November 28, 2014 | 1910 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

I have black hair and eyebrows and prefer brow products that look grey/black when applied. Dark brown brow powders usually look less natural on me. I mostly use the lighter taupe shade on the spare front areas of my eyebrows and it blends in very naturally with my brows.

The brush that comes with the palette applies the powder very patchily. I would have reapply powder in the same area. Using a thin slanted eyeliner brush instead made a huge difference in being able to apply a concentrated amount of powder exactly where I need it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got into really doing my brows and boy do I love this little gem! The wax goes on great and doesn't make them feel stiff just held in place perfectly. The 2 colors are awesome for me as a blonde I use the lightest color because my brows are really blonde. The little spoolie works great to pick up the color and it's so easy to apply. I just brush my brows with the NYX wax pencil first which puts them into the shape I want. Then I add a little more wax before I use the powder. I roll the spoolie in the powder and brush it through and wow my brows look so polished and not over done.

The packaging is delicate that's nice for flimsy but for what your paying and what you get I'm totally fine with that because once I do my brows I don't retouch them. With the wax it's not needed so I can leave it home so the packaging is not an issue for me.

I don't want that harsh fake brow and this looks like my brows but defined and better! I love it and for 4$ it's perfect! A really excellent product that will last a long time and worth it to me because I love doing a full eye so having good brows is a definite need. So glad I got this and recommend it because it's full proof so you really can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by psitsnottoolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this a week ago for $8.99 CAD plus tax. I love how natural this looks when I fill in my brows. I use a combination of both colors plus the wax and my brows look so full and lush. The packaging is a bit flimsy, but is not too big of a problem. The brushes are pretty crappy though, but I pretty much expected that since they aren't exactly the star of the show.

Overall, I LOVE this product! Great price for the quality of the powder.
Will repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by WhittneyNichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product overall is very decent. The wax that it comes with doesn't give my eyebrows that natural look that I'm really hoping for, it makes them look when I use an eyebrow pencil. When I use just the powder it actually makes them look at least a little real. The tool is perfect for shaping the brows.
I have extremely light eyebrows that it sometimes looks like I don't have eyebrows at all. Which is really weird because my hair is a medium brown so you would think my eyebrows would match, but no.. Just my luck, right?
But this definitely helps.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start off, I NEVER color in my eyebrows. I feel like it looks way to fake on me. Ive tried pencils & markers and i couldn't seem to get it right. I finally decided to try powder since i heard it looks more natural and boy do i love it! I am obsessed with NYX products! This product is so inexpensive and works great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:49:00 AM More reviews by samology

Great colour combination for me (I'm raven-haired) - taupe for less dramatic days, brown for days where I feel dressier. Colour pay-off is really good, & the wax helps to tame my brows into my place.

The brush that comes with it is crap though. Stiff & doesn't do ANYTHING. I purchased my own brow brush. Also, the plastic transparent lid broke off its hinges fairly quickly even though I didn't even bring it around, left it home most of the time. Hope they improve on the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would repurchase this product unless I find something better in the meantime.

The problem for me is that my hair is brown but my eyebrows are more of an ash light brown. Most of the time when I use a brown brow pencil its too warm and my brows look reddish. Most brown pencils also tend to be too dark as my skin is quite pale.

So far, in terms of colouring this product has been the best. I use the lighter colour of the two as this makes my brows look most natural.

I dont use the wax so much. I only use the little comb brush from this kit, the other brush is hopeless. Would love to find a product that ticks all the boxes when it comes to my brows, however, this one has been the closest so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Mishybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes.. and was having a hard time looking for an eyebrow powder that would not look too harsh. This is a good match for me. The powder stays on well. I use a clear brow gel after filling sparse areas with the darker brown powder. It's so cheap..bought this at ulta for 5.99. will def repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by ZaraPhillipa

I have been trying to find the perfect eyebrow colour for the past 2 years. Every eyebrow colour I find is either too dark or it's a really weird red brown colour.

After doing a bit of research i decided to try NYX and omg it is the PERFECT colour! Finally a colour that looks natural and doesn't have a red tinge to it.

I love both of the colours - I didn't find there was too much of a difference between them to be honest. The wax is good too, you only need a tiny bit brushed on really lightly.

This will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually bought a backup and I'm not even close to finished with my current one. This stuff is awesome! It holds up to the heat, water, sleep, lol etc. its seriously good stuff, oh and the wax is amazing too.