The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

on 4/8/2009 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing. I've been deciding whether or not to buy it for quite a while because of it's price, but honestly it leaves your skin feeling amazing! I've only used it once, so I can't say that it made my milia disappear (yet) but I can safely say that it has made it smoother and my cheeks are so soft and rosy!
29/04/09
After using this for a while, I discovered that it is very good for opening up pores. After I scrub my face with this in the shower, I follow up by using a cleansing foam and my pores are squeaky clean! As for the milia I have - I think a small amount has disappeared but I'm not quite certain yet as I haven't been using this every day.

on 3/2/2009 7:13:00 AM

Love love love it! I love the gentle exfoliating granuels, the little orange beeds and the fresh citrus smell. Most of all I love the way my skin feels after i use it; soft, smooth and cool (as in cold). After a few washes with this product, even my nose began to feel smoother as it took affect on the open pores and black heads. Whilst this product did not completely get rid of my pimples (which i didnt expect it to), i havent had a massive breakout since using it and it keeps my blemishes to a minimum. Unlike most other facial scrubs, the exfoliating beeds and granuels in this product are so fine that you can use it daily - or more, like me! USE IT!

P.S - Its great to wake you up with the zingy citrus scent in the shower every morning.

on 2/21/2009 10:19:00 PM

I bought this scrub during buy the Vit C capsule at SGD 29.90 and get 25% off any Vit C skincare.

It is lovely facial scrub with fine particles and quite gentle on skin. I love the Vit C smell. It is not drying at all, skin glow after using this scrub. The SA suggested to use the Vit C capsule after using this scrub to maximise the Vit C effect. I would rather use the Vit C capsule on days that I am not using the scrub, cos the capsule maybe too much for "scrubbed" skin.

I only give a 4 cos the price is consider high for 75ml product. Good time to buy is during promotions.

16-Sep-09: I am adding another lippies to this product. This really helps to brighten up skin. I used it 2x per week. This and my Nuxe AHA cream are the only facial treatment that I use, cos now I am pregnant, too tired to do any more mask. These 2 babies help me to maintain my skin. I am happy person:) :)
I am so loving TBS stuff:)

28-Jan-2011
I am still with my current tube. It is more than 2 years and I am still using it. It seems like the product are still okay and touch wood no outbreak. TBS has launch new Vit C range. So sad, I love the old Vit C range. Why must they keep changing their formula when it is very good already? So far TBS stuff are working well for me. I will still support TBS no matter what. I just love TBS stuff:):)

on 2/20/2009 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for an alternative to the Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion scrub, which is almost twice as expensive as this one. After reading the reviews here on MuA, I purchased this one.

It has nice, fine particles that sit in that perfect spot between too smooth (think PTR botanical buffing beads) and too rough (think St. Ives). It could be very strong, so proceed with caution if you are sensitive or use a heavy hand when scrubbing. It's not micro-dermabrasion by any stretch, but it is just a nice, pleasant scrub. Nice, light scent as well. It's an excellent alternative to the Kiehl's scrub.

Additionally, this re-introduced me to The Body Shop. I didn't realize that the store was so committed to natural products and sustainability. They also constantly run promotions, and I received a GWP.

on 2/13/2009 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

It's a good scrub. That's all. I don't know why they advertise this as "microdermabrasion".

Got a generous sample of this when I lived in France. It's a really nice scrub that has fine particles - like Dr. Brandt's only a fraction of the cost and with less irritating ingred. Paula nixes this as it has citrus oils, but as they are listed after the preservatives, I feel we can safely assume (like Paula always says as well - no consistency with her) that the amounts are negligable. Works wonders for a mechanical scrub and I will continue to buy it.

on 1/14/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

I have insanely sensitive skin that's also prone to clogged pores, acne AND it's combo so I get dry patches while I'm leaking oil in other spots.
I had been using this for a few months when I, in typical MUA'er fasion, decided maybe I would find something even better if I looked around. I *should* know to leave well enough alone but... yeah right.
I spent a couple days torn between repurchasing this or trying out Olay's microderm set. In the end the Olay seemed like the better deal and I though it might give me more noticable results. I've regretted that decision ever since. This does the same job, is more convenient, less irritating and doesn't start smelling rank after 6 months.
Olay is going in the trash and I'm going back to this.

on 12/25/2008 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product makes my skin feel smooth and soft. Also, I feel like my skin has become more radiant since I started using it! While it is a little pricey, it is comparable to all other upscale, expensive brands, and it's worth it!

on 10/13/2008 10:58:00 PM

Well - after reading reviews on here, I really wanted to try this! So I went and bought it today and had a go. So far, I really really love the citrusy smell! other scrubs i've used have felt like they haven't really gotten rid of whatever is stuck in my pores, but the teeny weeny little granule things in this are really hard working, and my skin feels fantastic and soft. it wasn't too drying as well, which is a complete bonus. i'm guessing because they're such small little particles that they will get rid of even the smallest dead skin cells, so they'll most likely reveal nicer skin, hence the 'brightening' promises.
will keep updating as i use this more, but it's probably the best scrub i've used so far! HG perhaps???

on 8/18/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow. In one use, I have found my HG scrub (sorry, Benefit Honey scrub!) It looks like an ordinary cream, but start massaging into your skin, and its SO gritty, it really is microfine! Probably not good for sensitive skin, even my dry areas were a bit red after use, but after the three steps, and moisturiser, and a good sleep... my skin was so smooth, so evened out, I was stunned. Amazing product, not overly strong citrus scent, and affordable!