The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Awesome micro exfoliator. Honestly, i don't know how anyone can go back to big, scratchy granual type exfoliatiors after using micro-dermabrasion type products. Let me first declare that i have always been completely mentally allergic to any cosmetic that sounds high-tech, anti-aging or affiliated with cosmetic surgery, does anyone else read the words "micro-dermabrasion" and shudder? I got on to this product by accident after a friend urged me to try Mary Kay's version of this (sorry i forgot the name) which is also great. I'm heading towards 30 and find that my skin is getting more and more touchy, i find if i have a pimple and squeeze it my face is much more prone to scarring than it ever was. If i use a harsh exfoliator i'm always afraid of disturbing my skin too much and exacerbating the problem. This product is fantastic, it gets rid of all the flakies but the micro-granules seem to softly "polish" my skin rather pull and scratch. If you haven't tried a product like this before this one is a good place to start and the orange fragrance is lovely especially in the morning. Also, don't be put off by the small tube as it is very concentrated, in fact i usually mix it with whatevever cleanser i'm using to speed things up. Will buy again and again and again!!

I really really really wanted to luv this scub. First off the exfoliating particles(or whatever they're called) are way too small to really exfoliate your skin. When you use a good scrub, afterwards your skin should be smooth and soft, not with this. It works the same way a cleanser does in my case and you could buy a better scrub at a cheaper price(was $25+tax).

A bit steep for a facial scrub but my HG scrub anyway. I love how the constituency is so smooth and gentle for a scrub yet does its work so efficiently. Love how it leaves face feeling so clean, smooth and radiant.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing. I've been deciding whether or not to buy it for quite a while because of it's price, but honestly it leaves your skin feeling amazing! I've only used it once, so I can't say that it made my milia disappear (yet) but I can safely say that it has made it smoother and my cheeks are so soft and rosy!
29/04/09
After using this for a while, I discovered that it is very good for opening up pores. After I scrub my face with this in the shower, I follow up by using a cleansing foam and my pores are squeaky clean! As for the milia I have - I think a small amount has disappeared but I'm not quite certain yet as I haven't been using this every day.

Love love love it! I love the gentle exfoliating granuels, the little orange beeds and the fresh citrus smell. Most of all I love the way my skin feels after i use it; soft, smooth and cool (as in cold). After a few washes with this product, even my nose began to feel smoother as it took affect on the open pores and black heads. Whilst this product did not completely get rid of my pimples (which i didnt expect it to), i havent had a massive breakout since using it and it keeps my blemishes to a minimum. Unlike most other facial scrubs, the exfoliating beeds and granuels in this product are so fine that you can use it daily - or more, like me! USE IT!

P.S - Its great to wake you up with the zingy citrus scent in the shower every morning.

I bought this scrub during buy the Vit C capsule at SGD 29.90 and get 25% off any Vit C skincare.

It is lovely facial scrub with fine particles and quite gentle on skin. I love the Vit C smell. It is not drying at all, skin glow after using this scrub. The SA suggested to use the Vit C capsule after using this scrub to maximise the Vit C effect. I would rather use the Vit C capsule on days that I am not using the scrub, cos the capsule maybe too much for "scrubbed" skin.

I only give a 4 cos the price is consider high for 75ml product. Good time to buy is during promotions.

16-Sep-09: I am adding another lippies to this product. This really helps to brighten up skin. I used it 2x per week. This and my Nuxe AHA cream are the only facial treatment that I use, cos now I am pregnant, too tired to do any more mask. These 2 babies help me to maintain my skin. I am happy person:) :)
I am so loving TBS stuff:)

28-Jan-2011
I am still with my current tube. It is more than 2 years and I am still using it. It seems like the product are still okay and touch wood no outbreak. TBS has launch new Vit C range. So sad, I love the old Vit C range. Why must they keep changing their formula when it is very good already? So far TBS stuff are working well for me. I will still support TBS no matter what. I just love TBS stuff:):)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an alternative to the Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion scrub, which is almost twice as expensive as this one. After reading the reviews here on MuA, I purchased this one.

It has nice, fine particles that sit in that perfect spot between too smooth (think PTR botanical buffing beads) and too rough (think St. Ives). It could be very strong, so proceed with caution if you are sensitive or use a heavy hand when scrubbing. It's not micro-dermabrasion by any stretch, but it is just a nice, pleasant scrub. Nice, light scent as well. It's an excellent alternative to the Kiehl's scrub.

Additionally, this re-introduced me to The Body Shop. I didn't realize that the store was so committed to natural products and sustainability. They also constantly run promotions, and I received a GWP.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's a good scrub. That's all. I don't know why they advertise this as "microdermabrasion".

Got a generous sample of this when I lived in France. It's a really nice scrub that has fine particles - like Dr. Brandt's only a fraction of the cost and with less irritating ingred. Paula nixes this as it has citrus oils, but as they are listed after the preservatives, I feel we can safely assume (like Paula always says as well - no consistency with her) that the amounts are negligable. Works wonders for a mechanical scrub and I will continue to buy it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have insanely sensitive skin that's also prone to clogged pores, acne AND it's combo so I get dry patches while I'm leaking oil in other spots.
I had been using this for a few months when I, in typical MUA'er fasion, decided maybe I would find something even better if I looked around. I *should* know to leave well enough alone but... yeah right.
I spent a couple days torn between repurchasing this or trying out Olay's microderm set. In the end the Olay seemed like the better deal and I though it might give me more noticable results. I've regretted that decision ever since. This does the same job, is more convenient, less irritating and doesn't start smelling rank after 6 months.
Olay is going in the trash and I'm going back to this.