November 24, 2014 | 1954 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lady Like

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by lolliepopxstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought this polish and wondered if I would really like it. I don't usually buy mauve-y nudish polishes and end up liking them, but I LOVE Lady Like. It's a beautiful creme that glides on with no dragging or streaking and was completely opaque in 2 coats. I could have honestly gotten away with one even. It makes my fingers look elegant and lovely. I'm NW20 coloring and it doesn't look strange against my skintone. It's definitely a winner and I'm hard to impress with the Essie formula. I would certainly purchase it again. It's a color that is "in" for fall and a color that will be something you can wear year round. A great addition to my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really pretty nudish purple/pink for fall. It goes on smooth, wears well and the formula is perfect.

It's a little boring compared to some of the great fall/winter colors coming out, so that's why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. I just don't think it's a must-have and it didn't look great on me (I am NW30 in MAC for reference) so I wouldn't buy again. Doubt I will use this again either, as there are just too many other amazing colors out there;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

What a beautiful shade of dusty, muted greyed mauve! It's similar to OPI's Tickle my France-y, except that is it more opaque (I would describe TMF as a semi-sheer) and has a distinct mauve cast, while TMF is more muted pink. I have had application problems with Essie in the past - some of their polishes are really streaky - but Lady Like goes on beautifully, no streaks at all. This is a real winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

what a purty mauve-y nude nail color! it doesn't look bright mauve on me like it does in the pics.

Essie polishes wear like iron and I only needed 2 coats.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by summerlovingbumming

How many coats do I want to use with a nailpolish before getting too frustrated? My first Essie polish, and four coats later, still some streaking. Blehhhh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

i was hesitant to buy this, as i have OPI's Dulce De Leche, but after finally cracking and buying Lady Like, i can see that this is by far different to the traditional pinky, beigish nude.

this is a creamy but dusky nude with taupe, pink and lilac infused together. the 3 colours mix together so perfectly and have just created such an interesting shade. i was worried before ordering this, that the lilac wouldn't be so obvious in person, but it really is.
the lilac and taupe give this nude that moody, interesting edge for colder months, but this also looks lovely in the sun because of the pinkiness.
don't miss out on this one! i literally own/have seen nothing like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would've overlooked this color for sure had I not seen the positive reviews here on MUA. It's just not the normal color I would've picked. However, I'm so glad I did! Love this mauvey-nude shade on my fair skin. It's opaque in two coats, and it doesn't give me lobster claws. Such a fall-appropriate shade, and I'm super glad I picked it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by mualibertad

This is the current queen of 'work appropriate' in my nail polish collection. It really goes with almost everything. It goes on smooth and rich and is long lasting. I use it with China Glaze base coat and Seche Vite top coat. Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by songy67

This is a dusty mauve lilac that flatters my NC20 skin tone and makes my hands look elegant and polished (no pun intended). Usually with polishes in this color range (e.g. OPI's Tickle My Franc-ey) it takes 3 coats at minimum to get total opacity, but I am amazed that Lady Like is completely opaque in just two coats!! I'm going to hunt for a back-up of this immediately since it's limited edition. I love it. It's perfect for any occasion and just lovely to behold. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

Would I repurchase? YES YES YES! I absolutely LOVE Essie's Lady Like! Currently I'm trying to limit the number of nail polishes I buy, but this I could not resist. The colour seems to change depending on the lighting, sometimes looking like a dusty pink, sometimes looking more dusty taupe-y purple-y cream. This colour looks very sophisticated on the nails. Application is great, goes on smooth and only takes 2 coats to perfection and is not streaky at all. Staying power is excellent - I wore for several days before getting small chips. I would definitely repurchase, and I have a feeling Lady Like is going to end up being one of my favourites.