MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 4/6/2015 11:49:00 AM

Only foundation that has ever looked perfect from application to removal

on 4/5/2015 5:24:00 AM

I have been using this foundation for a year. So far, this foundation has been my favourite but since I am nearly nearing the end of my first bottle, I am still undecided if I would continue purchasing the large 120ml bottle which is priced at AUD $60 which is quite decent for the size. I purchased the 50ml originally for AUD $50 which is not really worth the value.

I have a very oily forehead and t-zone, therefore being a very light foundation, it is very nice and does not clog up. However, it has very light coverage, saying so, I have managed to cover up some blemishes by applying 2-3 layers or with an additional concealer. However, the only major deal-breaker for me is that after 4-5 hours, my forehead does start to get quite shiny and requires blotting paper or powder. This will be the first foundation that I have finished, mainly because it does not OXIDISE (no orangey colour change) because MAC does offer yellow or pink undertones to suit you. It does not cake. Very runny consistency, so it is very easy to apply to the whole face (also blends into any discolouration- since I find that my forehead gets a bit more tanned than the rest of my face). No SPF, so flash photography is perfect! And there is no stickiness or dewiness.

By far, this is my go-to foundation and is definitely worth a try! The only con is the shine, but by far the best foundation I have used!

on 4/2/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My color is C3, which is a perfect match for my NC30 skin. My mom is around NC35 and it matches her quite well too!

I love this foundation -it may be a high end product with a not so cheap price tag, but it's totally worth it! I have the 120ml version, which has 4 times more product than the average foundation and it's gonna last forever!

It's a good choice for an everyday foundation since it's so light on the skin, but not for special occasions when I want to look flawless.

This foundation has sheer but build-able to a barely medium coverage! Since I don't have perfect skin, I like to apply about 2 layers and then use concealer over any imperfections.

And yes, I do love the packaging! It's not pretty by any means but it's travel-friendly and won't crack on you if you dropped it, plus it comes with a nozzle so it's hygiene-friendly :)

Did I mention that I love this?

on 3/30/2015 5:28:00 PM

I have dry skin. If I don't take care of it I can get flaky. This felt fresh and light on my face but coverage wise I got nothing. Of course if you build it up you start to get SOME coverage but not a whole lot. Does leave a nice glow since it's water based. Not anything shimmer like or oily or anything but something subtle. I had been deciding between MAC sculpt and this one. I bought it but didn't like the coverage and how I would have to use a lot to get coverage because that means I would use the bottle up asap. It is an easy bottle to use. You would be able to use up the product. I ended up returning this one and got MAC sculpt. More coverage, provides moisture for sure, and don't need to use a lot of it.

on 3/28/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in N1. Perfect color match for me. Not cakey and just enough coverage for my purpose. Dewy and doesn't accentuate dry areas. A little goes a LONG way. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/23/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this, but I just couldn't find a colour match :(
The formulation looks beautiful on, but both of the lightest colours made me look dirty. I'm about an NW10 - NW15. Pale ladies beware.

on 3/23/2015 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this foundation a few days ago, at the recommendation of the MAC shop assistant. I asked her for a skin like finish, that doesn't accentuate dry patches and fine lines. I have normal/dry skin with an oily area on the tip of my nose. This foundation was exactly what I was looking for. It's very sheer and shows the skin underneath, it feels like a cool rain when it touches your skin and it doesn't feel heavy at all.
One layer is enough for me and it lasts for a good 8 hours. It didn't make me break out.
Overall, I like this very much. Would repurchase.

on 3/19/2015 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I finally decided to see why everyone seems to love F&B so much, and I have to say, it's a good foundation. The short of it is I like the truly skin-like finish and its tendency to disguise dry patches. It's helped me feel much better about my skin since I started struggling with hormonal acne a few months ago.
I've only worn BB cream for the past year or so because I despise, more than anything, the heavy feeling of foundation and that slightly mask-like, powdery look that comes with it; even though I apply with a light hand, I've always hated seeing my skin on cloudy days and under overhead lighting that immediately makes my foundation look obvious and kind of gross. But I was intrigued when I kept reading that this foundation was *the* most natural-looking base on the market. Of course I went for it and was not disappointed.
I'm between NC15 and 20, so C1 was slightly darker, but wearable; I've since mixed with the white shade (WHY must they only sell white in the larger bottle?) so shade isn't a problem anymore. 90% of reviews--including pros-- say to apply this with your fingers, but I must be doing it all wrong because I couldn't seem to get it to look right. The formula is extremely runny and my method of tap-and-spread gave me a smeared, uneven look, and if I waited too long for it to set, it applied patchily. I went to both my Sephora buffing brush and Beautyblender next, both giving me a wonderful finish. These tools will soak up quite a bit if you let them, so apply quickly. I prefer the Beautyblender because it seems to soak up a bit less than the brush. The coverage is somewhat buildable, but you'd be hard-pressed to get more than medium. The light smell is a little like acrylic paint and disappears once applied. I apply foundation to my T-zone and jaw line, avoiding cheeks and the upper perimeter of my face.
I was surprised to discover that the finish looked beautiful in all lighting-- I'd only apply powder where my glasses rest on my nose to keep them from sliding around. I checked how it appeared in overhead lighting and it was flawless. In my attempt to describe the finish as something other than skin-like, it leans dewy and lies very close to your face since it's so liquidy. This means it won't disguise imperfections like pits or bumps, although my pores are blurred away. I have a fair amount of dryness right now, so I appreciate that it improves the look of my dry patches. I don't wear any other products over my foundation so I can't speak to how it plays with highlighter, blush, etc., but sometimes I do light nose contouring and the foundation doesn't seem to affect it. While this formula won't migrate, it will transfer, but not excessively. Just blot lightly with a paper and your coverage will stay. My skin is doing all kinds of weird stuff right now but I'd say I am combo-dry and usually blot every 5 hours. Even if it's upwards of 7 hours, Face and Body will definitely look oily, but it does not break down on me, which is more important in my opinion!
I really appreciate the utilitarian bottle: easy to clean, won't make a mess when dispensing, and keeps the foundation away from bacteria. Plus, it won't shatter if I drop it.
If you're after a base that very closely resembles your skin, feels weightless, and gives sheer to medium coverage, go for it.

on 3/16/2015 10:59:00 AM

I initialed reviewed this foundation on 1/2/06 (yes, I have been on this site for a really long time) and I deleted it in favor of an updated review since no one found my prior review helpful. I am really an N/NW10-15, but I bought this in C1 long ago, and I bought the same shade several years ago. It is too yellow for me, and if I purchased it again, I would get N1 in the smaller size. I got the 4 oz. size because I did not know it came in a smaller version. This is the only foundation I feel comfortable wearing on my body since it does not transfer. I also wear it on some days on my cheeks, which are dry. I don't wear it on my t-zone, which is oily, because I am afraid it would break me out. I shake the bottle, then pour some on the back of my hand. I (still) find that no matter how careful I am, I squirt out much too much product. I then apply it with my fingers, and when it starts to feel a little bit stiff, I let it set. I have to say, I haven't been happy wearing it on my cheeks recently. It seems to accentuate the pores in the upper part of my cheeks, and it doesn't blend all that easily. I just haven't found the finish to be as polished as I like it, and it isn't a great canvas for blush. I have to use powder before applying blush, which can get cakey on my dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Seriously one of the greatest foundations out there. If you haven't yet tried it, you're missing out & should seriously consider adding this to your arsenal! I'm a professional makeup artist & I turn to this foundation for the majority of my clients & often for myself.

Face & Body is a longwear, lightweight, sheer, water-based foundtion that has super buildable coverage. It's good for any skin type, the shade range is phenomenal and the amount of product you get for the price is unbeatable.

Do yourself a favor and apply this very minimally WITHOUT a primer. Moisturize your clean skin and apply about a pearl-sized amount of this with your fingertips as a base and then add another layer with fingers, a BeautyBlender, a flat-top buffing brush or stippling brush...anything, really. As your blend this second layer, you'll notice that the coverage builds the more that you blend! No need to slap on a million layers.

Video Reviews & Tutorials