April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by animecute

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this daily and I am on my second bottle of this. =)
I have hormonal monthly breakouts, but when I was younger this was a great cleanser too.

I found that it didn't work right away. It took about a week before I could actually see results. I used to have oily skin but not anymore. I'm not sure if it's related to this product at all or because I'm getting older now haha

Pro:
-Gentle
-Non-drying
-So cheap omg!

Con:
-if you have very very oily skin you will need something else on top of this **
-does not take off makeup

Note: I found this only prevents further breakouts.
**The Shiseido Pureness cleanser worked great when I had very oily skin

This was somewhat hard for me to find. I've seen this at Superstore and occasionally at Shoppers Drugs Mart and Walmart.
Also the lotion that goes with this the best I've tried even against some high-end brands if you have combo skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by heist7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would have to say that this cleanser is only "so-so." I'm a teen. A couple of years ago, my doctor recommended this as a cleanser for my light acne (which are really just some small bumps). I tried this but there are some issues I've had with it. The first is that, though my face looks very clean and bright after, I found that it didn't help my breakouts much. Also, my face was very oily on the T-Zone. Another thing that I just couldn't get over was the smell. It smelled so much of alcohal! I think the problem is that it's way too gentle. I have combination skin, but for all of you who have sensitive skin, it's probably a product to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lacrvane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This cleanser doesn't really do much. It's very gentle but it doesn't clean off makeup or help blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for problem prone skin, but for those who wear makeup or sunscreen that needs removing, it is far to gentle to do anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by anniecoola

This cleanser is great -- I have finicky, dry/combination skin that breaks out when I use most kinds of soap cleansers. This product has absolutely improved my skin. Once or twice a week I use it with a wash cloth for a better scrub, otherwise just massage it around and rinse.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing the great reviews on this product, I thought I'd try it out. My skin breaks out mainly during that time of month, but I wanted to get a new cleanser that would be gentle on my skin. After using this product for the past two weeks, I've been breaking out in blemishes ALL over my face. They are not red, but I have tiny bumps every where! I have no idea why this has been happening, and the only change I've made in my skin care routine has been using this cleanser. On days I have not used this cleanser, my skin started to clear up. But again I used it today and my skin broke out even more. I am SO disappointed and really upset, because I bought two big bottles of this stuff! I only used this cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic, so it wasn't that it left makeup residue on my face. Maybe this cleanser is just too gentle to clean regular oil build up during the night. I don't recommend this. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dahlia4

I've been using this product for six years already, and will definitely continue to! I'm going to say right now that while it hasn't eliminated my acne it's helped, but it is the best facial cleanser i've tried (tried cetaphil, natural cleansers, noxzema, among others). it has very little smell, and i personally prefer the jel consistency. it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean without any drying effects. a plus is the large container it comes in, which lasts several months and is worth the $15 or so you pay for it. the only downside is that when it starts running low the pump doesn't work and you need to tip it upside down, sometime making it difficult to get the last few bits out.

i would highly recommend this to anyone out there looking for a gentle and efficient cleanser. just rely on toner/spot treatment for targeting acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how gentle this cleanser is but it doesn't really clean my face as much as I wanted it to so I need to remove makeup and roughly clean my face before using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by srmakeupalley

I love this cleanser!! Before using this I kept trying different face washes hoping to finally find something that would work on my skin. This cleanser is the one I've found that finally works! It was recommended to me by my dermatologist so I took home the samples to try. I have been using it ever since (for about 4 or so years).I love the gel texture of it. It helps me maintain my skin's condition and it doesn't make me break out. I also love that it is so inexpensive..you get a lot of product for a low price. I won't use any other cleanser on my face! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ebonyamberjade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My holy grail cleanser. I simply love this product. I have very sensitive temperamental skin and it is SOOOO difficult to find a cleanser that doesn't cause me problems. I googled "cleansers for sensitive skin" and I was lucky enough to come across a site that recommended this product.

I order from well.ca and I get the large 500mL bottle. Yes the shipping is expensive if you live outside Canada, but it is totally worth it.

As with every any cleanser that is not oil based, I would not recommend this as a makeup remover. However that is simply my preference, since I have skin that clings to makeup and I always need an oil based product to coax it off. But I am sure there are many people who can use this to take off their makeup and it works just fine on its own.

As a basic everyday cleanser, this is the best I have found so far!