Essie Lady Like

4.6

This is the first time that I have used an Essie nail polish. I loved it! Application was very smooth and it dried very well. The colour reminded me of OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona which I also love. But Essie is giving it a run for its money.

A light, dusty, milky mauve. It almost looks nude on my fingertips. Despite the streak free 2 coats it took to reach opacity, the polish was a bit of a challenge, because I couldn't tell if the polish was showing up on my nail. This color would be perfect for Fall thru Spring seasons. And I would not hesitate to wear this to an interview or in a conservative enviroment. To make this polish edgier you could pep it up by layering shatter polish or with a bright and colorful french tip. While I do like the end result of this polish I wouldn't buy it again. I'd prefer to use a color that has a little more contrast with my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this color! I've just started getting into nail polish so I don't know too much about it, but this color is a winner. Two coats and I was set. It's a light dusty mauve. It's a nice and noticeable pastel, but it isn't harsh. If you have light skin, it'll look great and sophisticated. If you can still find this color, I would recommend you try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really pretty mauve colour, however I think this would look prettier on fairer skin to bring out the pink as it dries to a dark fleshy beige after a day or so. Sort of reminds me of OPI's Tickle My Francey. No hassles with consistency and applies smooth, took 2 coats for a solid look.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a pretty, very work appropriate and chic mauve. Definitely on trend because I would consider it a putty. I absolutely love this color. The polish itself is very easy to work with, I got complete coverage in 2 coats. One of my favorites from the fall collection!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this, a nice mauve, comes out darker than appears in the bottle. From Essie's fall 2011 collection.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this polish and wondered if I would really like it. I don't usually buy mauve-y nudish polishes and end up liking them, but I LOVE Lady Like. It's a beautiful creme that glides on with no dragging or streaking and was completely opaque in 2 coats. I could have honestly gotten away with one even. It makes my fingers look elegant and lovely. I'm NW20 coloring and it doesn't look strange against my skintone. It's definitely a winner and I'm hard to impress with the Essie formula. I would certainly purchase it again. It's a color that is "in" for fall and a color that will be something you can wear year round. A great addition to my collection.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is a really pretty nudish purple/pink for fall. It goes on smooth, wears well and the formula is perfect.

It's a little boring compared to some of the great fall/winter colors coming out, so that's why I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5. I just don't think it's a must-have and it didn't look great on me (I am NW30 in MAC for reference) so I wouldn't buy again. Doubt I will use this again either, as there are just too many other amazing colors out there;)

What a beautiful shade of dusty, muted greyed mauve! It's similar to OPI's Tickle my France-y, except that is it more opaque (I would describe TMF as a semi-sheer) and has a distinct mauve cast, while TMF is more muted pink. I have had application problems with Essie in the past - some of their polishes are really streaky - but Lady Like goes on beautifully, no streaks at all. This is a real winner!

what a purty mauve-y nude nail color! it doesn't look bright mauve on me like it does in the pics.

Essie polishes wear like iron and I only needed 2 coats.

Top Rated Essie Products