July 28, 2014 | 1021 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by preciousking

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to pay for expensive products, until I finally realized that the cost, marketing and the chemicals that go into it weren't benefiting me. That's why I am so happy that I am now taking the natural approach to beauty. The reviews are correct! Try Fresh Lemon Juice. Soo many uses for it. If applied to face like a toner, it acts as a light "chemical peel". But don't just stop there, drink it! Alkalizing, it's great to detox the liver and rid your body of acne causing residue.

Here’s are some really good tips on Lemons for Body & Acne:

Hurray for Lemons!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have begun occasionally using lemon juice from a small freshly cut wedge of lemon in my skincare.

a) On my face as a toner in the evening (once every second week) and to lighten hyperpigmentation.
b) On stretch marks, with cocoa butter or grapeseed oil rubbed in afterwards.

Within a week I noticed positive results in the fading of hyperpigmentation and especially on stretch marks. It can sting at first when applied to the face, so rinse off after a short period and apply moisturiser directly afterward. Avoid sun exposure when using lemon juice, and use only in the evenings. Lemon juice is very acidic and can be harsh on the skin so as with all products, it's best to do a small patch test 24-48 hours before going ahead with full use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by acnepimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great reviews about Lemon Juice for acne.

There's another interesting article about the properties of lemons and how they can help acne through other methods, you can check it out here: http://acne-pimples.net/populartreatments/lemon-juice-for-acne-natural-treatment/

One thing to remember though is that if lemon juice lightens skin, it's only temporarily, lemons alone should not be able to do any lasting harm. Enjoy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a voice of dissent. I really wanted this to work. I've dealt with acne for almost 20 years... the only thing that ever cleared it up completely was birth control pills. I read dozens of reviews here and elsewhere about lemon juice helping with acne and leftover scarring, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I started the first night by dabbing on fresh squeezed lemon juice with a Q-tip on existing pimples and some scars. Went to bed. No changes the next morning (either positive or negative). The following night, I decided to use a cotton ball and apply lemon juice to my entire chin (my biggest problem area with breakouts), as well as parts of my forehead and the sides of my nose and mouth. I did this for an additional three nights. It did not help existing breakouts or scarring whatsoever... but I did get a lot of new breakouts everywhere that I applied lemon juice, even in areas that I don't normally get them.

I had no problems with stinging or redness, so I don't think diluting the lemon juice would help any (though I know that many apply it that way). I just don't think the lemon juice agrees with me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have redish brown hair and I love using lemon juice in my hair to lighten my hair and it removes some of the brown and makes it more red with8ut irritating my scalp. I haven't tried using it as a toner and have never heard of it until now but I defiantly will

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by poemaXX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice/oil/extract (along with citrus oils in general) is phototoxic and should not be used on skin. Period.

For more info on lemons and phototoxicity, see the following:
****Excerpt: Diagnosis: Phytophotodermatitis
"This case represents a phototoxic reaction that occurred due to the combined exposure of the patient to lemons, lemon juice and subsequent sunlight. Phytophotodermatitis (PPD) is an inflammatory eruption that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a photosensitizer and is subsequently exposed to radiation. The photosensitizer is the pigment furocoumarin, a lipid-soluble 8-methoxypsoralen.1 This pigment is found in various plants and vegetables, including celery,2-5 *******limes and lemons*******,6-10 figs,11,12 citrus fruits,13,14 parsley,15 sagebrush, goldenrod, chrysanthemum, ragweed and cocklebur.16"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I first heard about lemon juice as an acne treatment on tv. There was a dermatologist speaking and she was saying that this is the best chemical peeling you can do. At first I was reluctant because I have very sensitive skin and I was worrying about all the acids lemon contains. I decided to search it online and came across the reviews here ( MUA has reviews about everything!!!!!).
After all the comments I read here I decided to give it a try. And it worked.! I squeezed half a lemon in a bowl. Then I took a cotton ball,dabbed it on the lemon juice and then applied to my face.Well yes it stings ( a lot) for like 15 minutes. Then it's okay but feels a bit sticky. I left it overnight and when I woke up my face was brighter and much clearer!! And I also noticed an improvement on my scars.
My acne hasn't cleared up completely but I guess you have to be constant with using it. I use it about 5 times a week. I love applying lemon juice to my face because the smell is so energising and I even squeeze some of it in water with ice and drink it!
I think if you are ambivalent about it you should definitely say yes and give it a try!:)
Also,if you are going out the next day make sure you USE SUNSCREEN because lemon can cause some sort of sensitivity to sunlight . I personally use Avene Cleanance Solaire SPF 30.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried using lemon juice as a toner. At first I was delighted, my skin looked much brighter and clearer, it glowed and looked more luminous. Marks and spot scarring seemed to gently fade. However within a few weeks I noticed my skin was shrivelling and lines forming that hadn't been there before. Though I used very hydrating creams on top of this, my skin formed new lines from dryness. I would suggest using it on the occasional spot if one has oily skin and is very young, otherwise no.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This make my skin much more bright and fades blemishes, and just overall makes my skin look lighter and brighter! It doesn't smell amazing, but if you're looking for a product which brightens your skin this is the product to use! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive way to brighten and smooth your skin. I have breakout prone skin. My cheeks are usually the most clog prone and when I use bad products, I will usually develop whiteheads and my cheeks will feel like reading Braille on my face. I tried lemons a while back but I think I used too much if the lemon juice. It did sting and I got dome minorirritation bumps. Well, fast forward to a month ago, I decided to try it again but this time, I used a few drops of pure lemon juice, not the bottled one and two slices of cucumbers. I diluted this concoction with about 70% distilled water. I took some cotton rounds and drenched it into the mixture and patted onto my face. I left it on for about 7 minutes and rinsed. Wow. It was smooth and my complexion just seems better and less oily. I've been doing this mixture once a week as a special mask treat. It feels very refreshing. I don't think I would use lemon juice on it's own due to the high acidity but diluted really helps and I like it very much. As a bonus, I've also been drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and my digestion and just overall well being seems to be better. Oh, but please drink with a straw. Hope this helps! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No