July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in love with Givenchy Mister Mat...... until I discovered this. Now I'm crazy over this. It has terrific staying power. My face stays matte for hours and hours. Even when I start to shine, I dont get that "oil slick" look.
It goes on really smooth and mattes down to a powdery finish. I wish it had SPF but since it doesn't, I use my sunblock prior to applying the Matt Touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

Super Expensive!!! But this is the only thing that I've found to control my super oily face. I worked out with makeup on and it stayed in place. Well once I hit the treadmill I started sweating but my face still looked okay. I don't use a moisturizer under this tho.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by evalien

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my very first primer. I thought primer was just another nonsense product for us make-up lovers to spend money on. Yet now I must admit I'm rather charmed by it. I was looking for something to diminish shine in the t-zone. This product is certainly helping with less shine and smoother looking skin. It's got a nice texture, is easy to apply and since i've been using it I've been surprised how little touch-ups I've needed over the day. Expensive but lovely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this primer on and off for the past year and have mixed feelings about the product. This light cream goes on smoothly and perfects the skin to a doll-like finish. It turns powedery once applied and it doesn't budge even when it's really hot/humid out. For me, a tiny dot applied to my T-zone will eliminate shine, however I do not prefer to use this on my cheeks as it makes blush/bronzer go on slightly uneven. As an alternative to powder this works great; you can still create a dewy look with this mattifyer. The smell is quite strong, if you're sensitive this might cause a problem. My main gripe with it is I forget to use it (making me wonder if I really need the product!) and when applied all over my face; a strange feeling of suffocation. It's like my skin can't breathe at all and it really bugs me. I guess that feeling comes with any silicone-based product (?)
Overall, this works fine, is very long-lasting and you only need a tiny dot so it's not entirely un-economical. I would probably buy again unless I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this on sale, even though I wasn't really sure whether I need it or not… :P Regarding similar products, I've only tried Clinique's Pore Minimizer, which I liked. But I think I prefer this YSL one. I don't use it everyday, since my skin isn't super-oily, and I prefer a bit more luminous look. But every now and then, when I'm going out, for example, I apply this under my foundation, for which it provides a lovely smooth canvas. Its oil-controlling abilities are adequate. Plus it smells divinely citrusy. I don't think I'll re-purchase though, because it's not something that I actually need... I don't see that much difference.

I'd never have thought that someday I'd be using a waterless moisturizer mostly comprising of silicones. But I got tube as part of the Dermalogica sensitized skin kit and have been hooked ever since. It's 10 ml (.30 oz) and I've been using it every morning for about a month now and there's still tons left. Seems to last for ages. It's just the perfect base for make-up and my skin stays lovely all day: my skin is moisturized and never seems to become oily. Will definitely purchase the full-size one.

UPDATE 03/2009: Ok, it seems that silicone-based products are yet another thing to add to my no-no-list. They are definitely clogging my pores and causing me painful cystic acne. My skin is feeling so much better now that I've been "off-cone" for a while. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by hellou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is probably the best primer I have ever used on my skin. I refuse to go out without slapping foundation on because I have quite a lot of acne scars. I use this after moisturising, and it gives a clean, matte look. Makeup glides on effortlessly over this and stays put all day. Before I started using this, I used to use MAC Blot powder to stop shine, but now, I find that using Blot powder over Matt Touch over-dries my skin. Now, I reserve Blot powder for special occasions like running a marathon and chasing rabbits.

The product comes in an slim white tube with a gold cap (reasonably heavy and not flimsy plastic) and gold lettering. The texture of Matt Touch is dry, almost powdery. I squeeze a small amount, warm it between my palms and press it on my face, paying attention to oily areas. The product is scented and has a pleasant, expensive-smelling fragrance. Highly recommended.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

A fantastic primer for those with oily skin. I bought this a while ago and forgot about it but I am forever having oily skin issues so I dug it out today. Usually by midday I am looking so shiny and have to use my trusty Blot Powder but today I remain (virtually) shine free! Hooray! You only need a small amount of product on problem areas, I apply it over my moisturiser. I will be using this every day now, especially in the summer months. In terms of a primer it seems like a good product, I don't wear huge amounts of foundation, I bought it more for the mattifying effect and it definitely works.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by pinchopeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i have an oily t zone and this is nice to control shine but it doesn't work well as a primer for foundation. i wouldn't buy this again because it's super expensive and smells great but doesn't keep my foundation in place. my hg for foundation primer is smashbox photo finish which controls oil AND keeps all my make up in place all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lilvalval

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

YEAH! i have found my HG oil-control primer!! I have tried MAC, Shiseido, Clarins, Smashbox...and probably more, but I can't remember. This by far beats them all!!! It is a bit higher in price than the others, but I'd rather pay $40 for something that works than $30 for something that doesn't! I go to work at 7am and am usually oily by 11...this keeps the oilies away until around 3pm and even then, its only a small amount of oil...doens't even fill up a whole blot paper. So, using YSL, I blot once around 3pm, then i'm good for the rest of evening. And if I forgot, or didn't have time, to blot, it wouldn't be a big deal b/c the YSL keeps the oilies to minimum. I'm currently experimenting to see if it works best under or over my shiseido sunscreen. I'll post and update when I figure out which method is best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 2:10:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

Is a really good primer for oily skin types. Does contain fragrance be careful with this if you are prone to blemishes. Keeps makeup looking fresh and your skin more matte looking throughout the day/night. Is a great primer mattifyer.