MAC Matte2 - Typographic

4.8

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

omg...I cant get over how much I'm loving this shadow. whenever you need the extra depth and smoldery sexiness, you think of a dark matte shadow, Carbon perhaps? but what happens when carbon is too black/inky and print is too grey!? you get typographic. a soft black. not as harsh, way more blendable. so much easier to make a smokey eye with Typo rather than carbon.
it's sooo smooth and coal-like! love this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I held off of buying Typographic for a long time as I thought that because I had Carbon, I didn't need it. Turns out I did need it! Typographic is an *almost* black e/s. Side by side with Carbon it looks grey, and for once MAC's colour description is spot on, it is an asphalt-black. Perfect for when you need a very dark e/s finish without the harshness of pure black. I use Typographic at least a couple of times a week to darken the outer V or use as a smudgy liner. As with all Matte2s the blendability is great, really easy to work with and to get the intensity you are looking for. I was going to finish this by saying this is the only very dark neutral MAC e/s you need, but really you need this and Smut too :p

Love this shadow. I am MAC NW45 and it is the perfect color to define my crease or to use all over. Not too black yet not an ashy grey either. I have this in my custom palette along with Embark, Soft Brown and Saddle.

I still have not figured out why everyone loves carbon so much when there is this fantastic eyeshadow. I had carbon and hated it, it didn't blend very well and looked pretty harsh against my pale skin. But this eyeshadow is everything that I could want. It's super smooth (just test it out in the store next to carbon) and I can use it with any eyeshadows to deepen my crease. It's heaven that's all I can say. You must buy this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Typographic is such a great eyeshadow. The texture and payoff are amazing! Blending Typographic is super easy, because it's so easy to work with. I use this as a black, and it works just as fine as Carbon.

I absolutely love typographic!!! Its super easy to blend, and its high pigmented, though its a softer black.grey and not harshly over powering to the eyes. I use this daily on the corner edge of my eyelid, and to line 1/4 of the outer bottom lash line. It works beautifully. I definately would reccomend this product to every true makeup lover out there. This color is truely universal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love! A very pigmented dark gray. The texture took a while for me to get used to because it applies very densely. But after a few tries, the application is much easier. I like to use it on the lid for a smokey eye. The coverage is buildable so it doesn't have to look very dark if you use a light hand. It is also dark enough to use as a liner.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As much as I love the Matte2 shadows, I passed up Typographic so many times because it looks so unremarkable in the pan. Who needs a dark grey eyeshadow? I finally bought Typographic out of curiosity and I absolutely love it.

Typographic is the most versatile shade I've ever worked with. I can use it with everything from greens to purples to taupes and browns. Unless I use Typograhic by itself, it never looks like charcoal grey on my eyes. It's such a chameleon shadow. Today I blended a bunch of neutral brown shadows (Mulch was one) and popped a little Typographic along the outter third of my lash line and blended it out. I couldn't stop looking at my eyes--it was that gorgeous! Since Typographic is a Matte2 shadow, color payoff is amazing and the texture is soft, silky and blends beautifully.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another beautiful matte 2 shadow. It's great in the crease, outer V, or as a liner on the bottom lashline. I have a hard time with grays, but this one is a matte charcoal with no blue in it. Super smooth. Super blendable. Great color payoff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am new to the smokey eye look but my hubby LOVES it on me when I do manage it. I guess he likes the idea of his "sweet wife" occasionally looking like a naughty girl -chuckles- who knows with men.

Anyway I decided to try this because of the reviews. I had Carbon and didnt like it-didnt blend well and dragged. Was difficult to work with. So i went and purchased MAC Typographic. MUCH HAPPIER!!!

It's a very dark charcoal that borders on being black. Most matte shadows I have tried tend to drag a bit and be more difficult to blend but this one goes on sooo smooth. I love how easily it blends ; evry easy to work with even as a newbie.

For a "classic" smokey eye I blend this into the crease and V of Benefit's "Skinny jeans" cream shadow. Its a softer look than true black which I like but the oclor does build up if you want it to.

I have also used this over MAC Brronze and MAC star violet seperately and looks amazing both times.

I have tried other blacks and grays but the pigmentation and texture are NOTHING like this e/s and this is coming from a non-MAC lover. Give it a try!

Top Rated MAC Products