MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 5/11/2015 6:38:00 PM

This is the only foundation (or BB / CC / TM) I use. It is very natural looking, non drying, and leaves a beautiful dewy finish.

I have C3 (pink) for when I am the darkest in the summer. I mix it with the white, and use over my Cover FX Illuminating Primer.

My face glows, and my skin looks beautiful -- NOT FLAWLESS, I do not go for the made up flawless face caked make up look - I like a more natural look

Finish is dewy, it sets well (you rub it in really well), and I just powder my cheeks before adding a bit of blusher

Does not dry out my skin --

on 5/8/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

quick summary: Light makeup, sheer to medium coverage (easily buildable). It can't completely hide my old acnes scars, but that's what concealer (under foundation) is for!

The MAC Face and Body feels very light on skin. All other foundation (especially in hot weathers) felt like I have an extra layer of something. I can feel it, which is kind of gross. On cold temperatures (aka my regular Canadian days), foundation still feels heavy but the dry air makes it less annoying. On the other hand the MAC's Face and Body, I always forget I have it. It's just so light!

It's like a lotion. It's not drying, it's watery. My setting powder, blush, and setting spray doesn't ruin it. It also doesn't flake my skin (I hate that!).

The coverage is sheer to medium. I build it to medium. The lasting power is okay, it's not the best. It lasts about 8 hours on a good day, but a setting spray (I have the Urban Decay Chill) makes it lasts 18 hours. I know this because I tend to stay out pretty late...

By 18th hour, nothing really lasts on my face anyways. Technically by 4th hour, my bottom eyeliner is already running.

I love MAC Face and Body for its value (good price! for 4oz? oh yeah), the light feeling, the watery texture makes it easy to blend (apply with fingers or sponge), and C3 flawlessly matches my skin. (I have light Chinese skin, I use Custard for NARS concealer)

The medium coverage is... acceptable. I think I prefer a light foundation (thus sacrificing the coverage). I rely on foundation to cover my Asian blush (I get red fast!!!), the MAC Face and Body has helped a lot. During afternoons when the sun is shinning and my coworkers want to share a beer or sake, this makeup cannot cover that... My Asian blush seems to be warmer and redder in the afternoon than in the evenings? Maybe I'm nervous!! "Please don't stay red, please don't stay red." But for daily usage, this is my favourite. It even looks like I don't have makeup on.

on 5/8/2015 7:58:00 AM

It's really easy to blend due to its liquid, smooth texture. Although the packaging isn't that good but it's still really fabulous. It covers my dark spots, redness and blemishes, first of all I think this foundation doesn't have coverage that I required but I was wrong. I can add up more to cover my blemishes but my face still can breathe.

on 5/8/2015 12:15:00 AM

The color selection is awesome on this, but the coverage is too sheer for me. It doesn't cover my sun spots at all which is disappointing. It does look natural in daylight - until the oilies break through, then it's a greasy mess. OK for a low key day in cooler weather, but I won't be using it during summer months or when I need more coverage.

on 5/7/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am the type of person who hates to wear foundation, but this one i don't mind at all. It feels extremely natural and lasts all day. I have oily olive tone skin with some acne scars on my cheeks. I use this with a concealer underneath, seriously all you need is one or two coats with a concealer underneath and it looks like your own natural flawless skin. It will not give you full coverage without a concealer. I have oily skin and live in a hot area, so what i do after i apply this i use a pressed powder on my t-zone and it works out great. I would recommend this to people who like the natural look. REMEMBER, if you want to have that blemish free natural look, use a concealer underneath. Apply with damp sponge for best results.

I got F&B in C1 and fell head over heels for the natural finish, but the color was too dark and slightly too yellow. I have dry skin that is very light with slight yellow undertones and moderate rosacea. Most foundations look very chalky and fake on my skin, and their lightest colors are always too pink (and usually too dark).

Adding some white made my C1 perfect! Sure, it doesn't completely cover all of my redness, but it blends it away enough that I just look like I got a little sun - healthy and natural (unlike most pale foundations, which make me look dead even if they're not lighter than me).

Yes, the finish is shiny, but I love it on my dry-ish skin. I don't even use powder with it. This is the only foundation I've tried (out of about a dozen) that looks totally natural (particularly on my nose). All others have clung to and highlighted my peach fuzz, pores, and sebaceous filaments.

Unlike most, I prefer to apply with a brush, so I do wish it didn't leave such a gummy mess in my nice brush.

I got a small dropper bottle to mix in so that I don't have to concoct my color every day, and it's working wonderfully.

I still can't believe I found a foundation that is undetectable even super close-up. This is amazing!

on 4/29/2015 3:43:00 PM

My go to foundation for when I use an all over foundation. I typically for day will wear sunscreen (lots) concealer blush and a setting powder only

I bought a darker cool tone color and a large bottle of the white as my skin tone is always changing. I can run N15 - N30 (cool)

I saw a few MUA in action on youtube, and saw how they mixed the white to another color and matched to the jaw line.

The MUA really slapped rubbed and used their fingers to work it into the skin No brush, no sponge no fuss. Love it !

This foundation is the ONLY ONE I have found to not dry out my skin and gives me a nice sheer finish. I can really build it up though'

I love the finish and texture, it does not need to be set with powder but I do run my ambient lighting powder over it, before blusher and bronzer.

This has been out now for over 20 yrs and is the "Bridal Foundation" as it gives such a soft pretty look (no flash back you need your own sunscreen)

Every good MUA has this in their kit, and I have to say it is at a much lower price point than the other HE foundations. I think they just do not put the money into packaging (cheap plastic) nor market the product (save money) as it is so well known, so you get much more product at a much less $$ amount and a beautiful application

on 4/26/2015 4:25:00 PM

I've been searching for that HG foundation for about a year or two because I've only recently really got into foundation. Tried the likes of Estee Lauder, MAC, Revlon, Bourjois,Maybelline and MaxFactor. I have really pale skin, and pretty much every foundation tends to oxidise on my face after about fifteen minutes of application....NOT THIS BEAUTY. Yes the shade N1 is slightly too dark for me, but I've found out since purchasing it that i probably would have been better with C1 as i have more yellow undertones. Yet it's so sheer in formula that you can blend it in really well and get away with a shade too light/dark. This coverage is really light, but you can totally build it up to medium coverage, without it feeling heavy or cakey, Just make sure to leave about three or four minutes in between applying layers. It's fantastic for dry skin (which i have) because it totally moisturizes your skin and as a result I've found I can now skip my face moisturizing routine. I'm actually going to repurchase this foundation...and I have never repurchased a foundation before.

PROS: 1. It photographs amazingly(!!!!!) - i wore it to a ball recently and I've never looked so photogenic. No flashback.
2. Amazing staying power, didn't sweat off the whole night of the ball through lots of ceilidh dancing.
3. Great price - £21.50 for 50mls I think and debenhams often have 10% off beauty and they sell MAC so get yourself in there when they have these discounts.
4.Packaging is so convenient and cute! Its like a little milk bottle. Its plastic and has a pump type dispenser so it doesn't get messy.
5. Seems to have a good range of shades...I can't wait to try out C1.

Cons - Can be a bit sticky if you apply too much too quickly - just treat it like a moisturizer wait till the first lot has dried in and then apply your next layer.

Overall a great foundation for those looking for a natural finish that really brings out the best in your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this! It has replaced my Maybelline Dream Liquid and MAC Studio Sculpt foundations. It works perfectly with the Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray, as I tend to get oily in the t-zone. Lasts all day for me. Shade N5 is perfect for me. Next time, I'll go ahead and purchase the larger size, as I just purchase the smaller bottle last month, and it's almost gone. I've never used this on my body so I don't know how well it works for that.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Dewy, healthy finish. It's sheer and will even out your skintone beautifully. Its nice paired with studio finish concealer. I read about this foundation seperating in the bottle and going bad, but I haven't had that happen at all to 3 different bottles. It has a light orangey scent. It's best applied over moisturized skin with your fingertips. A brush or a sponge will just soak it right up. It looks totally natural which is the best part. You can not tell its foundation, it just looks like really nice skin!