleached my hair a level 9/10 which is pretty much platinum and after one month hated it. So I remembered from beauty school in order to go darker your supposed to color it red. Yea... my hair turned orangey pink. NOT cute! So I concluded my hair was simply too damaged and I did a lot of investigating online as to what to do next. After reading all the awesome review on this I decided it was probably what I needed. I sprayed it on damp hair and left it in for twenty minutes. Then I applied the color which was Loreal MegaBrowns in Cinnamon and Brandy. I have to say... it is so much easier to apply color to wet hair! Anyways, the color turned out gorgeous medium/light golden brown!! It was even throughout the hair shaft! I don't think I will ever color without this product again. I have washed my hair once since the coloring and its only faded a tiny bit.. I'm sure the more I use this filler and re-color, the richer it will become. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 4:23:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this in the neutral when my hair was blue black and when it was platinum....Currently I use the #10 red red ...It is great for maintaining red shades ....helps greatly in evening out your color (any shade when using the neutral) when it's time to do your roots and refresh the length! LOVE this , I hope I never have to do without it....My hair is bra-strap length and I use half of the 2.5 oz. bottle this comes in (I use a comb to distribute)....once or twice a month @ 4.69 per bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

This works! My hair has been truly tortured by bleach, so it can't grab or hold color. This protein filler is a gift! I always used my same holygrail Garnier Nutrisse hair color, and I did see the difference when I used this filler. When I don't use it my hair color goes on drab, and 2 shades lighter...and it fades super fast. But my hair color is darker when I use this protein filler. This allowed my hair to grab and hold the color better. It really does do a good job at that. It's a great haircoloring tool if your hair was bleached to the high heavens like mine and won't come down for color! I wish it was more shiny.
UPDATE: Arghhh...My only complaint is that this made my hair feel very very dry!!!! My hair looks unruly and feels ratty!!! Arghh, it feels horrible and stiff. It looks dull and not shiny and soft like it normally is with my holygrail hair dye by itself.
This protein filler is the only thing I did differently. So I had to take off a lippy for how nasty my hair feels! My hair doesn't do very well with protein, so I will most likely not use this again. I'd rather use a hair dye that has the filler already built in. I washed my hair and some of the color did fall out, and my hair still feels like a ratty mess, even after deep conditioning a few times. I'm going to have to keep deep conditioning it until it goes back to normal. This works to hold color, but the trade off isn't worth it to me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always use before doing any hair treatment. This absolutely makes a difference in how the color willl interact with your hair plus it really prevents damage to the hair. Incredibly cheap at Sally Beauty.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Balletgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm grateful I found this product on this site! It has made coloring my hair (medium length, graying for the last 25 years) possible with great results. Gone is the uneven color. Even doing just root touch ups were difficult, but no more! My hair grows fast and I often need root touch ups at 3-4 weeks and I still get beautiful even color now. I use it every time and my hair takes the color well and holds up to heat styling. Time consuming, but worth it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No