November 24, 2014 | 1984 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Perfect neutral base for all!!
It's a light peachy beige with a creme finish and it is so buttery. Dries in a minute or so you do have some time to blend it out unlike with Maybelline Color Tattoos. Medium coverage so that's awesome as it cancels out any discolorations. Keep the eyeshadows from creasing and all that jazz.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I've used this as an eye shadow base for the past year. I'm nc45 so it's much lighter than my skintone, so it works well making my shadows pop. My shadows last all day without creasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use my UDPP first, then I apply this and I get no creasing or fading of my shadows. I tend to have oily lids so this is the best way for me. It blends well, I just warm it up with my finger and apply. Perfect, I think everyone needs this in their makeup collection. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

So after using UDPP for a long time, I decided to switch it up a bit and try a MAC paint pot in Painterly. My goal was to use this as a neutralizer for my eyelids especially because I have veins that are not so subtle. It does the job better than anything else out there and it also extends the life of my eye look. Great base for any look. I was at the MAC counter yesterday and saw all of the different colors for different looks. Definitely HG. Side note. I will also use this on days with no makeup and it is beautiful. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by KB333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has so far been my HG primer! It makes my eyeshadows look so beautiful. I never have a problem with creasing and my shadows last all day long! I'm also able to get true pigmentation out of my colors. LOVE IT!

Check out my review at youtube.com/xoKEEBUUxo

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MrsBaddieBrown

I brought this product by accident and decided to keep it. I like it but I don't love it. It does crease on me at times but not with every use. I do grab for other bases depending on the time of day and how long I will be out. I also use it as a base and on my lips when I have nudes I really wanna bring out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Daisibear

I like the color. I just don't think it works that well. I used it with Mac shadows and it still creased. I tried it for several weeks with different color and different finish shadows, tried applying a thinner layer and it still creased. I love Mac just not the paint pot. I do use the paint in untitled. Definitely a must try if the paint pot doesn't work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used this paint pot as a primer for years. It's a flesh toned cream eyeshadow base/eyeshadow primer. I have dry eyelids and it's a little thick, so I put it on with my finger. You only need a small amount. You have to make sure you put the lid on as soon as you get out the product, or it will dry up really fast. I don't use this by itself, I feel like it isn't enough. I put my UDPP on first, then this. I use the UDPP to prevent creasing, and Painterly to help the eyeshadow stay on all day. It's a really good combo.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works great as a eye primer or just as a everyday shade. I like that it doesnt have shimmers and blends well. It is a bit dark and pinkish tone for me. I think it work great for fair skin tones. I would try soft ochre next!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by creamdeviolet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nice pink tone for cool undertone people, however it sometimes look to dark for my nw10 skin. It dried out too quickly, and for oily eyelid it can not keep shadow more than 6-7hr