December 21, 2014 | 1034 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by minkin

This is my must-use body moisturizer in the winter! I've been using this stuff for the past three years when the weather turns cold and it has kept my skin smooth and void of any rough patches. I've used the mango body butter before but I found that to be a little too greasy, and while it smelled good, the scent lingered for quite some time. The olive one is light enough not to interfere with my perfume, but still smells good enough alone. It's $20, but one lasts for quite some time. I just started my second tub this season. :)

Took off one lippie for the packaging and the fact that it takes a little longer than other lotions to get absorbed into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sassycherz

This is one of my 2 favourites in the TBS Body Butter range, the other being the passionfruit scented one.

I have very dry skin, the looks flaky and slightly scaly if I do not moisturise. I love this thick body butter esp. during cold winter days! (IMO, this is the most moisturising out of the 3 I've tried- the other 2 being Passionfruit and Strawberry). As the other reviewers have mentioned, this body butter takes awhile to absorb into the skin, about 15-20 minutes but I'm fine with that as I normally just slather this on after shower and before bed. This routine leaves me with silky smooth skin the next morning that lasts all day. I find that if I used too much of this product, it does tend to feel sticky and sorta sit on my skin. I believe the key is to use less, as the consistency of the product is thick and a little bit goes a long way.

And scent wise, you'll either love or hate it (I love it!). I find myself reaching for this over the passionfruit scented one esp when I'll be using other scented products like perfume because the clean, fresh olive scent does not clash with the other scents.

My only major gripe about this product is the fact that I tend to get product under my fingernails when I dip my fingers in to get the body butter out. but I suppose, I can't see any other packaging working because of the thick consistency of the body butter.

Note: One full-sized tub lasts my 3+ months will daily usage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This body butter is very moisturizing, but it takes a long time to absorb. (Not going anywhere....?) The smell isn't the best, but what did I expect? It is olive. Also, I do not like dipping my fingers in it because it gets trapped under my fingernails. Since this was a gift I liked it, but I would not purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Legs11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like plants and you will either love it or hate. I'm okay with it. It feels very refreshing but takes a while to sink in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes, I did like this, but the reason for not giving it 5 lippies is because it takes kinda long to be absorbed, Yea... like 15 minutes. The smell is light, earthly and refreshing, does its job and moisturises, but I like coconut better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

this is the BEST Body Butter! i love the fresh scent. i love how it keeps my skin so soft and silky. DH cant stop commenting about how my skin changed. i use this almost everyday. my favorite from TBS and my second favorite is the shea body butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 7:29:00 AM More reviews by hkgrl71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. I use other creams as well, but I've always come back to this. It's light, moisturising, and has a fresh, non-overwhelming smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SophH

This is one of the best Body Shop body butters in terms of moisturising ability. It moisturises so well-I actually use it as a hand cream before I go to bed and it helps my nails grow longer and stronger. The scent isn't the greatest and doesn't compare to the other delicious scents in the body butter line but the moisturising pay off makes it worth it.

It's quite expensive in NZ (NZ$30) but well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by verasilyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The Body Shop's body butters are on the heavy side, and I usually use them in the winter or around my heels/knees/elbows, and they're nice enough. The reason for a 4, not a 5, though, is that it tends to leave an oily sheen on the skin. Also, the plastic packaging cracked when I dropped it--not to mention dapping your finger in these things become a nightmare after a while, and you just try to not look at the dust and various unidentifiable things stuck in the butter.
The smell is nice though, on a good note.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by bgirldskco

I like the earth-clean smell after I returned Satsuma cuz it was too strong and made my dog and I sneeze. Then I got Shea butter and my bf thought it smelled masculine cuz it was musky. So I got this one since it was light and wasn't overwhelming. The formula is for normal/dry skin so it's lighter than the other formulas, which personally I like more. I like feeling kinda greasy cuz then I know it'd last forever, but this is nice and I'm sure when it gets hotter, I'll appreciate the texture more.