L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof

3.5

on 3/30/2009 1:54:00 AM

This mascara really lengthens my lashes. I have the typical short stubby asian lashes, & telescopic really seperates & defines each lash. It also holds the culr really well , doesn't smudge or flake at all.

Two things I don't like about it though: like others have said, the brush is too flexible, it bends & is really annoying when you want to really wriggle the product in but can't. I solve this problem though by holding a thin business card behind my eyelashes & against my eyelids. This is a really good trick I learnt off a blog for asian eyes. It helps keep the curl & stops mascara from sticking to your eyelid whilst applying.

Second thing: this mascara does absolutely nothing for volume. It lengthens to extraordinary lengths but doesn't add any volume at all. I only use this mascara on top of the lash architect to lengthen & separate my lashes really well. Using both these mascaras gives me a false lash effect.

I do recommend though, if you have naturally lush lashes this is a great mascara to add length. For those with really thin lashes I would recommend to wear under or over a volumising mascara to give that false lash effect.

on 11/29/2008 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My sister had bought this for me from Singapore because here in Canada, we don't have the Telescopic in Waterproof. It was never released and it probably will never be released here since it's been over a year and a half since the regular/non-waterproof Telescopic was first out.
I have to say that this is one of the poorest if not the worst of L'oreal mascaras I have tried. I'm a huge fan of L'oreal Voluminous, L'oreal Lash Out, L'oreal Double Extend and L'oreal Volume Shocking; so this was a let down from L'oreal.
The brush is probably the worst thing about this product. It is really flimsy - I have no other way of explaining it. When I try to brush the wand through my lashes, the wand bends too much and it makes it difficult to use. I know a flexible brush can be great, but this was much more flimsy in a bad way rather than flexible in a good way. I'm so use to putting mascara on (have been wearing it for years now on a daily basis) and I don't recall ever having a problem with a mascara wand. The formula for this mascara was nothing special - it held a curl, it gave me more of a natural look than a dramatic look (unless you put like more than 3 coats on) but that's it. I would stick to buying one of the four L'oreal mascaras I mentioned above.

on 10/11/2008 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent Mascara, I have very oily skin and have tried every waterproof mascara you can buy from Lancome, Dior, Clinique, MAC and Max Factor I can't believe after trying all the expensive mascaras and none of the ever stayed on as well as L'Oreal Telescopic. Only down side is that he wand is hard to use and you have to be quite careful as it does tend to clump up.

on 10/7/2008 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ugh, I hate this mascara. The wand is difficult to use and it does nothing for my lashes. In fact, I have a hard time getting the wand back into the tube. Terrible, terrible, terrible! I am going back to my old tried and true Voluminous mascara, so much for trying something new!

on 9/18/2008 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked this mascara :)
It provided the length that the package promissed, but if you combinate another mascara with Telescopic that also provides volume(like Faux Cils - YSL), the result will be a LOT better!

I did'nt give a 5 because of the price, but when you use the Telescopic and see the results, you forget about it :)

Final words: I really recommend this mascara!

on 2/26/2008 5:15:00 PM

Its great especially for short/sparse/asian lashes. its amazing at length but i recommend using another mascara that gives alot of volume with it if you want a more dramatic look. It does thicken your lashes without clumping, its the best mascara ive ever tried and ive tried alot!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

hard to take off even with proper eye makeup removers.

does nothing special for curl lift volume length separation definition.

so average it aint worth the money. maybelline has some cheaper mascaras that are better in al aspects.

on 8/28/2007 4:40:00 AM

I like all waterproof mascaras by L'Oreal - this one is not bad. It provides clean definition and holds a curl really well (I have very short, straight, sparse and stubborn eyelashes, and non-waterproof versions tend to straighten out my curled lashes). The brush is very innovative - it really helps get to the roots with minimal smudging and no clumping whatsoever. This is a great every day mascara, but I prefer Lash Architect Waterproof for the volume and length.