MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

This is my HG foundation. I don't have blemishes and do t need much coverage. Regular foundations tend to cake on me and look odd. This foundation with a light dust of powder looks like skin. Without powder it is very dewy. It is buildable. I'm on my second bottle.

Really nice foundation once applied, it's one of those foundations you can chuck on your face and don't have to spend ages blending.

The finish of f&b is your skin but better, everytime I use this foundation I'm not blown away by how it looks on me and then I look in a mirror 15 minutes later and my skin looks so soft and airbrushed, it's one of those foundations that look better over the next hour of application.

Super runny consistency, I was able to build this to light / medium coverage but couldn't get past without using a mega tonne of product which is in my opinion wasteful.

My only gripe is that after 3 hours I look really oily and sweaty, this foundation offers no oil control and I'm not even that oily to begin with, I'd probably only wear this foundation if I were heading to the shops for an hour or so and didn't want to wear something really light.

Not super impressed by this foundation but would probably recommend to people looking for a sheer foundation with normal skin.

I LOVED this foundation. I like to use it with cover girls hydrating make up and they create a beautiful combo. Until...I took it off and had bumps all over my cheeks. I thought maybe it was just from rubbing my face with the wipe, but nope after I looked in the mirror I still saw them. It wasn't acne either it was just white bumps. I don't have sensitive skin at all. I've only had a reaction to one brand of make up wipes. The rash isn't the worse you've ever seen others don't really notice but I can feel them when I touch my face. Sucks cause I love how this looks other than that.

Combination skin:
I purchased a bottle of 120ml Fnb 3 years ago in C3. Felt nothing special about it. It is just a basic that I couldn’t care of.
Once I went on a humid and warm beach holiday, decided to bring it along mostly because I don’t care if I lose the bottle while travelling. Im that sort of girl that applies foundation to the beach (please don’t judge)

It works extremely well on top of sun cream, I couldn’t even be bothered to powder it.
It is truly waterproof, and doesn’t look weird coming out of the water. It just looks like skin!! 3
Looks extremely perfect during my holiday pictures even in harsh sunlight.

Somehow, upon returning from my holiday, got some new cheeky purchases from duty free and totally neglected fnb again.
It is a foundation that I could always put my trust on, you can apply it with fingers no matter the conditions of your skin.
It is always in my backup makeup bag, the emergency morning after makeup bag for the same reason that it was foundation that I don’t care if I misplace it.

One morning, after a crazy night out heading to work straight away.
Putting on makeup at the back of the cab, I accidentally left it back there.

That was when I realize, the morning after rituals won’t be the same without precious FNB!!
Went out and got a new bottle in C2, has been my everyday foundation ever since. Except night out or sleepover (it transfers just a little).
It doesn’t make me oilier than usual, my napkin blotting method still works with this foundation. I even went for a 7hours hike with this foundation and it stays on!!

Application is just, spread, rub, slap on followed by a thin layer of Mac set powder, does not emphasis pores which I have loads.
Since the change of routine, my Korean coworker commented, ‘ your skin got water!! Very Korean’
Guess that’s a compliment

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Love this foundation. Does not sink into fine lines. It makes my skin look great.

I'm more oily and I really liked this foundation, not sure why people crying over having abit of an oily tzone, my tzone is an oil slick and I looked so cute using this? Natural, easy to blend, loved it.

This is a terrific foundation when you are having a "Good Skin Day" and want buildable, dewy coverage. It's also great for drier skin types. I'm a NC-15 and C2 is a pretty solid match

Pros:
Thin, watery, light
Lovely coverage but sheer
Buildable
Dewy
Mixes well with lumbers (Strobe cream, Burberry)
Moisturizing

Cons:
Packaging (it's hard to control how much comes out)
If you need coverage, this isn't the foundation for you

This is my go-to foundation at the moment this time of year. If you want this vibe, but more coverage and control I would suggest Waterweight if you want to stick in the MAC family.

I absolutely love this product, moisturizing, build-able, never looks cakey, dewy..fab!! Lasts absolutely ages so is ok price wise. For reference I am NC20-NC25 and I use Mac N3. Would definitely recommend

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

My skin: I have both acne prone and sensitive skin. That being said, I've been working extensively on clearing my skin over the summer and finally got it to a point that I was happy with. My skin is oily at the T and dry on my cheeks, and I tend to break out at the slightest ingredient that irritates sensitive skin. I wanted a foundation that was light and slightly covered up the rest of my imperfections after going through the skin clearing process.

My shades:
Mac Face and Body - C5
NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer - St. Moritz
NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation - Barcelona or Stromboli (depending on the season)
Estee Lauder DW - 3W2 for the summer. 3W1 for all other seasons.

Pros:
I had bought this foundation from a MAC counter at Macy's without reading the ingredients list. After reading all the reviews and making a comparative list of the most popular, top foundations (in ratings and "would buy again"), I thought the Mac Face and Body foundation would be a good choice to try. The shades are good variety, and since you don't need a lot it blends in well with your skin tone. Another thing I liked about it was the fact that it felt pretty light throughout the day, and I didn't need much touch-up throughout the day. It looked pretty flawless for the beginning of the time I had used it.

CONS:
I used very little of it for about 2 hours on Friday night so I could go out on a date with my boyfriend. After removing the foundation that night I could feel my skin slightly tight, but I assumed it was because of the fact that it had rained earlier in the day and the allergens might've been sticking on to my face more (which does happen). I used it again the next day for a few hours, and that night I started to notice more irritation and bumps starting to form on my face. I had an inkling that it was due to MAC Face & Body, so I promptly removed it and didn't wear it the next day (Sunday). SUNDAY UNTIL TODAY (the following Friday) WAS ONE OF THE WORST TIMES OF MY SKIN'S LIFE. Let me just remind you that I had spent the whole summer, a whopping 3 months, caring for my skin and getting it cleared up. This foundation managed to ruin all of that work in the span of two days. I had to go to my doctor on Tuesday because my skin was breaking out, itching, and in pain from Contact Dermatitis. She ended up prescribing me topical steroids just to calm the reaction down. My recommendation is to check up on the ingredients list and make sure you aren't allergic or irritated by any of those things beforehand. If I was smart I would have seen that the MAC Face & Body foundation has multiple types of PARABENS in their ingredients, something known to irritate skin. Watch out, my sensitive skin friends! This foundation will give you the worst reaction of your life if you are allergic to parabens. Such a shame, because the application and flawless look of the foundation was so satisfying at first.

Summary:
Needless to say, I won't be purchasing this ever again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Unless you want a foundation with an EXTREMELY low coverage, and a dewy finish, stay clear of MAC face and body!! This foundation would be great for anyone who has amazing skin, with no blemishes or spots to cover. Personally, I require more coverage as I have acne scars etc to cover and to be honest it's kind of a hassle to have to go over every blemishes on my face with concealer; I'd rather my foundation covered at least some things.
Furthermore, the finish of this foundation is slightly too dewy for my liking. But then again I do prefer a satin to matte finish, so really it's down to what you prefer.
However a massive bonus about this foundation is the colour. I use C3 and it's the PERFECT colour. I've honestly never found a foundation colour that matches me better than this. The undertones are so just so realistic (not too pink based nor orange or yellow).
So in conclusion, this isn't really a 'bad' product it just doesn't meet the criteria that I personally look for in a foundation. If you like a very light, dewy, immensely natural looking foundation this will be perfect for you. I, unfortunately like the opposite :) hope this is helpful x

Video Reviews & Tutorials