November 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

I ran out of my normal finishing powder a few weeks ago and had not gotten around to ordering more until now. I forgot how much I love finishing powder, this stuff really makes a difference in how my mineral makeup looks. Very smooth finish. I always put my finishing powder on first, it seems to help my mineral foundation go on better and look awesome. There is a big difference in the way my makeup looks when I wear the mineral foundation alone vs. wearing it with the finishing powder. I love the tint in the natural reflections line. The powder is very fine in my opinion. Will definitely be back for more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

Love this. I put the sunscreen in this to the test by (gasp) wearing just this over on sun-sensitive skin while suntanning in Miami Beach. Did it work? Yes, but I recommend you reapply after swimming or sweating, because I did burn a little on the top of my forehead. Love the fact I can wear sunscreen that doesn't contain harmful chemicals and that it doesn't break me out. This goes on really well and gives me a little bit of a tanned look. Since I'm tanned already, I just wear this over some concealer and go. Be careful putting this on dampened skin, because it tends to cling and look dirty.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by moon8305

I use the Fair shade--perfect for finishing off and setting my makeup without adding any color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by krystalchan

i got the golden tan natural reflections finishing powder. i think i would use this as a bronzer. it's got a nice sheen to it, and is more brown than skin tone, so for me it works better as a bronzer than a finishing powder. it is just slightly darker than my natural skin tone (i use golden medium and winged butter). however it doesn't help with the oilies in summer. so i guess it works fine as a bronzer for winter. Just not as a finishing powder - for that i woudl use their... Finishing Dust!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! xD

I have this in Light and it's like the EM version of BE's Mineral Veil, but with SPF!!

I use this along with my Semi-Matte Foundation and my Nick Nack blush and it's great because I don't end up looking really cakey but it's just a great almost translucent finish to keep everything together. I dust it on using the Long Handled Kabuki but when I'm on the go I use the baby kabuki brush from EM.

Great stuff even on it's own for a less made-up look because it still gives some coverage even on it's own to make my pores look smaller and even out my skin tone just enough.

Would most definitely repurchase this product again, once the large jar is finished up! LoL!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i thought this was gritty. by the time i use the foundation concealers silk dust and this its like waaaay too much damn powder. of course i have experimented with different combos but no luck. i would rather have the sun protection built into the foundation. it seems like its not going to be enough to provide adequate protection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product. I have been trying not to use products that are loaded with chemicals... but I live in the desert where the sun shines over 325 days a year... so I HAVE to wear sunblock. This is a fabulous alternative to spray and lotion sunblocks, and it has just a few ingredients as opposed to the multitude of ingredients in the typical sunblock. It's a very light finely milled powder, and I have found that it has quite a lot of sun protection. When it first came out, I believe EM claimed it was around SPF30, but they can no longer say that because of FDA regulations. It feels like the same protection as SPF 45 to me. I wear it on my face, chest, neck, ears, shoulders, and arms... and I dust it on my kids too. It has no scent and doesn't have any sort of greasy feel like so many sunblocks do. I use the Fair and Cool Pink... EM foundation shade Sunkissed Fair, Fair Cool, and Ivory.

I usually order this in the kit that is $32 for 6 full size products, which makes this about $5.35 a jar. That puts it on par with drugstore sunscreen and much cheaper than other powder sunblocks.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ktkb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are so finely milled, and they apply like a dream, almost creamy in application and finish. the result is seamless, plush velvet-like.

I apply these with a puff or sponge for a heavier application since i've stopped using foundation of any sort, and i find the coverage buildable without losing the creamy velvet-like finish. For reference, i've dry skin, but haven't had these powders crease on me. Really really like these powders!

i'm between NC15 - 20 and use the Fair for these powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I kept expecting this finishing powder to go on as gritty as the Silk Dust... but no. It's just as smooth and made my skin feel buttery soft as their regular foundations. I use this first as a primer to even out my skin, then again use a light dusting after my foundation. I wear a mixture of Light and Winged Butter foundations and the Light version of this is perfect for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite product from EM. Likely to be one of the best bronzers I have tried on my face! The color is beautiful. On me the nuance is quite coldish brown, Matte and no glimme/shine! Looks nice to use as a shadow under cheekbones and all over you face. The color become a bit darker when your face get oily, but nothing unnatural dark. This is absolutly worth testing if you are looking for a mineral bronzer type of powder. Likely to reorder.