Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

3.9

on 4/3/2012 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It just goes to show you that we all have our own tastes in fragrances, and perfume ratings can be subjective. What I can say is that if you like soft, close-to-the-skin, inoffensive, slightly powdery, teensy weensy bit sweet dry-down fragrances, you will love this. HOWEVER, I honestly didn't think I liked it upon first spray. For me, the first spray was almost...skunky? As in, roadkill skunk. Thank goodness this is VERY brief. What you are left with is a gentle, ethereal iris scent that is clean and soft and just a tad powdery. Don't worry if you aren't a big powdery-smell person, it's only a wee bit of powder - the rest is basically "just washed my hair and applied moisturizer" type of clean. I don't know how anyone could ever be offended by this smell, unless you took a bath in it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For some reason I was excited about this fragrance, thinking that I would really enjoy the scent of irises. Well, this does not smell like irises. It smells exactly like Johnson & Johnson baby oil. If I ever wanted to smell like baby oil, I would use baby oil, which is a couple dollars for a huge bottle. Thankfully I only got a sample of this before buying the full size, because I hate scents that smell powdery, or like a baby's butt. Yet again, I am disappointed by Prada's scents.

on 1/26/2012 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This perfume was so faint I could hardly get a clear idea of what I was smelling. It seems to be arranged mainly around an iris note similar to Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, but much more transparent and delicate than Bleue's powerhouse. There are subtle warm woody notes toward the drydown and powdery sillage throughout. It ends powdery and fresh.

The whole thing has a diaphanous, layered feel, and it was really interesting to me because of the way it used iris in a light clean way instead of a loud perfumy way, but it was SO faint and faded SO fast I would never be able to justify buying a bottle.

on 12/31/2011 1:40:00 PM

The top and middle notes were too loud and musky for me. I do like the carroty base notes once it settles down (after too many hours).

on 12/27/2011 1:03:00 PM

I love this perfume, and i love it even more because i got it in the Harrods new years sale for 15 :D BARGAIN!

on 12/20/2011 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this perfume! Like some other reviewers said, I could see myself wearing this on my wedding day. A fresh, clean yet complex scent that gets better as the day goes on. It wears pretty close to the skin which I am fan of, since I don't like cloying and overwhelming scents. I got a pretty generous sample of this but I would certainly purchase as soon as I run out. The price is very reasonable as you only need a spritz or two.

on 12/15/2011 6:12:00 AM

Been hankering for this perfume all year and finally got a bottle for my birthday. I just love it, it's so sophisticated and fresh with a powdery but beautiful finish. I agree it does smell kind of like fresh linen but seriously how good is it to smell clean and fresh. It's so easy to wear, I find some perfumes headache inducing but this one is gorgeous and it gets better as the day goes on. Like some people have said it is a bit lacking in staying power but I don't mind this as I find perfumes that last all day too strong to start with. Happy to reapply as needed. So far I've had great comments on this perfume and my husband adores it, just thinking about it makes me want to put some on!

on 12/5/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the perfect fragrance for when you want to wear something but aren't sure what. It's appropriate for every occasion; I'd both get married in this and wear it to the ShopRite Can Can sale.

A little bit floral, a little bit powdery, fresh, ageless, minimalist. It lasts quite a long time on me. I sprayed this on myself at Ulta many, many times before I bought it, always thinking: this is such a pleasant, everyday sort of a scent but not special enough to buy. And then I realized that far more of my life is spent at ShopRite than at Cuir-de-Russie-worthy charity balls, and there really was a place on my dresser for a perfectly lovely everyday scent. I have been very happy with this purchase.

on 11/23/2011 2:19:00 PM

most of the perfumes was at first nice but later, I somekind of hated them.. and they made me nausea. my nose is very sensetive, and i don't wear perfume so much. I think this is what i have been looking for so long. Its very clean and fresh. I agree with the other reviews, people say it smells like clean linen but I don't care. I feel very comfortable wearing it..

on 10/27/2011 7:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I can't say enough good things about this scent. After reading all the reviews on here, I was compelled enough to purchase a sample. I have been wearing it for the last week, just because the smell is so fresh and comforting, unlike anything else in my perfume collection. My boyfriend said at first I smell like "dish detergent" (what does he know?!) but after a while, he told me he really liked the soft and clean smell. It does have some powdery notes to it, but it's not over the top and it settles down into a fresh, green scent. There is only one word that comes to mind when I wear this and that's "lovely"! Definitely had to buy a bottle of this.

Popular Fragrances