April 17, 2014 | 1722 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by margiemay80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terrific, inexpensive drugstore buy. I brush this on after my foundation and blush to set my look. It's a very light finish and on it's own I don't believe it would work for covering redness or blemishes but to soften and add that matte final touch, this is great. I keep it in my purse for touch ups once or twice during the day (I use a blotting paper first, then the powder so it doesn't go on cakey) and am quite pleased with this product overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by vicxon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

i loved the packaging and the colour matched well with my skin. But it literally had no coverage at all. Especially for my acne scars which got worse since i've got sensitive skin.(It makes it harder for me to find the right product while having acne-prone skin) I'm still recovering from a huge pimple it left me! I tried to figure out another excuse for the zit but it all ended up being blamed on the product. Overall i will not reperchase and i am really not pleased with most covergirl products i've used so far.

p.s. i don't know if i can trust CoverGirl anymore!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ellarae6

I didn't even know I had pores until this foundation went and clogged them!
This pressed powder is the worst I've ever tried. Within two days of using it I developed loads of pimples on my cheeks and forehead, not to mention epically clogged pores.
Definitely not a fan of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Milicica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff!!! I always get all worked up about some expensive high-end powders, but it truth, this one works WAY better than MAC, Lancome, Dior and couple more that I've been using lately.
It finishes off my foundation nicely, doesn't dry my skin out, stays put throughout the day, and doesn't set into smile-lines - a total winner!! I can't buy it here, but my friend is off to US soon so I'm gonna stock up on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by flutistgurl26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder! Let me start off by saying that I don't agree with the reviewer who said it looks chalky. In my experience, it gives the skin a very soft focused look that is VERY pretty. It's like a your-skin-but-better sort of look! Great for controlling shine and evening out light redness. Please don't expect it to work miracles with redness or imperfections. This product will make your skin look softer and smoother, with VERY LIGHT correcting. If you know what to expect (and aren't expecting anything unrealistic) you will love this stuff!!! Good job Cover Girl :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Heros

After reading the reviews here I decided to try this product. Maybe this lead me to expect too much.

This powder looked chalky on me, did not even my skin tone at all, and seemed to enhance every line on my face (I am only 18 but I have a lot of lines around my eyes).

What I did like was that the colours are true and it didn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry after application.

Covergirl Clean (fragrance free) worked much better for me and is about half the price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this only to see if it had enough coverage to be worn alone. Unfortunatly, for someone with a lot of redness to my skin, it wasn't going to cut it. It was a very soft, fine powder. The puff it comes with is nice and gives a very smooth application. The powder did seem to brighten up my complexion, without all that glitter and sparkles CG has a tendency of putting in their loose powders. Colors are very true, what you see in the compact is what you'll see on your skin. I adore the compact, silver with a holographic decal. Definatly would be keeping this stuff around if only it gave more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 8:51:00 PM More reviews by neva22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG!!! I always purchase high end cosmetics thinking big bucks equals better quaility...how wrong can I be. After throwing out numerous high end powders, I decided to give a less expensive one a try. After reading the positive reviews on this powder I went out and purchased one in Natural beige #120. I LOVE IT!!! I only use it to set my Bobbie Brown corrector on under my eye area, but man what a difference from any powder I've tried...all the others including Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening power just left my under eye area looking dry and chalky, with added emphasis on my under eye wrinkles (embarassing). This powder evens out my concealer with absolutely no chalky aftermath and no magnified wrinkling. That's the only thing I ever ask of a pressed powder, and finally I found it in a line I would never, ever have tried if not for MUA. It's finely milled, glides on beautifully natural.
A must try.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

i can't believe i wasted my money on the fresh and clean powders when i could've bought this before! the texture of this powder is really smooth and finely milled. i would buy this again. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Melanie575

This product is overall a very good buy. It is not too expensive ($9 at CVS). It is very smooth, the amount of pigment is perfect, and it controls shine very well! I tend to get pretty shiny during the day and I used to use the Fresh Look powder until I saw this and decided to give it a go.

I agree with a previous poster who said that the shades run light. I also notice that under my eyes has been getting dry lately which may or may not be related to this. But if you use a moisturizer, you should have no problem. I have used this with mineral makeup and on its own and it looks good either way!