Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry

4.5

polybutene, polydecene, petrrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecanol, microcrystalinne wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, tocopheryl acetane, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, betula alba (birch) extract... the list goes on...

on 5/14/2009 5:36:00 PM

wow, this particular Clinique lip gloss basically fixed every single Clinique gloss's flaws I have ever noted.

I used to hate Clinique's lipglosses, because they were not only super sticky, but also leaves a gross white residue after wear. And it's ridiculously difficult to remove the residue. Just overall, gross.

I do like their lotion stuff (3-steps) so a couple of weeks ago when they had a 7 piece sample set with any purchase over $21.50, I went for it (bought their 3 step lotion) and picked this particular gloss as one of hte samples. I've always disliked their glosses, but I thought to try this anyway (especially since the other lip stuff were all lipstick, which i never use).

That said, i'm more than impressed with this one. It glides on super smooth, and it's not any more sticky than Lancome, which I like. In fact it might be a little less sticky than Lancome (but more sticky than Jordana, which I've always complained about being too nonsticky as it comes off really quickly). The color of this one is pretty much clear (maybe a dash of red, but i don't really notice), but gives a very nice gloss to your lips. After a while of having it on, it fades from high gloss (which looks rather fake and too much like "that person put WAY too much gloss on...) to a nice shine that doesn't stand out too much. It gave a rather natural impression of shine to your lips.

It have no taste (which is good, because the other clinique gloss i've used had a distinctly disgusting druggie kind of taste) nor smell, despite the "raspberry" label. And i can't emphasize enough how much I love the PERFECT stickiness (not too sticky, but just sticky enough that it last a while). Perfect for poeple who naturlaly don't have much lip pigment, or just want a high gloss/gloss without a great deal of color.

I actually have no clue how much it cost normally since I got the sample. I'll bet it's expensive though. XD

on 4/16/2009 3:37:00 AM

I had heard about these before and never tried them. I had a coupon for Sephora, and thought about trying something new. I had immediately discovered they sold Clinique, and I saw these glosses. This was the only one that looked like it'd go well with the color of my lips. To my surprise, it looked better than I thought it would. It had somewhat of a color to it. I was very pleasantly surprised. Even the SA said it looked good on my lips. It was only slightly sticky, and it had a very faint smell to it, which is another +. I will definately be reaching for this a lot so that way I can maybe update this review, and give you a more honest opinion...but for now, I really like it! :)

>>>>><<<
I really really love this !!No annoying smell of addictives.Nice thick texture,smooth and light my lips perfectly within very little amount.And I love the color,both in the tube and on my lips,feel pretty to wear it.

What a pity I just lost it somewhere~~~
Will buy again!

This has been reviewed so many times!
Anyways, this gloss hydrates better than most lip balms. My lips were chronically chapped but after using these, they were always soft.
The color is sheer but definitely there. It is PINK. but not too bright. Applying a think layer gives you a MLBB look, a thicker layer looks brighter. However, i'm not a big fan of this color, it's okay.
The price is right for a non-drying, beutifully colored, sanitary gloss that doesn't taste disgusting.
I am definitely buying again, because the formula is the BEST. i cannot live without something as moisturizing as this on my lips all the time... but next time i will purchase different colors.

on 1/16/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my HG lipgloss. LOVE it. never smears. can apply w/out mirror. stays on for a good amount of time. the color is brilliant. its a shiny pinky/red/clear. FAMOUS!!! its so cute. ppl love it everywhere. AND my hair doesnt stick in it, which is MY biggest beef w/glosses. perfection, easy. kinda expensive but the tube lasts a VERY long time. i received a free sample over 2 yrs ago and have been in love ever since. :)

on 8/14/2008 6:12:00 AM

This lip gloss is my all time favourite. The raspberry shade is a rather like a light strawberry red in the tube, but it is not overbright in colour and on my lips which are somewhat pale in colour, I am able to apply with no mirror and it does not look as if I've over indulged on the strawberry mivvis (UK ice lolly from the 1970s - which shows my age!).
The gloss itself is non scented (thank the lord) and non flavoured and seems to do the impossible of moisturising, but still looking pretty and lasting thorough a cup of tea and a snack, always my benchmark test.
I have used the tinted superbalms from Clinique for years and they are the only lip glosses that I have consistently repurchased. I regularly use raspberry, currant and grapefruit. You get a lot in the tube.

on 8/13/2008 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Nice, sheer color and stays on long. I love it! Looks great over lipstick.

on 7/19/2008 2:10:00 AM

I originally got this in 'currant' but sadly lost it in a cab after using it twice. I repurchased this lip gloss in 'raspberry' and love it just as much! The color is a reddish pink color that goes well with just about every skin tone I can imagine. And don't let the color in the tube frighten you, it may look really bright but it goes on sheer. On my lips, it's a gorgeous shade of pinkish rose. I also love that it's not sticky at all.

on 6/20/2008 3:06:00 PM

I like the color and the look, but it made my lips dry out and get flaky and peel, which is a bummer because I really wanted to like this gloss. The butter shines are lot more moisturizing.

on 5/22/2008 2:37:00 PM

I generally don't like lipglosses, but I am addicted to liptreatments. I love this gloss since it is a very good combination of the two. Raspberry is a very pretty red/rose/pink tint.

Popular Lip Glosses