October 2, 2014 | 1057 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by SylviaGrant

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is my HG Foundation! For AUD50, I think it's fairly pricey but it's worth it! It looks like skin and can be built up to a medium/full coverage. I use mine with MAC Fix+ and the beauty blender and it lasts all day! I wouldn't recommend any MAC powder on top of it as it makes it look soooooo gross...I just apply a light dusting of my NARS light reflecting power on top and spray with mac fix+ again. This doesn't feel cakey, look cakey or feel heavy on the skin. If you have really bad pimples/acne you will need to add some extra coverage with a concealer (i use mac prolong wear concealer over my blemishes)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

This is a true HG for me.
This winter my skin went super dry, and on top of that, I had an allergic reaction to a product, so I had really bad eczema patches on my face.

I couldn't use anything on my face, without it looking cakey and cling to those dry eczema patches. Even my Bourjois Healthy Mix serum couldn't do it.
I went out and got this in C1, which matches my NC20 skin perfectly. However it is really yellow, so maybe be aware of that.

This "foundation" is super lightweight and LOOKS LIKE SKIN! It blends in beautifully and never looks cakey. The coverage is really light, almost like the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB, if anyone knows that one. However it can be build to a medium coverage.

- This is a very dewy foundation, so if you have oily skin it's probably not for you. I can't use this on hot summerdays, since I find it getting to shiny in my t-zone, but for normal days and in autumn/winter it's really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. I loved the finish, how long it last, the colour selection and even the packaging. But EVERYTIME I use this for more than 3 days in a row, BAM! cystic acne and white heads. I guess I will try MUFE face and body version now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by emileesays

This is a very watery, light foundation. I really like the fact that it's waterproof AND light coverage, that makes a perfect combo for the beach or summer months. I would never recommend wearing powder over it. It's too much of a dewy finish for powder, the powder will just be blotchy.
With that being said, the dewy finish isn't an oily feel you get from some foundations, it's more of a fresh/watery feel.
My favorite way to use this product is by purchasing it a shade darker than my NC20 Prolong wear foundation, in shade C4 and blending 2 or 3 drops in with my prolongwear using my Tarte Kabuki brush. And that's my perfect summer combo! Helps my prolong wear liquid stay on perfectly in water and makes the color adjustable.
You also get a lot in the bottle and it lasts forever.

If this foundation wasn't waterproof I probably wouldn't purchase it just because its so light of a coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this foundation!

I have combination skin - oily in summer and dry in winter. Sensitive skin.
I don't suffer from a lot of breakouts.

MAC Face and Body is like a "your skin but better" foundation.
It gives a lovely dewy finish, doesn't settle in my pores or cake - I have quite large pores.

It is light coverage which is perfect for everyday/summer use. If I want a bit more coverage I apply a light layer of studio sculpt first with a damp sponge and then a light layer of face and body - great coverage and still no cakeyness.

I have freckles and normally I like to disguise them as much as possible. But the glow that this foundation gives is so amazing that I feel I don't need to cover my skin.
It has no scent and the packaging is super convenient and it feels great on the skin.

Best applied with your fingers.

I have heard that it does spoil quickly but I guess we'll see.
I have been told that keeping it in the fridge can help it last longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:47:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

Spoils really fast! I bought this for all over body usage, don't ask. I was just convinced I had to look perfect for my high school formal. I used this on a few occasions to school because I like to switch up my make up. C3 was a really good colour match for me; I use Strombolli for Nars Sheer Glow, 6.5 for Giorgio Armani and B30 for Chanel. It smells weird too, I hate the smell. Super sheer but with a stippling brush, you're good to go!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Cakebaked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Recently changed to this foundation to try lighter coverage for summer months. Changed from Laura mercier silk creme. After being told numerous times by friends I would not like face and body as it's too light I decided to give this a go. It's rather tricky to apply and I have found that best way is with hands. I first tried with brush and got a patchy finish. I run a sweep of mac studio fix powder foundation over the top and absolutely love the combination. It does go shiny after a few hours but a bit of powder and all is fine. Lightweight feel on face makes a nice change from Laura mercier! Overall loving it and would recommend to anyone wanting to try a lighter finish for summer but with good coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently decided to change from Studio fix to this as studio fix lately start to make my skin look too yellow. My skin is in NC25 so the MUA recommend I use N1. Its the exact match to my skin. Now my skin look more natural. I do have some acne scars so i use face and body then just use concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Asianlily

I have used this foundations for many years. It was my first (and only) foundation from MAC. I have been very lucky as I don't require a lot of coverage from my foundations. But the last bottle I bought (C3) oxidised to this horrible orange colour. It was so unnatural and made my face so dark compared to my neck that I had to buy a scarf to hide the difference! However, it's great to mix with heavier foundations (it does not seem to oxidise this way) to give a lighter dewier finish. After this bottle, I'm not sure if I'd bother to buy again - it does spoil quickly and really not worth the money if all I'm using it for is to mix with my regular foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by nikkioh84

I wear C2 as my undertones are very yellow/olive, yet I am fair.

I love that the foundation is sheer yet buildable. It looks very natural and provides the skin with a lot of luminosity. I also feel this would be a great foundation to mix with others. Although I have yet to try this, I am one to enjoy mixing foundations to customize my colour and also the coverage that I'm looking for depending on the day and situation.

This foundation is also great value at the price point. I am so happy that I finally gave it a try as I had read so many glowing reviews and watched some great demos. It also photographs very well. I don't like my foundations to contain any SPF as I apply it separately (they never have a high enough SPF to be effective anyways).