MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 12/19/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted something for a base color/primer and was rec'd this. Unfortunately it just pulls too pink on my NC15 skin. And since it looks pink, it makes the colors I wear on top look weird. The formula is fine, I do like Soft Ochre and Chilled on Ice.

on 12/19/2014 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the second time I have tried this product and infortunately it;s the same problem.
The blue undertone looks grey on me and make me look deathly ill.
The consistency is fine but irritated my eyelids so that they are now red.
Think I'm better off using my concealer as an eyeshadow primer.

on 12/19/2014 2:52:00 AM

Pretty neutral. I wish I bought one with at leat some shimmer so I don't have to use eyeshadow. This would work for those who are more elaborate with their eye make-up. I've just started wearing eye makeup because i need a smudgeproof, waterproof eye product due to allergies.

For everyday I'll get a neutral one like Perky (out of stock when i went) or a shimmery rose one when one comes out.

on 12/15/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of those products that is absolutely bulletproof and works to its maximum potential and a holy grail- for the first few months. After that the performance just declines. There's a lot of product in the pot (which should be because the price is ridiculous) but it dries out after a while which is really disappointing. A lot of the reviews say that it actually doesnt work as well as a primer which is totally true, its more of an evening base.

on 12/1/2014 5:19:00 PM

I can't live without it. It is the perfect base or just use it by itself to brighten your eye.

on 11/11/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This has become a makeup staple for me. I use this as a base for whatever eyeshadow look I want to do. I do not have extremely oily eyelids, so I do not use any other primer under this product. I have never experienced creasing or fading with this product, but it is very creamy so I make sure to apply a very thin layer. It doesn't show up on my NW15 skin, which is what I wanted. It is perfect for covering veins, brightening the upper lid (on it's own) or acting as a base for eyeshadows. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, however I worry about dropping/breaking the glass base.

on 11/1/2014 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

One of the only things in my stash that I *know* I will run through in the near future. This is an amazing eye shadow base and a fall-back for everyday make-up for me to correct lid discoloration. Best application method I've found includes patting and blending across the lid with a fluffy brush, then sweeping a matte neutral all over (to set and improve subsequent shadow blendability). You will likely need to use a primer underneath to keep it from creasing.

Pros:
* very opaque
* creamy application
* perfect for paler skin tones
* helps show true shadow colors
* evens skin tone
* very generous amount of product
* long-lasting

Cons:
* needs primer
* needs to be stored upside-down to stay creamy

on 10/15/2014 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like how easy this is to use. I just buff a little all over my eyelid from lash line to brow with the 217 brush and I get a nicely even appearance. It's a shade or two darker than my skin tone but it still looks very natural. For reference I'm about a NW5-10, with light hazel eyes and blonde hair. A lot of times I like doing a minimal face with just a little concealer, colored lip balm, cream blush, and mascara, and the effect is kinda ruined by my eyelids, which can be pinkish or tired looking from allergies or lack of sleep. This works perfectly to give me that clean bare look and it helps me look rested and polished. I tend to use it a couple times a week, occasionally adding Groundwork to the crease. I haven't tried it as a base/primer for other shadows yet, but I'll have to give it a shot (usually I use the Nars primer for most eyeshadows).

Feels creamy and thin, which is great since I hate heavy products on my skin. A little goes such a long way. I imagine I'll have this pot for a few years. I can see why this is a staple for so many people. I've only had it a few weeks and I already love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is easily in my top 10 MAC products. I use several of the Paint Pot shades and find them better than any other eye base that I've tried. Painterly is my most used and most repurchased Paint Pot shade.

Painterly Paint Pot is a cool-toned creme-finished nude cream eye shadow that works as a base for power eye shadows. It has incredible staying power and give great vibrancy to whatever you layer over the top. Painterly also is very opaque and easily blanks out any redness or discolouration on the eyelid, giving your eye shadows a smoother and more even appearance.

Have gone through several pots of this product and will continue to repurchase.

on 10/2/2014 4:34:00 AM

I originally bought this after seeing many, many YouTubers use paint pots in their videos, but as it retails for over $30 here in Australia I was very hesitant to buy it.. However, I'm so glad I did!! I have extremely oily eyelids, to the point where I have to wipe my finger over them to rid the excess oil before even applying this (grooosss, I know) but this is a dream. I've only tried two other eyelid primers - the NYX Eyeshadow Base and the Australis one - and neither of them worked for me. This, however, holds up so amazingly - I can get through a 10 hour shift at Maccas with only a tiny bit of creasing! Even lower quality eyeshadows appear vibrant and stay on well, and the product is opaque and creamy enough to cancel out all the pigmentation on my eyelids.

The other thing I love about this is that although it is quite expensive, the product will last you forever. I lost my first one after over a year of having it (I somehow managed to accidentally throw it in the rubbish, I'm still annoyed) and I had still barely used a tenth, and that was using it at least 3-4 days a week. I tried the two alternatives listed above, but it was no cigar - I had to repurchase this and do not regret it! This is almost HG, except I find that if I do not wait long enough before applying eyeshadow it can cause some problems with blending - but that's more my fault than anything!

Top Rated MAC Products