C.O. Bigelow Lemon Lip Cream

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

First of all, YUMMM! I'm a sucker for lemon-flavoured things, and could not resist the bright yellow packaging. I bought a tube today at a Bath & Body Works sale. I was immediately drawn to it -- it tastes good like the lemon cake I love, smells fresh, and is packaged quite beautifully. I love love love it so far, but I'm saving it for the winter. The only drawback I can see about it is that for $7.50 a tube, it was quite expensive, seeing that it contains very little. However I did buy it at a sale, so I got one tube free for the other two I bought. :)

on 6/14/2009 5:41:00 PM

I simply love this lemon lip cream! I just discover this line of products recently - wish that I discovered the lemon lip cream earlier. The mentha versions are too strong for my lips. I have also tried the lemon + pomegranate one but did not like that one.

on 5/23/2009 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not a big lipstick or gloss girl, but when it comes to lip balms I am unabashedly obsessed and always on the hunt for a new tube. My lovely niece Erin introduced me to C.O. Bigelow's Lemon Lip Cream a couple of years ago, and it's one I always come back to.

A favorite for a number of reasons - it's super-emollient (made with 2% lemon oil), has a great glide, and happily reminds me of my hero Liz Lemon. In addition to the fabulous scent and taste (my husband doesn't complain when I kiss him with it on), the texture is rich and it really saturates dry lips. The finish is glossy in a grown-up-subtle-non-Kissing Slicks kind of way. At a little over $7 a tube it's certainly pricier than a stick of Chapstick, but Bath & Bodyworks often has it one sale. And even full price it's still about $15 less than Fresh's similar Sugar Lip Treatment. It's also not tested on any of our furry friends. Bravo.

on 5/23/2009 12:14:00 AM

Love this! It is moisturizing and smells great! I am a total sucker for lemon scented/smell products. Plan to purchase again

on 5/17/2009 8:28:00 PM

I got this on sell for 5 bucks at bath and bodies. it's usually $7.50 i think and it's a bit too pricey but i wouldn't mind buying another one hehe. it has a nice lemon scent to it and it gets the job done. it just a little creamy but that's okay. it's one of my fave lip products. i carry mine wherever ever it goes. makes my lips really soft and glossy.

on 5/3/2009 8:52:00 PM

I loooveee this. I got it during one of the many Bath & Body Works sales and it not only works well, but smells delicious! The only problem I have with it is that it leaves a bitter taste if I like my lips with it on.

on 5/3/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Leaves my lips very silky soft and smells/tastes like lemon meringue pie. I could not believe I waited so long to buy this. For 7.50, it is a bit pricey for a lipgloss, but so worth it. Doesn't have any strange chemicals and layers nicely under lipstick. The yellow tube is adorable and easy to throw in my bag. A must for lipgloss addicts.

on 4/21/2009 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This works better than my Burts Bees! I have very very dry, always chapped lips, and I've been using this for the past couple weeks and my lips have not been flaky or chapped AT ALL. This is definitely an HG product!

on 4/13/2009 10:04:00 PM

Great lip balm! Smells fantastic and really keeps my lips soft and smooth for hours (even in harsh Chicago weather). Thumbs up!

on 3/21/2009 11:57:00 PM

My Holy Grail Product!

It is very moisturizing and softening to my lips. It gives a nice subtle sheen.... not a high shine. More sheen than the average lip balm, but less than a lip gloss. Perfection.

I think what I really love about this is it's subtle. It really just makes my lips look full and soft and HEALTHY.

Second, the smell and TASTE is fabulous! It's hard to stop myself from licking my lips. It's a dead-ringer for the Lemon Cello Cream Torte Cake from Cheesecake Factory. So it's not a strong lemon flavor, it's a sweet and subtle lemon cream flavor. Delicious.

Top Rated Lip Treatments