GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

on 6/22/2011 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The BEST straightener I've tried so far.

The only con is you can't control the temp. and it gets HOT.

I recommend the 1" because the 2" is heavier and doesn't make a difference (I've had both).

on 6/4/2011 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was skeptical about buying one of these, since a) I hated fussing with my thick, dry, wavy blasian hair and b) it was hella expensive. But, I saw one of the LE ones (Pure Dark) for under $150 at my stylist's one day, and snatched it up before anyone else could. It's been several years now, and I regret the purchase not one bit. It's slim, easy to clean, starts up lightning quick, and the included carrying case makes it easy to transport. Back when I was using cheapo straightening irons my curl would come back within a day, but not with the GHD, my hair stays straight until I wash it out. Used together with the GHD hair protecting spray my hair is glossy, straight. and healthy. I used to always keep my hair short for ease, now I have it long and lustrous. The day this iron finally dies, I'll run out and immediately buy another...one of the blue ones if they're still available then. :)

on 5/29/2011 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

The best flat iron I have ever owned. I have the limited edition white-and-pink-patterned Professional 1" Styler with pink plates. It's really cute.

In the past, I have owned two CHI Turbo's, an FHI, and a T3. The ghd is on a completely different level than its competitors. You seriously can't even compare a ghd to a CHI...it's just not fair to the CHI. If you're trying to decide which quality flat iron to buy, go with the ghd. It's worth every penny.

on 4/25/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had my GHD for about 4 years now, and I think it's the best beauty related investment that I've made. Yes, it's fairly expensive for a hair straightener, but I think if you use heat regularly on your hair then it's a good option since excessive heat can damage your hair. Before this, I had a cheaper one which straightened my hair, but made my hair appear dull and looked a little damaged each time I straightened it. Plus, it would always leave me with fly-aways so it wasn't always perfectly straight.
Even though my hair is naturally straight, it's quite thick so the ends of my hair fly and stick all over the place in the morning, and since I usually like wearing it down, I like using this to get my hair sleek and straight (especially near the tips). My hair looks shiny afterwards, and it stays straight (provided it doesn't rain or get super humid). I don't get that dry and damaged look like I have with other straighteners in the past, plus I only have to go over a section once compared with multiple times with my older straightener.
This is also good to use for curling hair (there are tutorials on youtube) but takes a bit more effort than a curling iron in my opinion. Has not broken yet, but if it ever does I will definitely repurchase! :D

on 4/20/2011 4:18:00 PM

I have thick, very wavy mid-length hair so i consider mysef an expert in using a straight iron. I have been using a FHI flat iron for years and recently decided to purchase the GHD after reading all of the glowing reviews.

I hesitantly purchased the GHD Gold Series after being told by a sales rep at Sephora that this was the newest model that replaced the IV series. She also promised that i could return it for a full refund if i didn't like the GHD.

i had a miserable experience. It heated quickly but never seemed to stay very hot. There is no dial to adjust the temperature. It does not grip the hair tightly and i have thick, coarse hair. Needless to say, it is going back to the store tomorrow.

on 4/14/2011 8:19:00 AM

There is only one thing you need for 4S hair (sleek, straight, shinny, sexy) : THIS!!!
If you don't have the money, beg, pray, steel, whatever, but you need a GHD in your life if you are a female person (all of us should be born with one of this, even Goldilocks, when she grows up). Seriously, how can I have lived 38 years without it? No idea. Anyways, I have very thick and coarse hair, over the shoulder and seriously damaged after a highlighting disaster (went through almost the whole colour spectrum), but still, this has changed the way my hair feels. I blow almost dry with my Rowenta Brush Active and finish up with a few strokes of my GHD. Pure sultry perfection! I often get asked what I have done to look younger, lol! It's kind of going from Prince Charming to Jessica Rabbit in terms of hair. To sum up in 3 words: get. this. now!

on 4/2/2011 3:23:00 PM

I love my ghd iron. I have the Pure White limited edition. The packaging was crazy (I'm a sucker for packing, i almost didn't want to throw it away) and it came with a pretty carrying case. The performance is great, but I knew that prior to purchasing it. A friend used it in my hair 2x's. I was so in love with the results that i decided it was time to retire my 6 yr old Chi turbo (also a good iron) and upgraded to the GHD. I don't see me going back to the Chi brand. I love that there is no wait time for it to heat up.

I brought mine from Amazon (the company NOT the marketplace) for $150 and it was real!

My hair is course African American hair. I'm in the process of growing out my perm.The ghd flat iron works great with both of my textures of hair.

update: i wish i would have got a color other then white...it stains

on 3/29/2011 5:09:00 PM

Let me start by saying what my hair type is. Very very thick (and somewhat coarse) wavy hair, that frizzes easily in humidity and naturally blond with highlights (but only about 1 time a year..not too damaged).

My main problem was frizziness and puffiness that a blowdryer could just not help.

Enter GHD.

Amazing. Just, amazing. I start by clipping most of my hair up onto my head and just working my way up in small sections. I never need to go over a piece of hair twice with this straightener, and it not only makes hair smooth, it makes it SOFT. shiny...not so much, but the texture i get from this styler is wonderful. I always use a heat protectant, and do not get split ends from this.

Yes, its expensive, but the amount i use it totally made it worth it. I can do my thick thick hair in 10 minutes. I cannot even begin to say how many people compliment me on my hair now.

The actual iron is small and sleek, so great for travel, and should it ever break, I would replace immediately. HG hair tool, and will definitely stay this way.

on 1/29/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i have the pink ghd in support of break cancer, it is all white with pink designs and it is very cute (i am a sucker for marketing, go figure)

i also have the sedu straightener and i can def tell the difference. the ghd is just that much better and straightens sooo well (I have thicker curly hair) If you have the money, buy the ghd as it is a quality product. For $185 canadian. it is worth the investment!

on 1/28/2011 6:19:00 AM

I have been using GHD's for about 7 years and could not cope without them!!! In a different league from the rest. For about 1 year before I found these I used to iron my hair, literally, as no straighteners done the job quite as well. My hair is quite fine and naturally straight but these make it totally poker straight and lovely, silky smooth!!I I do get split ends but a little trim fixes that. Also always use a protector before which helps! I am on my second set and I think I paid 190. Well worth it, use them every day and would repurchase without a thought.