December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best flat iron I have ever owned. I have the limited edition white-and-pink-patterned Professional 1" Styler with pink plates. It's really cute.

In the past, I have owned two CHI Turbo's, an FHI, and a T3. The ghd is on a completely different level than its competitors. You seriously can't even compare a ghd to a CHI...it's just not fair to the CHI. If you're trying to decide which quality flat iron to buy, go with the ghd. It's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I've had my GHD for about 4 years now, and I think it's the best beauty related investment that I've made. Yes, it's fairly expensive for a hair straightener, but I think if you use heat regularly on your hair then it's a good option since excessive heat can damage your hair. Before this, I had a cheaper one which straightened my hair, but made my hair appear dull and looked a little damaged each time I straightened it. Plus, it would always leave me with fly-aways so it wasn't always perfectly straight.
Even though my hair is naturally straight, it's quite thick so the ends of my hair fly and stick all over the place in the morning, and since I usually like wearing it down, I like using this to get my hair sleek and straight (especially near the tips). My hair looks shiny afterwards, and it stays straight (provided it doesn't rain or get super humid). I don't get that dry and damaged look like I have with other straighteners in the past, plus I only have to go over a section once compared with multiple times with my older straightener.
This is also good to use for curling hair (there are tutorials on youtube) but takes a bit more effort than a curling iron in my opinion. Has not broken yet, but if it ever does I will definitely repurchase! :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kaybay

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have thick, very wavy mid-length hair so i consider mysef an expert in using a straight iron. I have been using a FHI flat iron for years and recently decided to purchase the GHD after reading all of the glowing reviews.

I hesitantly purchased the GHD Gold Series after being told by a sales rep at Sephora that this was the newest model that replaced the IV series. She also promised that i could return it for a full refund if i didn't like the GHD.

i had a miserable experience. It heated quickly but never seemed to stay very hot. There is no dial to adjust the temperature. It does not grip the hair tightly and i have thick, coarse hair. Needless to say, it is going back to the store tomorrow.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by ul28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is only one thing you need for 4S hair (sleek, straight, shinny, sexy) : THIS!!!
If you don't have the money, beg, pray, steel, whatever, but you need a GHD in your life if you are a female person (all of us should be born with one of this, even Goldilocks, when she grows up). Seriously, how can I have lived 38 years without it? No idea. Anyways, I have very thick and coarse hair, over the shoulder and seriously damaged after a highlighting disaster (went through almost the whole colour spectrum), but still, this has changed the way my hair feels. I blow almost dry with my Rowenta Brush Active and finish up with a few strokes of my GHD. Pure sultry perfection! I often get asked what I have done to look younger, lol! It's kind of going from Prince Charming to Jessica Rabbit in terms of hair. To sum up in 3 words: get. this. now!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by kaisofine

I love my ghd iron. I have the Pure White limited edition. The packaging was crazy (I'm a sucker for packing, i almost didn't want to throw it away) and it came with a pretty carrying case. The performance is great, but I knew that prior to purchasing it. A friend used it in my hair 2x's. I was so in love with the results that i decided it was time to retire my 6 yr old Chi turbo (also a good iron) and upgraded to the GHD. I don't see me going back to the Chi brand. I love that there is no wait time for it to heat up.

I brought mine from Amazon (the company NOT the marketplace) for $150 and it was real!

My hair is course African American hair. I'm in the process of growing out my perm.The ghd flat iron works great with both of my textures of hair.

update: i wish i would have got a color other then white...it stains

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by hotpinklips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying what my hair type is. Very very thick (and somewhat coarse) wavy hair, that frizzes easily in humidity and naturally blond with highlights (but only about 1 time a year..not too damaged).

My main problem was frizziness and puffiness that a blowdryer could just not help.

Enter GHD.

Amazing. Just, amazing. I start by clipping most of my hair up onto my head and just working my way up in small sections. I never need to go over a piece of hair twice with this straightener, and it not only makes hair smooth, it makes it SOFT. shiny...not so much, but the texture i get from this styler is wonderful. I always use a heat protectant, and do not get split ends from this.

Yes, its expensive, but the amount i use it totally made it worth it. I can do my thick thick hair in 10 minutes. I cannot even begin to say how many people compliment me on my hair now.

The actual iron is small and sleek, so great for travel, and should it ever break, I would replace immediately. HG hair tool, and will definitely stay this way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have the pink ghd in support of break cancer, it is all white with pink designs and it is very cute (i am a sucker for marketing, go figure)

i also have the sedu straightener and i can def tell the difference. the ghd is just that much better and straightens sooo well (I have thicker curly hair) If you have the money, buy the ghd as it is a quality product. For $185 canadian. it is worth the investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Swalk88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using GHD's for about 7 years and could not cope without them!!! In a different league from the rest. For about 1 year before I found these I used to iron my hair, literally, as no straighteners done the job quite as well. My hair is quite fine and naturally straight but these make it totally poker straight and lovely, silky smooth!!I I do get split ends but a little trim fixes that. Also always use a protector before which helps! I am on my second set and I think I paid 190. Well worth it, use them every day and would repurchase without a thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by babykins080305

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So i bought my GHD as part of the urban angel set for $230 at Sephora on Feb 2010, and last night it died on me. I was devastated! Don't get me wrong, it died because i tried using it to depot mac e/s (stupid i know!) and i think it overheated due to the foil.
i have to say though as a hair iron, GHD rocks my world. It seriously is the BEST hair iron out there, it straightens my hair like no other. I've used a lot of cheap hair irons since I've started caring about how i looked and man, there's just no comparing them.
I have straight asian hair but it gets so frizzy and poofy especially after it's been freshly washed even after I've blow dried it, the GHD just smooths it and makes it all shiny, silky, and soft. I don't really use any products on my hair (i try to avoid putting gunk on my hair as much as possible) except to the Moroccan Oil and I'm telling you i for the 11 months that I've used it i never developed split ends! Also after I've straightened my hair and went on with my day, (even after rolling around in bed sleeping) my hair is still nice, smooth, and silky straight the next day. I don't really have to do anything except run the GHD through it quickly before going out (i put up my hair in a ponytail and in a shower cap when i shower again so it gets crimped a little from the hair tie).
I'm glad that for as expensive the GHD is, it comes with a 2 year warranty. So when it died on me yesterday, (after panicking for an hour!!!) i went online to get the GHD customer service number and called them. They were very nice and helpful and i just told them that it won't turn on anymore and i told them that I've only had it for 11 months. They told me to bring it back to Sephora with proof of purchase and they should replace it with a new one because of the 2 year warranty, if not, they said to call them back and they would send me a form and after they would send me a new one within 14 days. So off i went to Sephora and they happily replaced it for me! I'm so happy now and all is right in my world again. I hope this review will help someone who's considering on getting a GHD, it's totally worth the money. think of it as an investment that would last you a long time [just don't use it for depotting e/s! i know that was stupid and I'm still smacking myself for doing it even if i had a gut feeling that it was a bad idea >:( ].
p.s. the Ghd customer service person also told me that with the replacement iron, you get a whole new 2 year warranty with receipt. hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by canadiangirl7861

I love this straightener!!! it has really changed my hair for the better, it is soo soft and silky now.