August 22, 2014 | 1720 users online

Skincare - Body - Vaseline - Vitalizing Gel Body Oil, With Brazillian Nut and Almond Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by wheat_thin636

I love body oils, and have tried one by Bath and Body Works and two by Nars, but this is the best so far, aside from pure oils from the islands. It's just kind of strange that it's called cocoa butter body oil, but it doesn't have any cocoa butter in it. oh well, it works well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

B-. this didnt seem to sink in at all, which is odd b/c my dry skin sucks up every little bit of moisture it can. i felt like i was coverd in slime when using this, so i too am limited to using this only at bed time and only on my very dry feet....in the morning my feet still feel slimey gross....but they are pretty soft.
smells yummy. i woulnd not purchase this again, just because its too messy for me. if they come out with a lighter formula, i will gladly try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by klove1

I love this gel! It has a great scent and I love the feel it leaves on my skin and the shine. My arms and legs look fab. in my dresses. lol. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by soniawonia

This smells INCREDIBLEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Very exotic. Whenever I put it on it makes my tan skin look like ive been at the beach all day when i;ve been at home writting reviews all day haha! Use very very little thats all you need. I also use it for shaving sometimes. Oh yeah, this one time I used a wax from Nair that riped off a huge layer of my skin and it was very noticible (duh) my skin has never been red before and this time it was. Bright too. But I applied a little of this morning and night and it greatly reduced the redness and theres no scarring thankfully. I owe it all to this awesome gel, oil, thinggy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by icarriedawatermelon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I love the smell of this product, it has 2 major negatives for me.
1) the frigging container leaks ALL THE TIME 2) the oil never is completely absorbed - so Im limited to using it at bedtime. The leaking really bugs me, so I dont think I will repurchase this product unless the packaging changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by hiddenasianda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this about 3 months ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It glides on so smoothly... it's more of a light gel like substance as opposed to an oil which is runny. This stuff literally makes my dry skin look like a million bucks. Smells so nice too, not overpowering sugary but subtle sweet. Again another awesome product from Vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by onetwothree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very much looking forward to trying this product. I need the moisture in the dry pacific northwest. I like the size of the package but the cap allows it to leak a bit. I suppose that's the nature of the product though. The scent is fantastic, doesn't change over time or contact with my skin, and is not overpowering. I tried applying it after patting dry after a shower, but it barely absorbed. I tried again, applying it while my skin was still wet after a shower. It blended nicely with the water and spread much easier, but it still didn't absorb as well as I had expected. It sat on top of my skin and my pants stuck to my legs a bit when I walked. Not comfortable. I had higher hopes, but I'll see how it goes and use up the rest of the bottle.

I did love it on my hands though. I had been using Bag Balm after washing my hands and heavily before bed, but this stuff does a fabulous job for that. I may just reserve it for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for super dry skin. A bit too greasy for daytime use but I use it at night after a bath and let it absorb into my skin a bit before getting into bed. I wake up with super moisturized skin. Love the gel consistency and the smell is yummy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2007 10:23:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Vaseline's "Cocoa butter vitalizing gel body oil with brazilian nut and almond oil" is, according to the ingredient list, mostly comprised of mineral oil. There are 2 other oils in this product, listed under a copolymer ingredient. I paid $7 for this 6.8 fl oz bottle at CVS.

When it comes to performance, this never quite sinks into my skin, whether applied on damp skin or dry. For example, I applied it this evening while still damp out of the shower. Half an hour later, my skin is still sticky, though slightly less than it was initially, and some of the oil is rubbing off my wrists onto my laptop as I type this--and I used a small amount, a pea-sized dot as recommended by the first reviewer below. So while I am not as sticky as I was, the oil is rubbing off on things a little. The gel oil itself is very thick, and takes more effort than lotion to rub in and spread around. There is definitely a soft barrier between my skin and my t-shirt/sweatpant bedtime outfit; I can actually feel the barrier. My skin often feels itchy in the evening and with this gel oil there is absolutely no itch or even feeling of fabric at all--I cant even feel the slight coarseness of my t-shirt. Very strange, but in a really good way.

As a nice bonus, this smells very good. It is a nutty, semi-suntan coconutty lotion smell, similar to the nut-based body butters at the Body Shop. It reminds me of Hawaii, actually, which is interesting because I think this would be a superior summertime product, for salt and sun-dried skin, or for an attractive sheen on the skin.

INGREDIENTS: mineral oil, hydrogenated styrene/butadiene copolymer, brazil nut oil, sweet almond oil, fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

MMmmmmm, I really do love this gel oil. It is very rich and sort of heavy. I put it on right after the shower and it takes about 5 or 10 minutes to soak in, and then I have really smooth soft skin. The smell is delicious, but I've always been a big fan of cocoa butter. If you don't like that, you won't like this. It doesn't last very long- I'd have to layer with other products from this line to get that smell to last.

I'm not too in love with the packaging- it's just a flip top and can get greasy, but it doesn't interfere with the gel's quality enough to adjust my rating. I will absolutely buy this again. I might start now- it was really hard to find!

I don't tan, but I imagine if you have a tan this would add a whole new dimension to your skin.