Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 10/31/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really pretty mauve colour, however I think this would look prettier on fairer skin to bring out the pink as it dries to a dark fleshy beige after a day or so. Sort of reminds me of OPI's Tickle My Francey. No hassles with consistency and applies smooth, took 2 coats for a solid look.

on 10/24/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty, very work appropriate and chic mauve. Definitely on trend because I would consider it a putty. I absolutely love this color. The polish itself is very easy to work with, I got complete coverage in 2 coats. One of my favorites from the fall collection!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this, a nice mauve, comes out darker than appears in the bottle. From Essie's fall 2011 collection.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this polish and wondered if I would really like it. I don't usually buy mauve-y nudish polishes and end up liking them, but I LOVE Lady Like. It's a beautiful creme that glides on with no dragging or streaking and was completely opaque in 2 coats. I could have honestly gotten away with one even. It makes my fingers look elegant and lovely. I'm NW20 coloring and it doesn't look strange against my skintone. It's definitely a winner and I'm hard to impress with the Essie formula. I would certainly purchase it again. It's a color that is "in" for fall and a color that will be something you can wear year round. A great addition to my collection.

on 10/12/2011 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is a really pretty nudish purple/pink for fall. It goes on smooth, wears well and the formula is perfect.

It's a little boring compared to some of the great fall/winter colors coming out, so that's why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. I just don't think it's a must-have and it didn't look great on me (I am NW30 in MAC for reference) so I wouldn't buy again. Doubt I will use this again either, as there are just too many other amazing colors out there;)

on 10/12/2011 11:43:00 AM

What a beautiful shade of dusty, muted greyed mauve! It's similar to OPI's Tickle my France-y, except that is it more opaque (I would describe TMF as a semi-sheer) and has a distinct mauve cast, while TMF is more muted pink. I have had application problems with Essie in the past - some of their polishes are really streaky - but Lady Like goes on beautifully, no streaks at all. This is a real winner!

on 10/10/2011 3:30:00 PM

what a purty mauve-y nude nail color! it doesn't look bright mauve on me like it does in the pics.

Essie polishes wear like iron and I only needed 2 coats.

How many coats do I want to use with a nailpolish before getting too frustrated? My first Essie polish, and four coats later, still some streaking. Blehhhh.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i was hesitant to buy this, as i have OPI's Dulce De Leche, but after finally cracking and buying Lady Like, i can see that this is by far different to the traditional pinky, beigish nude.

this is a creamy but dusky nude with taupe, pink and lilac infused together. the 3 colours mix together so perfectly and have just created such an interesting shade. i was worried before ordering this, that the lilac wouldn't be so obvious in person, but it really is.
the lilac and taupe give this nude that moody, interesting edge for colder months, but this also looks lovely in the sun because of the pinkiness.
don't miss out on this one! i literally own/have seen nothing like it.

on 9/28/2011 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I would've overlooked this color for sure had I not seen the positive reviews here on MUA. It's just not the normal color I would've picked. However, I'm so glad I did! Love this mauvey-nude shade on my fair skin. It's opaque in two coats, and it doesn't give me lobster claws. Such a fall-appropriate shade, and I'm super glad I picked it up!

Top Rated Essie Products