September 2, 2014 | 1242 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, I did like this, but the reason for not giving it 5 lippies is because it takes kinda long to be absorbed, Yea... like 15 minutes. The smell is light, earthly and refreshing, does its job and moisturises, but I like coconut better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

this is the BEST Body Butter! i love the fresh scent. i love how it keeps my skin so soft and silky. DH cant stop commenting about how my skin changed. i use this almost everyday. my favorite from TBS and my second favorite is the shea body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 7:29:00 AM More reviews by hkgrl71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. I use other creams as well, but I've always come back to this. It's light, moisturising, and has a fresh, non-overwhelming smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This is one of the best Body Shop body butters in terms of moisturising ability. It moisturises so well-I actually use it as a hand cream before I go to bed and it helps my nails grow longer and stronger. The scent isn't the greatest and doesn't compare to the other delicious scents in the body butter line but the moisturising pay off makes it worth it.

It's quite expensive in NZ (NZ$30) but well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The Body Shop's body butters are on the heavy side, and I usually use them in the winter or around my heels/knees/elbows, and they're nice enough. The reason for a 4, not a 5, though, is that it tends to leave an oily sheen on the skin. Also, the plastic packaging cracked when I dropped it--not to mention dapping your finger in these things become a nightmare after a while, and you just try to not look at the dust and various unidentifiable things stuck in the butter.
The smell is nice though, on a good note.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bgirldskco

I like the earth-clean smell after I returned Satsuma cuz it was too strong and made my dog and I sneeze. Then I got Shea butter and my bf thought it smelled masculine cuz it was musky. So I got this one since it was light and wasn't overwhelming. The formula is for normal/dry skin so it's lighter than the other formulas, which personally I like more. I like feeling kinda greasy cuz then I know it'd last forever, but this is nice and I'm sure when it gets hotter, I'll appreciate the texture more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop Olive Body Butter is so pretty to use! I really adore the fresh, clean scent - natural and 'earthy'. I love to smooth on a bit of this after a shower to lock in moisture and leave my skin lightly scented and oh so soft. I don't mind spending a bit more money on The Body Shop Body Butters, as they are simply gorgeous and I can't get enough! This olive one is especially good for autumn and spring & occasionally in winter - it is very moisturising; so not that great for summer. Even though it is so nourishing, it still doesn't leave my skin greasy and oily, it sinks in immediately, leaving my skin baby smooth

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

Mmmmmm, I love using this right when getting out of the shower. Goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. I love the scent. I can't get enough of it. It's a tiny bit greasy just for a short time. It leaves my knees and elbows looking terrific. I love it. I buy this one over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I've finished 2 tubs of this body butter, using it both during winter and summer, and in humid Southeast Asian weather, and have never really found it too greasy, but that's perhaps because I only use it at night. I love the smell, it's not as overpowering as the other body butters, and it lasts for quite some time...I can usually smell it when I wake up the next day, and my skin is always heavenly soft. Writing this review reminds me to go pick up another one tomorrow, since I've been straying a little lately, but nothing I've tried has trumped this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is an excellent product geared to extra dry skin. Scent is not offensive like the Wal Mart knockoffs. I would use this in winter, however, would consider it too heavy for summer. One lippie off for the high price, $23.00 in Canada.