Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 5/8/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for several years. I buy it at the local military base for cheap. I only use this on the upper waterline to make lashes appear fuller. I always use Black Onyx. I used to use it on the upper/lower lids but found that the product would often break during application. The black onyx is pretty dark, but not as black as other liners out there. It goes on very smooth, and does not burn or sting esp in the waterline. I have found that over the years the black onyx color is sold out most of the time, so when I do find it, I buy at least two so I'm never without it. I have used the gray and brown ones, but unfortunately they do not even show up on me, and I am super pale. So for around five bucks, I will continue to repurchase.

I've been using these eyeliners for ages! I don't understand all the bad reviews, especially those that claim the eyeliner smudged or came off quickly. Mine lasts all day, and sometimes through the night if I'm out all night. I love that they're self-sharpening, and as I'm very impatient (and also have a very busy lifestyle), I like that they don't take long to apply.

on 4/26/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Bought this because I like the way it looked in the ad with Drew Barrymore lol. It actually works really well! I have never been able to pull off a smokey eye, I am really pale and it tends to look messy on me and too dark. The foam smudging end on this liner worked well to soften out the liner (even underneath my eyes where I am never comfortable wearing liner) and give a beautiful soft look. It did not smear all day and looked quite nice. Probably one of the best pencil liners I have ever used, love that I do not have to sharpen this either. Would repurchase.

on 4/13/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm really surprised about all the bad reviews! I got this in a combo pack that came with this eyeliner and a covergirl lashblast mascara. This eyeliner is very pigmented (I have the black one), and stays in place on my water line all day! I like it also cuz I don't have to sharpen it so its never to pointy to bring near my eye :) I dont realy use the smudger, but I did test it out once and this pencil smudges nicely and stays put once its dry. New HG eyeliner for sure!

on 4/2/2012 5:25:00 PM

These are just okay. They're great when you are in a rush, because they glide on easily on your lower and upper lash line. The problem is that they smudge like no other, especially on my upper lids. This can be fixed with a quick swipe of a Q-tip, but honestly there's better eyeliners out there for not much money. I like that they are dark and pigmented (I own dark onyx and expresso), but that just means more smudges. Since I've found better drug store liners (Try Physicians Formula Custom Enhancing Eyeliner Trio), I won't be repurchasing. Also, the lids tend to crack and break.

on 3/30/2012 6:50:00 PM

I constantly buy these. These are my absolute favorite for stick eyeliners. They blend well and the colors (I use brown and black) really pop. The only problem I've encountered is that they can smear in the outside corners as the day progresses (I just use a makeup remover wipe to correct this quickly). Also, if you apply it heavily on the top lash line, when you blink you'll get some on your lower lash line (so be careful when you apply). The only other issue is that they break easily so don't put them in your purse or makeup bag. I store mine in a cup. Other than that, they're fantastic! I highly recommend!

on 3/29/2012 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using these since I started wearing makeup, if I'm a rush and don't have time to use one of my elf cream eyeliners (that I LOVE, have a review on 'em!) I will grab one of these-I have one in black and another in brown-and quickly tightline my upper waterline and in between my lashes to make them look thicker :)

Because they are on my waterline they do transfer down onto my bottom waterline, but that's nothing a q-tip or a tissue can't fix!

They are very pigmented and creamy and I dont find I need to go over the same place over and over to get the intensity that I want :)

These are great, cheap, and easy! You don't need to sharpen them which is a huge plus for me! You can get these at most grocery stores for Pete's sake!

on 3/23/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in Black onyx (non waterproof) I love the smudger at the end of the pencil. Its very convenient.
It did stay on my lashline but it moved down to my lower lashline and created some kind of smokey smudgy look.
I prefer my liners to stay where I applied them all day. I wont repurchase this. But the smudger is great! I wish every pencil had one =)

on 2/26/2012 10:47:00 AM

I LOVE this eyeliner in black onyx. It's my everyday go to eyeliner. I've tried so many other eyeliners ranging from cheap to really expensive. This one is cheap and it works the best for me. It glides on and there is no irritation on my eyes. And the black actually shows up as dark black so it's perfect for me. They have the Queen collection which makes it waterproof and it's just as amazing, but even better.

on 2/21/2012 10:05:00 PM

I love this eyeliner because it's self sharpening. It is a VERY soft liner, almost like warm candle wax, so it does smudge easily. If you're using this in place of a liquid eyeliner, like you want a sharp precise line, this isn't for you. I use this for a soft look which is why it's perfect for me. My only complaint is the cap for the smudger always comes off and I have to hunt it down in my makeup bag, but no biggie.