Lancome Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

3.5

on 12/29/2009 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this and I am impressed with it. This is the best mascara I have ever had... Separates, curls and has a really clean and volumized effect. I really love it, the brush is also really nice but it is way soo expensive so I don't think I would buy it, maybe when I used up all my other mascaras and if I save some money for it... :(

EDIT: I realized that at the end of the day the color of it kinda disappears and flakes a bit too. After a couple of days started to irritate my eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've tried a few Lancome mascaras over the years and this is definitely the best for my long but fine and straight lashes. The brush is curved, which follows your natural eyelash line, so it's perfect for getting right to the roots.

I wiggle the brush repeatedly when coating my lashes, and comb under and over my lashes, top and bottom, whichs really thickens my lashes and makes them appear super long. I still have to use an eyelash curler before and after the mascara, as I have Asian eyelashes, which are naturally very straight. Lasts all day and night, too.

Shit-hot stuff, and worth the expense for everyday use.

on 12/2/2009 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this mascara... long story short
*separates really really well
*curls really really well
* lenghtens really really well
* no flaking
* no smudging
* absolutely no clumping

and it wasn't that expensive for me cause i bought it at the airport ... i think i got 2 for $30 (australian dollars)

on 11/29/2009 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've got rather long eyelashes on my own, but I need mascara to give me those long, black, full lashes. This mascara truly delivers. Four people have asked me if I'm wearing false eyelashes while wearing this mascara. One friend, two SA and my boyfriends father(!). If you can get your boyfriends father to notice your lashes, to me, that means that I've done something right. Despite this, my favorite thing about this mascara is that it actually curls my lashes. I'm not a frequent user of eyelash curlers, but this makes me wonder what I need them for. If I could make a single wish, it would be that it would give my lashes a tiny bit more volume. Other than that, this is perfect!

mehh...this was ok...didn't really help keep my lashes curled really, just a basic mascara and didn't give me too muh volume either..sad to say because I love Lancome! Hypnose is so much better.

on 11/24/2009 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This says something about "black carat" on the tube but I did not get it in the black carat - I got it in regular black. Wow......this is seriously the most amazing mascara I have ever used. It's expensive but I think it's definitely worth paying more for the quality. My tiny little lashes come alive with this stuff. It thickens, lengthens,curls and separates like no other mascara I have ever tried. And it stays put all day (and night) without ever losing it's curl or flaking/smearing. I recently fell asleep without washing my face and the next morning my eyelashes looked as freshly done as they had when I first applied it. It only takes a couple of coats b/c it really grips on to your lashes. I love this!!!

on 11/24/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After trying many mascaras highly rated on Makeup Alley (Cover Girl Blast (orange tube) & Max Factor 1000 Calorie - I find this one to be the best! Although it's more pricey than I would like, it'll be a repeat purchase.

on 11/19/2009 4:47:00 PM

I LOVE this product!! By far one of my most favorite mascaras!!! I make sure to use the Lancome primer under it or it tends to clump. The only negative I would say it is does seem to dry a little faster than other mascaras. I'm not sure why.
But it works wonderfully!! It gives me a TON of volume and curl!

on 11/16/2009 3:38:00 AM

Please note that I have short, sparse lashes, and any kind of thickening mascara weighs down my lashes and looks clumpy. My lashes are hard to curl without a eye lash curler, so this did not curl my lashes at all.

This mascara adds enough volume to make it look natural. It lengthens my lashes a tad. And it looks really nice for everyday wear. Nothing too dramatic. I only apply about one or two coats. Anything more will look clumpy.

The mascara is a somewhat dry compared to other mascaras I've used before. But it still applies well. The wand is curved, so it takes a bit of getting used too, and applying it on the lower lashes is kinda hard.

Overall, this is my favorite everyday mascara but when I run out, I'm going to look for a cheaper alternative.

on 10/27/2009 10:27:00 PM

I absolutely love this mascara - full and long lashes with minimal clumping, smudging and fuss. So easy to wear, I just brush 2 coats on and my lashes look so much longer and fuller.

However, like the other posters, it does tend to dry up very easily, but I think I can live with it. I've had mine for close to 2 months and it still works fairly well so I'm happy!

Also I discovered although it's a great mascara on its own, it doesn't layer very well. Tried layering it with a mascara for volume but it just got really clumpy and all.