NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

4.5

Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually bought the blonde version of this, even though I have dark brown hair. It seemed more ashy than the brunette one. It came with 2 powders, a wax (which holds the brows in place but can look a little wet if you apply too much) and a brush & spoolie. The brush looked a bit flimsy but the spoolie was fine. I wanted this so I don't have to mix eyeshadows from different palettes to get the right colour.. having it all in one kit is really nice. So far I'm really liking this & it seems to match me well!

on 9/8/2013 1:16:00 PM

I'm a natural redhead with blonde highlights. Let me tell you, I have practically non-existent eyebrows, especially the tail part. They're sparse, too. This taupe shade is perfect for the brows that I do have, being a light ashy brown. The darker color shades the tail nicely without looking fake. Brushes are junk- use an angled eyebrow brush- my MAC one does the job. I don't really need the wax, but it does add a little staying power to the color and defines the color a bit more.
Had a few problems opening the tab on the package. They could improve that a bit. Would really be fantastic if they'd add a brow highlighter to the collection, too.
I'm impressed- 1st impression with NYX and I plan on investigating more.
If you want eyebrows, try this stuff!

on 8/15/2013 5:58:00 PM

This is perfect for anyone with dark brown or black hair. You get the choice of two colours and a wax, which ive never used but hear works great. I picked this up for $8.99 a couple months ago and havent looked back. I use it everyday and it lasts from when i put it on at 8am until i get home at 6pm. I usually find that with some powders they fade throughout the day, but not with this! Its also a bonus it comes with a travel size brush and pair of tweezers. Nice work nyx!

on 8/5/2013 12:51:00 PM

I love this eyebrow kit! -comes with wax and 2 colors -looks extremely natural -cheap -a little goes a long way I would recommend getting a different brush since the brushes it comes with are very small.

on 7/23/2013 6:23:00 AM

I'll make this short and sweet, this is my HG eyebrow powder and I use it everyday and it looks very natural and matches my brows well

on 7/22/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Use it daily! Looks very natural I outline my brows with the darker color, fill them in with the lighter color and then use a mascara spoolie to blend it together! I am just not a fan of the brush that came with it. The tip is not fine e bought to create a perfect outline. Other than that it's perfect!

on 7/4/2013 1:48:00 PM

Look so natural!

on 6/28/2013 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this for two reasons, the reviews are good and it's a bargain! I recently finished up my SmashBox cake brow powder, before that I used Laura Mercier. I'm tired of spending big bucks on brow color so I decided to research on a cheaper option. Thanks to the many great reviews I found the perfect one!

I have (dyed) dark brown hair with caramel highlights, sparse black eyebrows and my skin is medium with yellow undertones. About eight years ago, I switched from black brow pencil to dark taupe powder which works better for me. This NYX is easier to apply than the SmashBox cake. The SB cake is sort of pasty which I found somewhat difficult at times to apply evenly, I would get empty spots in my brow for some reason. I use my Sephora brow powder brush which I really like and it's lasted me about 4-5 years so far. The brush that comes in the set is pretty useless because it's so short to comfortably apply the product. I use the darker taupe color, or if I want a bit more softness I use both colors and blend them in, beautiful! The color lasts all day, including through my two hour workout sessions! Another thing I noticed is the SM brand rubbed off fairly easily, if I lightly scratched my brow the color would come off leaving me with a spot! Not with the NYX, I have to scratch harder in order for it to leave a bald spot. But yet it comes off so easily with face wash! No scrubbing at all!

I'm so happy the NYX brand works so well for me! No more spending $$$ on brow color!

A very good product combining brow powder of 2 colours, wax and 2 brushes. The powders are quite pigmented and apply nicely. One is dark brown (no red in it, which is nice) and grey colour. You can mix the two to customize a desirable colour. I use the darker colour for the thicker part of my brows and grey one on brow ends.
After applying the powder you can fix the brows with the wax. The wax is bit sticky but does a good job and when applied is not causing discomfort.
The packaging is compact and includes two small brushes - a small angled brush and a small spooley. I use other brushes just because they are full sized and easier to handle. Yet the brushes that come in the box can do a decent job too.

on 5/2/2013 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Awesome, awesome stuff. I've always had trouble finding a color match for my dark eyebrows. Pencils and powders always looked too reddish, dark or just off. That's where this brow powder comes in. Found it at Ulta for around $5 and it is absolutely fantastic. It comes with wax on one side and 2 brow powders on the other. The colors match my brows perfectly and fill in any sparse patches. I like that there's 2 colors so that you can blend them or just use one.The lighter shade I use for everyday, and the darker for evenings out.I look more put together when I use this brow powder. Oh and it'll last forever. Definitely recommend, this stuff is a steal.

Popular Brows Products