MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 1/12/2015 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in C1 and C2. I mix both together in the winter when I am paler. This is a nice light weight foundation that just looks like skin. I have not tried building it up for fuller coverage as I use a separate foundation for full coverage. I have super dry skin in the winter and it does not become flakey or cakey at all.

on 1/11/2015 1:49:00 AM

After trying every foundation out there for the past 2 years I finally settled on this one. Why?

- skin-like, invisible texture
- sheer-light coverage
- works with my dry-very dry skin
- does not settle into lines
- does not accentuate flakes
- does not irritate my sensitive skin
- perfect shade match (C1 matches my NC20-NC23 olive skin tone)
- stays put all day
- gives skin a youthful glow

The only two cons about this foundation are the application and the slightly tacky, shiny finish. I need to rub the foundation on the palm of my hand before applying in order to thicken it and get coverage. This takes more effort than applying it straight up from a tube. It also leaves my skin a bit tacky and shiny. To fix this, I let the formula set for a couple of minutes, then I press the skin with the palms of my hands in order to take away some of the tackiness and extra shine. So it takes a lot more time and effort to apply this foundation, but the final result is very much worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I think this product is slowly but surely becoming my favourite MAC product !!
When I first tried this foundation I didn't love it! the coverage wasn't great. Only to find I wasn't using this product CORRECTLY!!! And most girls could be forgiven for not doing so as we all know when visiting our local MAC counter especially on a late night or weekend the traffic can be mental and the poor girls working the counter can be forgiven for missing this vital step although detrimental to the APPLICATION of this product.
The colours are quiet lovely in comparison to the studio fixes and if you are one of those girls who changes colour with the season you could purchase C7 And C1 like my room mate and mix as little or as much of the two to achieve the perfect colour. Now to the APPLICATION forget your brushes, beauty blenders and miracle face wands they won't help you here as it's time to go back to basics and use the little sausages attached to your palms (fingers especially clean ones) now if you like a light coverage work this product into the skin with your digits and straight away you will feel the product (which is very liquidy) start to thicken just like magic. Now for all those girls who said this was a non existent coverage shock horror it can be built up if you then add another layer using the same method. Conceal any other areas you have issues with your skin because most foundations could be forgiven for not covering every blemish or under eye bag.
Pros-
Size of the product and the amount.
Price.
Colour range.
Overall finish (if your looking for an every day makeup)
It feels lovely on the skin.
Doesn't make me oily (thank The Lord!)
Cons-
I think most cons of this product can be ironed out if you use it correctly.

100% would buy this again (or steal from my room mate)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this foundation as my everyday foundation a few years ago. It's very light and water based so does not have much coverage. It's not very long lasting but due to the size of the bottle it's a great investment for everyday use. I told my friend about this and she is still using it 5 years later! If you have good skin what not oily then this would be perfect for you.

on 1/1/2015 4:49:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it just wasn't the foundation for me. I have this colour in C1 and while the colour matched perfectly, the coverage itself was too light. It was easy to apply, being slightly more liquidy than what I am used to, however it was too sheer to be an every day foundation for me. It is comfortable to wear and feels very light, and it does not dry out my skin, nor make it oily. However, I rarely reach for this product and would not repurchase, however if you are only after a very light coverage, then this product may be the one for you. :)

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! MAC SA suggested this in N1 when I told her I was looking for something light to wear that didn't settle into pores and wrinkles and would work underneath my Studio Fix powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin, mild redness in cheeks occasionally, a few early signs of aging.

I feel this gives the perfect amount of coverage for evening out skintone. Better coverage than most BB creams and tinted moisturizers for sure. Honestly, I was surprised at how happy I was with the coverage, I think sometimes we think our skin is worse than it actually is. I do have a small broken capillary and dark undereye circles that need concealer.

The truly interesting thing about this foundation is that although it does become a more skin like/satin finish, it does not seem to fade or rub off throughout the day!!!
Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses, it did not seem to wear off around my nose like most foundations do once the oil starts to breakthrough. To me, this is what differentiates this from drugstore foundations that are more natural/light coverage-they fade and rub off rather quickly. This does not.

PROS:
-feels like nothing on
-gives the face a very healthy, dimensional look. You probably won't need to use as much contour/blush with this product.
-does not settle in lines/accentuate pores
-does not oxidize to strange shades of peach/pink/banana yellow
-color match was great. I wear n4 in studio fix powder foundation, previously had the Matchmaster 1.0 and it was nice but a little too pale and then next was up was too yellow.
-can use finger to apply and still looks awesome. Easy to blend.
-very minimal transfer/fading throughout the day.

CONS:
- Oil breakthrough. Not a matte finish.
- Has a citrus-y scent, not unpleasant but would like it better without one.
-Maybe not be the best for travelling since it is not a pump or a tube, occasionally some foundation leaks out of the nozzle tip.
-Would not recommend for summertime/dancing, would probably look too greasy

This is also a good product to mix in with any SPF items that you find too drying or give you white-face. I have been applying this over a light daytime serum and then using powder to blot when needed. Even though I've always preferred matter finish, med/full coverage foundations, I find as I get older they look fake and too heavy in the daytime and I only wear the for night out/special events. This makes my skin look smooth and healthy. Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses this doesn't rub off or wear down, blotting is essential though.

This will be my go to foundation for fall/winter. Would recommend to most, except those who are very oily or have more acne or discoloration issues that need heavier coverage. HTH!

on 12/25/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have struggled with awful acne all of my adolescent life. Everything broke me out and exacerbated my all ready numerous amount of pimples. I have tried probably over 50 different brands of liquid foundation(drugstore/sephora/ulta) and they have all made my acne worse. So finally I decided to try Face and Body because of the good reviews I've read on this site. This is the only liquid foundation that doesn't break me out. And my shade (n2) is perfect.
***It IS tricky to apply. But I figured out that applying it with my fingers was the best way.
I start by dropping a pea size amount on the back of my hand, then I briefly rub the foundation in a circle.
Next I dip my fingertip(s) into it and apply it to my face by blending it in a circular motion. Once it's blended properly it will have a slight dragging feeling to it, almost like it's too difficult to blend. When I get to that part I blend it downwards. And I usually do this on one section of my face at a time because if you rub it in all at once it will look less natural.

I bought my 50mL bottle at Nordstroms for $27, which I mean, for the amount is very reasonable.

Pros:
-the most skin-like foundation
-doesn't break you out
-build-able
-variety of shades

Cons:
-Won't cover big red pimples or very dark acne scars.

UPDATE 12/31/14: I was using l'Oreal true match superblendable concealer crayon on top of this, but I stopped using the concealer because it was breaking me out very badly.

on 12/8/2014 7:01:00 PM

If you're looking for a foundation with a lot of coverage then this is NOT for you. It's very sheer but buildable and gives you a natural glow. It evens out your skin nice and i really like it! It stays on very long but me with combinated skin has to set it on my T-zone. It's perfect for the summer as it's very light/thin on the skin.

on 12/3/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

The color was a great match for my skin. Think its because it is a very sheer coverage so it goes with a lot of skin tones. Application is great and has a lot of slip to it. However, i found that it took a very long time to dry. Way to long to make it usable. It was also kinda sticky. Not sure how it would hold up on the body and probably will have a transfer-on-to-clothes problem. I tried on the C2 and it was yellow enough for my yellow undertone but still had hints of pink to it.

on 12/2/2014 3:41:00 AM

I've always wanted to venture into MAC foundation territory but kept putting it off in favour of Chanel and Giorgio Armani. I finally decided to try F&B because GA LSF is just too expensive to use everyday for work (I like to reserve it for special occasions) and I was growing out of my Korean BB creams (they were driving my skin crazy!). I'm Asian with fair skin and a slightly pink undertone - I was colour matched to C1/C2 initally, then N1/N2 when I went home and came back the next day. The MUAs told me I'm a tricky one to match but that I could get away with any of those 4 shades. I ended up buying both C2 and N2. The formula for F&B is very sheer and lightweight, and leaves a beautiful natural finish. I apply it with my Sonia Kashuk flat top brush or MAC 190 then set it with loose powder because I don't like that sticky foundation feeling, but you can definitely go without it. The squeeze bottle looks a little cheap, but it's easy to use and unlike the testers at MAC, mine looks super clean. Overall, it's a lovely foundation that gives me that barely there look. Very happy. Will purchase again.