August 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - eau de toilette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

The only reason I say I wouldn't buy this again is that it's very rare for me to love a fragrance enough that I could go through a FB, and then still want more. I've got a huge bottle of the EDT, so I think I'm set on this one!

I don't know what "honey flower" is, but the floral notes in Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT smell to me like a mixture between honeysuckle and orange blossom. These sweet and warm nectar-like florals smell more lush and gorgeous than really "flowery" and I don't primarily think of For Her as a floral fragrance. Under the nectar top notes the heart of this fragrance is an amber-musk. There are a number of amber fragrances that I'm deeply in love with, but which really need to be reserved only for evenings, or winter - For Her is an amber that's wearable even in warmer weather and during the day. It's not heavy or dark, but it is enveloping, and smooth. The fragrance has a creamyness that's hard to beat, and all of its moments, from the lush top notes, to the decadent middle notes, and down to the lightly woody amber base are a joy.
I have noticed that this fragrance smells better on some people than others, and I almost went off of it when decanting some into a purse-spray ... it wasn't until I put it on my skin again that I remembered why I loved it so much. So try before you buy, ... but this one's a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG, I love the EDT!!! I think I have finally found a HG perfume for me!

You can definitely smell the musk in this, but there is also something sweet...no one has yet commented on my scent when I wear this but, personally, I think I smell delicious! ;o)

This is a warm, sexy scent to my nose and I find that it smells pretty much the same from beginning to end once you put it on.

I get bored of fragrances and love trying new ones so I always buy the smallest bottles possible, but this is the first fragrance ever for which I've purchased the large size bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

True Confessions: I had talked badly about Narciso Rodriguez (NR) EDT because my first impression of it was a total let down. You see, NR was proported to have Egyptian Musk "at the heart of it", so when I first tried it, I desperately wanted to like this scent, given my adoration of Egyptian musk. However, I could not "find" the Egyptian Musk at first and became bitterly disappointed. Further, it resembled Glade Powder Fresh air freshener on me -- at first. Well, a dear friend gave me a bottle of NR EDT for Christmas, and I just smiled very sweetly, really appreciating the thought behind the gift. On the way home, I decided to give it another test drive, and man, oh man, it really "spoke to me" (I really liked what I smelled.) I'm amazed that it went from "zero" to "hero" in just one year, and I can not really explain that. I will say, I like the EDT slightly better than the EDP, and that is highly usual for me. (I usually go for EDPs, given the strength.) HOWEVER, as you are probably aware the NR EDT and the NR EDP are two almost totally different scents, with two different compositions... Anyway, I'm a fan of NR EDT now, and have welcomed the big bottle given to me by my friend into my perfume collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 4:04:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG.This is absolutely gorgeous. I now can safely say this is my signiture perfume. This is sooooo divne. Its sexy, musky, slightly sweet, deep and evocative. This is the perfect send for a young woman or your mother. I cant aliken to smell to any other perfume. This borders on perfect. I cant honestly pick out a fragrance.
But it it floral and very slighly woody. It is simply devine.
It is this intriguing scent that combines exotic Egyptian musk with delicate honey flower and radiant amber.
Beautiful orignal black bottle and makes it memeorable. There is the perfume in the pink bottle and I cant wait to smell that and buy that also.
High end in price but that keeps it out of reach for a large number of people which suits me fine as I want to be a minority in wearing this scent and kepp it as my little secret.
Simple bottle that is old fashioned and masculine. Lovely Jubly.
It is something I will make everyone repurchase for me... Please go out and buy. In fact dont bother it is a secret I wish I had not shared.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite perfumes, together with Armani Code, DK Cashmere Mist, Gucci Envy and Jean Paul Gaulthier Classique. On me, it is a musky, white floral with no particular sweetness to it, which makes it stand out in the world of blah vanilla-y, fruity scents. I really like the way it develops on my skin, and it has excellent sillage. I can see the similarity to SJP's Lovely, but this is more interesting, darker and more three-dimensional than that one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 9:30:00 AM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

a friend of mine has been wearing this for a few years and i love it on her so one day i tried it my self--and it smells great on me, too! i cant stop smelling myself! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
It IS a bit pricey but i really fel it is worth it. it makes me feel like a million bucks!
the bottle is pretty (EDT) and i just feel beautiful wearing it--like the mature nyc professional that I am! Oh, we're both in out mid-twenties--my friend who wears it, and myself.
It is feminine but not powdery, not too strong or old ladyish at all--very beautiful. nice staying power. i've gotten quite a few compliments form guys who've said "wow you smell nice" and the like.
other scents i like: chance by chanel and very irresistible by givenchy
this is NOT like other musk scents--try it yourself!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No