April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kemxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation that I have ever tried.
I like the creamy gel like consistency that it has, it isn't the fullest coverage but it has coverage that is enough for my skin. I unfortunately have pretty dry flaky skin and this doesn't emphasize it or dry it even more like most do. It is very comfortable to wear. The staying power is pretty average, not impossible to get off but it doesn't wear off right away either. One thing that i'm not so struck on is the shimmery aspect of it, but when its on its not the most noticeable, but i would like it better if it was flat. I like the squeeze tube packaging, its easy and clean to use.
I'm definitely going to be using this foundation for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by lovemyeddie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great foundation that comes in a handy plastic, easy to travel with, hygienic tube. I have fairly dry skin in the winter and this stuff leaves my face looking great - very fresh and dewy but not oily. I top it off with some Estee Lauder ReNutriv loose powder and I am good to go for the day. Stays on! I don't get the comments about the sparkles; I don't see them; I have checked my makeup when I am outside and in the car several times and I simply don't see any sparkles and neither does my Hubby! Super cheap at $23 or $24 a tube. Definitely worth a shot. You can always return it if you don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by yhpark0706

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

honestly it's a really nice foundation. enough coverage for my skin (which doesn't need much coverage) and nice finish.
but the only problem is it's glitter/sparkles!!! it's just too noticeable, I can't even hide it by using a powder. this is the only reason why I'm not going to repurchase this... it sucks because I wouldve really like this foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found my HG color in Bisque, but I don't see it on the Clinique website now. Too bad, because I am a hard match, and this was terrific. My skin has cool undertones but sallow overtones, which is tricky. The worst mistake I make is to accidentally buy warm-colored foundations because they turn fake orange or sickly yellow on my face. The trick is to find a neutral base with just enough pink to push the foundation toward the color of my cheeks. Bisque was just right. It made my skin clear and glowing. Women with Mediterranean skin who look better in ash brown hair than gold or red hair and blue-red rather than yellow-red look great in this color.
My only complaints were these: Supermoisture Makeup has those obnoxious, opalescent mineral particles that are so popular now. I don't like sparkles on my face. Also, this makeup is difficult to remove. It requires makeup remover and pads. I prefer an easy soap-up in the shower followed by light moisterizer.

Optimally, I would love this color without the sparkes in a sheer, easy-to-remove base.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by AutBot3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have normal/dry skin and this works pretty good for me! I would buy it again, decent price. medium coverage.buildable.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rani003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As someone mentioned below, I also feel I have to write a review because the ratings for this Clinique foundation are too low!

Firstly, I have dry combination skin in the summer and in the winter, I have extremely uncomfortably dry skin. I have tried alot of foundations for winter wear and nothing feels as good as Clinique supermoisture foundation. This foundation almost has a gel-like texture to it...similar to MAC studio sculpt, but it is alot more comfortable than any MAC foundations. The foundation is meant to moisture your skin throughout the day and I have to say how impressed I am. It really does work!

It covers beautifully...a tip though is to apply it with your fingers - like you would do with a moisturiser. This is because the texture of it is not very fluid and it feels more comfortable on your skin if you press it into your skin.

It has a sheer-moderate coverage...depending on how much you build it up and it comes in a squeezy tube which helps with the application I guess.

I dont agree with the reviews that there is glitter in the foundation! There is absolutely no way on earth there is glitter in it. I would describe it as subtle shimmer to give a dewy finish, and it does achieve that, but it is definitely not unbearable or obvious. When I wear it, my skin feels comfortable and looks even and radiant.

Bearing that in mind, I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin. In the summer i have quite an oily t-zone and this foundation slides off, but for the winter season...Clinique Supermoisture is definitely my staple foundation! :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by emodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found a perfect shade for my very light skin, it is 02 #Linen, it looks extremely natural on me, even outside in natural light. You know, they all look very nice in the stores, but not in natural light on the street. So this one is the most natural looking I ever used, under any lights!!! I have pretty dry skin and this doesn`t dry it out, not when you apply it, and not hours after. I can hardly see that it is on my face, and that is what I wanted. Just sheer coverage to give a little bit of smooth effect. Oh, and the glitter in it, if I lie against the mirror, I can see them, but otherwise I can`t see them at all. People mentioned you can see them more in the sun, I don`t know that yet, but so far this looked amazingly natural and un-noticeble on the street, at home, in the restaurant, etc. Great product for my dry skin, never dries it out, not at application, not hours after...:-) Huge color selection too.. For me it is on the cheaper side for the $20-something... :-)))

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by geckowoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this product when I used it around my eyes because it stayed moist and didn't dry out the sensitive skin. The problem is, it makes you look like a disco ball! It has a ton of shimmer in it and it's very, very fine, so you might not see it right away, but trust me, it's there. I will never use it again. If it didn't have the shimmer, it would be a keeper. It goes on smoothly and looks pretty good, except for the shimmer. No matter how much powder I put over it, my face would just shine and not in a good way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like the dewy finish of this foundation. However it is not very smooth to apply. At first I applied it in blending motion and it was kind of streaky and didn't blend in. Then I found out that if I apply it in pressing motion (i.e. no rubbing), the result would be much better.

I usually mix the foundation with Fancl sunscreen to achieve a sheerer and more natural coverage. Using it alone will give you a medium coverage. The shimmers in the foundation are actually very fine. They don't make me look like a disco ball at all but simply brighten up my complexion.It's not particularly hydrating, but definately not drying.

Overal it's a decent foundation. But I'm sure there are better ones out there with similar prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lamarta

It's a long time without writing a review, but after trying this foundation and reading some bad reviews I feel like I have to...

This foundation is really great for people with normal, slightly to very dry skin, that wants sheer (but buildable) coverage, wants to even out the skin tone, doesn't expect from it to correct obvious blemishes, and looks for a dewy (not matte at all!) finish. If you are one of these women this is your foundation, otherwise don't even think about buying it or you'll regret it and complain that it's too oily etc...

About the shimmer, to be honest I almost don't notice it, I saw it a bit when I tried it on my hand but not on the face, and in any case it just makes my skin look nice, natural and healthy.

One foundation you can compare it with is the BB Skin Foundation, but I find the Clinique one more moisturizing, longlasting and cheaper, so I'm gonna stick with this one!

And again, if you have slightly olily skin don't even think about it, it's really not for you! Hope it helps :)