April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by tntntn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE crazy bright lipsticks and I'd been wanting this for so long...but I was slightly disappointed. It's not the colour - it's very pretty - but it's the sheen. It's slightly frosted and I feel that it just dulls the impact. You get a real vivid sense of colour with bright mattes, like Ruby Woo - it's like the lack of dimension makes them even more interesting for some reason. I don't get this with Show Orchid. I prefer Full Fuschia or Petals and Peacocks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I set out on a journey for a retina-searing pink lipstick and it ended with this. So, so happy with it. It does stain your lips, even with a lip liner underneath (my fave is Magenta), so be aware of that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 1:46:00 AM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick to wear out at night. The vibrant blue based hot pink color looks suprisingly good on my light olive skintone. I love how Show Orchid looks paired wih black winged eyeliner, it's perfection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

gorgeous lipstick. very pigmented and long lasting. Love the colour. usually either my mom or dad tells me i'm wearing too much lipstick but not at all today. great colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by RandomFlopsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Stunning. I'm NC15 and worried it would be too bright, but it's perfect. The blue tint is surprisingly flattering, the colour is opaque and rich, the finish is glossy without being glittery. It's very long-wearing which is a bonus: bright shades can be so high-maintenance sometimes! It's great as a light tint applied with a finger but one swipe is enough to provide full coverage. Very beautiful colour, smooth texture, and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by BabyGirlRina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

PRO: From the Riveting collection. It's a very bright hot pink that's a bit blue based. A very Barbie pink and a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Veneziano

It's so pretty, bright and a perfect statement color for days when you want to brighten up your makeup. The amplified formula is great, and don't get me wrong, the color is beautiful, but this looks too similar to Girl About Town. There's also a Revlon dupe, the name of which escapes me at the moment, but for half the price of a MAC lipstick I don't see why I should repurchase.

EDIT: the name of the Revlon dupe is Wild Orchid. Swatched next to each other they're indistinguishable.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I actually like this l/s, even though it's not a color I would have seen myself wearing successfully. I am light skinned with blue/green eyes, so I figured this would make me look like a clown. And it does, if I apply it directly on my lips, lol. But if I use some chapstick first and then a thin layer of the l/s, it actually looks good. Very bright, yes, but good. It brightens the whole face (and I also put some clear l/g on top).
I love the amplified formula, it doesn't dry out my lips and spreads so easily, and also the lasting power is remarcable. Even when it fades, it leaves a nice stain on my lips.
I probably won't rebuy only because this will last me forever, but I do like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 1:10:00 PM More reviews by barbieismetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this lipstick! The color is a gorgeous hot pink , with a blueish tint/sheen

The color goes on opaque and smooth , its not drying at all and feels nice on the lips

I know people compare this to Girl about Town l/s but i think this is much prettier then GAT , will definetly wear this out with a thick black cat eye , you need this lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Rachaell

I got this lipstick on a back to mac deal in which you appparently return 6 empty mac containers and receive a free lipstick. It took 4ever, but I did it! =) This is one of THE most beautiful, bright pink lipsticks you will ever get your hands on. I was scanning all of the lipsticks trying to figure out what to get as if it would be my last time (yeah right!), when I noticed that the pretty Asian girl working the counter had on this striking pink lipstick. Now mind you, I'm MAC NC45 so I was kinda skeptical when she said "You HAVE to get this. I've been selling it all day!" Now I'm the kinda girl that loves a strong eye and nude lips so I personally felt like I would have to seriously tone the eyes down not to look like a clown. But can I tell you that it was so worth it! I don't mean to yell but it is just that pretty. She paired it with night moth lipliner. It literally woke up my whole face! I have got so many people telling me how pretty I look but I can tell they can't figure out why. But I know =). I have tons of eyeshadow from high end to drugstore. But I am satisfied with only putting on eyeliner and mascara and have this color on my lips. This is the first time I actually thought about buying a back-up. If you're not afraid of a bold lip, run and go get this! Perfect for spring and summer!