April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by kylie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love most Dior perfumes, but i really don't like this one. Smells like a man fragrance to me. Lucky i got it in a little size in a gift set of Diors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kiune

Mamma mia! This is a beautiful and extremely sexy scent. It is one of the only ones I've ever smelled that make me smile...and smile when it's ON ME! I am all the more surprised because it contains patchouli which up until now I have detested on myself as it smelled rank and overpowering.

This perfume is rich and heavy and intoxicating but also bright and sparkling and charmingly playful (the sweet orange sorbet that I get is what makes this happen for me). The orange sorbet I get is what I had originally thought Shalimar would do for me but never did (getting all heavy and too domineering on me). I've always been on the lookout for a lovely warm skin-like scent that had a spicy kick with that elusive orange scent and I've found it! The patchouli also makes it smell very clean. CLEAN? Yes! Like I just showered and I have a baby's fresh scent. A little disconcerting but I'll take it for all the other things I do like about it. I just have to figure out how to make it last stronger on my skin as it tends to eat up scents pretty quickly. Spraying in my hair is helping.

I adore the bottle shape (esp the small 30 ml one) as it fits so well into the palm of my hand. The midnight blue color is GORGEOUS and one of my favorite colors. I can't believe my current HG scent is in a bottle of my favorite color. I've been wondering if the reason why I like the scent so much is because of the color... but I know that's not the case.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This one smells old-ladyish to me. It starts off spicy but the drydown is super powdery with a little spice. The bottle is pretty, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like mainly sweet light perfumes, especially during the daytime. So this is a definate change for me! It is a heavy, slightly masculine and musky scent that is very heavy on the amber. If you like the smell of amber then you should like this. I only wear this when I'm going out on the town because it is an overpoweringly seductive scent that is OTT for during the day imo. Will definately buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This smells very similar to Paco Rabanne's Ultraviolet. In other words, it's a generic oriental which is syrupy sweet and smells rather artificial. The drydown is a bit more tolerable than the opening.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Paulaschoicefan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best perfume I have tried. I swear it got me my present job. When the interviewer sat down with me, the first he said was "Gosh you smell wonderful, I love that perfume." Hey and I got the job! A friend at work also comments everyday. She says the smell put her in a calm mood for the day, and she makes a comment when I've forgotten to wear it!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't had any luck with the Poison fragrances and this was no exception. I love the other Christian Dior fragrances but can not wear the Poison ones. This one smelled like a combination of incense, men's perfume and bug spray. Not a good combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Pipi_hb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got a smaple Dior Midnight Poison from Sephera. I tried it when I first I got it since I am a huge fan of Poison. Dior did not let me down, I fall in love with it right away!
The rich sexy mystery scent is perfect for night or special occasion. "

Christian Dior Midnight Poison is the perfume for a modern Cinderella that intices a magical spell upon its wearer and anyone who senses it. Christian Dior Midnight Poison is a mysterious rose based perfume, richly layered over an oriental bed of amber and patchouli.

Christian Dior Midnight Poison is a mysterious and ensual fragrance with a fruity opening built around citrus tones. Christian Dior Midnight Poison has a heart of mysterious black rose, strengthened with patchouli, and an oriental trail of amber, French vanilla and ambrox.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very sweet, oriental fragrance. Reminds me of a dark colored candy with some spice added. The drydown is actually quite nice when the patchouli starts to come through. But, my feeling is that the fragrance is quite shallow. If there were more depth - ie. spice, amber, something to fill out, it would have been a nice fragrance. Love the dark blue bottle and the scent is long lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pupiq

At first very sharp, smoky and men's aftershave smelling. Dries down to something less dramatic and despite being a little overhelming, this perfume is by no means extraordinary. But oriental woody fans may like it.