MAC Matte2 - Typographic

4.8

on 1/29/2010 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I held off of buying Typographic for a long time as I thought that because I had Carbon, I didn't need it. Turns out I did need it! Typographic is an *almost* black e/s. Side by side with Carbon it looks grey, and for once MAC's colour description is spot on, it is an asphalt-black. Perfect for when you need a very dark e/s finish without the harshness of pure black. I use Typographic at least a couple of times a week to darken the outer V or use as a smudgy liner. As with all Matte2s the blendability is great, really easy to work with and to get the intensity you are looking for. I was going to finish this by saying this is the only very dark neutral MAC e/s you need, but really you need this and Smut too :p

on 1/25/2010 9:20:00 PM

Love this shadow. I am MAC NW45 and it is the perfect color to define my crease or to use all over. Not too black yet not an ashy grey either. I have this in my custom palette along with Embark, Soft Brown and Saddle.

on 12/30/2009 4:52:00 PM

I still have not figured out why everyone loves carbon so much when there is this fantastic eyeshadow. I had carbon and hated it, it didn't blend very well and looked pretty harsh against my pale skin. But this eyeshadow is everything that I could want. It's super smooth (just test it out in the store next to carbon) and I can use it with any eyeshadows to deepen my crease. It's heaven that's all I can say. You must buy this.

on 12/30/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Typographic is such a great eyeshadow. The texture and payoff are amazing! Blending Typographic is super easy, because it's so easy to work with. I use this as a black, and it works just as fine as Carbon.

on 12/27/2009 4:21:00 AM

I absolutely love typographic!!! Its super easy to blend, and its high pigmented, though its a softer black.grey and not harshly over powering to the eyes. I use this daily on the corner edge of my eyelid, and to line 1/4 of the outer bottom lash line. It works beautifully. I definately would reccomend this product to every true makeup lover out there. This color is truely universal.

on 11/28/2009 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love! A very pigmented dark gray. The texture took a while for me to get used to because it applies very densely. But after a few tries, the application is much easier. I like to use it on the lid for a smokey eye. The coverage is buildable so it doesn't have to look very dark if you use a light hand. It is also dark enough to use as a liner.

on 11/27/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As much as I love the Matte2 shadows, I passed up Typographic so many times because it looks so unremarkable in the pan. Who needs a dark grey eyeshadow? I finally bought Typographic out of curiosity and I absolutely love it.

Typographic is the most versatile shade I've ever worked with. I can use it with everything from greens to purples to taupes and browns. Unless I use Typograhic by itself, it never looks like charcoal grey on my eyes. It's such a chameleon shadow. Today I blended a bunch of neutral brown shadows (Mulch was one) and popped a little Typographic along the outter third of my lash line and blended it out. I couldn't stop looking at my eyes--it was that gorgeous! Since Typographic is a Matte2 shadow, color payoff is amazing and the texture is soft, silky and blends beautifully.

on 10/8/2009 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another beautiful matte 2 shadow. It's great in the crease, outer V, or as a liner on the bottom lashline. I have a hard time with grays, but this one is a matte charcoal with no blue in it. Super smooth. Super blendable. Great color payoff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am new to the smokey eye look but my hubby LOVES it on me when I do manage it. I guess he likes the idea of his "sweet wife" occasionally looking like a naughty girl -chuckles- who knows with men.

Anyway I decided to try this because of the reviews. I had Carbon and didnt like it-didnt blend well and dragged. Was difficult to work with. So i went and purchased MAC Typographic. MUCH HAPPIER!!!

It's a very dark charcoal that borders on being black. Most matte shadows I have tried tend to drag a bit and be more difficult to blend but this one goes on sooo smooth. I love how easily it blends ; evry easy to work with even as a newbie.

For a "classic" smokey eye I blend this into the crease and V of Benefit's "Skinny jeans" cream shadow. Its a softer look than true black which I like but the oclor does build up if you want it to.

I have also used this over MAC Brronze and MAC star violet seperately and looks amazing both times.

I have tried other blacks and grays but the pigmentation and texture are NOTHING like this e/s and this is coming from a non-MAC lover. Give it a try!

on 8/25/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

All I have to say is forget Carbon, Typographic can give the same exact effect as Carbon, but is soooo much easier to blend and work with. Just swatch the two at a MAC store, its easy to see that at first swipe Typographic is wonderfully pigmented and soft, while Carbon you actually have to work to get the desired pigmentation.

Although they look very similar standing next to each other, I must say after using Carbon for years I much prefer Typographic because of the ease in blending it. This shade is absolutely wonderful because you can use a little for a soft gray, or build it up to an almost black. If you are a fan of dark creases I seriously suggest you choose this over any other shadow, I am sure you will not be disappointed

Top Rated MAC Products