September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the 1" titanium iron. It was around 100 bucks. The only reason why I considered this one over a Chi was because I've heard so many people tell me how their's broke within 6 months.
It heats up fast.
It only took 15 min. to do my hair vs. 30.
soft and silky
I'm just worried that it will damage my hair. So I keep it at 30-35
for the money it should come with a heat protecting pouch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I have straight hair, but it gets bendy/wavy at the ends. I was looking for a mini flat iron to straighten out my bangs so that they stay sleek and side-swept and found this on sale at TJ Maxx for $24.99. This straightens small sections of hair perfectly without frying it and the size allows you to get close to the scalp. I don't notice more shine, but my hair is pretty shiny already. It heats up very quickly and never feels too hot (there are some flat irons this size that you need thermal gloves to hold!) I hope this is durable, because now I've gotten used to how good my bangs look and don't want to pay the full retail price for this baby.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaKral

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OMG best straightener EVER! Don't buy the T3 or the GHD or A CHI . BUY THIS! It gets so hot.Straightened my LONG THICK AND CURLY hair. For reference If my hair is brushed out it will be clown looking . This my ladies, is a must have. I have a chi but no longer will I ever use that. Its all about this iron! But it. I got it online as it is not sold in stores. My hair feels SOOO soft. Thank you Babyliss!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GeminisMommy

I purchased the 1/2 inch mini at TJ Maxx for $24.99 (it was available in pink and baby blue). Posessing a simple on/off switch, it lacks the temperature adjustment setting of it's larger counterparts, but for the price, I can't complain. Heats quickly and despite it's diminuitive size, this baby packs a punch. It straightens my superfine semi wavy hair in one swipe, instead of multiple pass overs, and leaves it smooth and shiny all day. I rarely wear my hair straight, so I can't justify spending more than what I did, say, "upgrading" to the 1 inch version, especially since the mini more than exceeds my expectations, but if you straighten your hair on a regular basis, I definitely recommend splurging for the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by tiff22

I've only owned 3 irons.. an Andis, a CHI, and this Babyliss one, and this one is the best one, hands down, no contest. It gets the hottest, heats up the fastest, is easy to use, and leaves my hair straight and silky (which is a very hard thing to do!) My stylist uses this iron and when I saw what fab results it gave I knew I would have to get one for myself, so I got one off Ebay for like 70 bucks.. (stylist told me it cost her $100). Love it!! I paid $110 for my CHI and it's a piece of junk compared to this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

I've been trying to look for a decent flat iron for a while. Though my Asian hair is short, I have long side bangs. After I take a shower, the ends tend to curl when they dry. It didn't look very flattering. I didn't want to get a cheap brand straightener that doesn't work, nor did I want an overly expensive one.

Lucky for me, the Marshalls near my house was having a store wide clearance. I got the 1/2 plate model, which is perfect for my short hair, for only 24.99 USD. When I got home, I took it out of the package, and plugged it in. I loved how it heated up immediately and there were no snags when I ran it through my hair.

The results were AMAZING. It straightened out my annoying split bangs without over drying or damaging it. Another thing I love about it is it's size. It's small enough for me to carry around in my purse. I just plug it in and in less than a few minutes I have straight ends.

However, I do suggest that you treat you hair first before using it. Girls with already damaged hair have had problems involving this product. So condition your hair properly and go easy on those hair chemicals. I do highly recommend it to women with more tamed hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by spiderwoman999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Adore this straightener. My roommate had the Chi and it worked wonderfully on her hair so I thought I'd shell out and get one too. I started wondering why her hair would be lovely and mine would still be wavy. I have Looooong curly/wavy hair, (think Shakira) and then it dawned on me, 'Hey dummy it's b/c her hair isn't naturally curly' lol. So I got this iron because it has an adjustable digital heat setting. I use it on the 375 degree increment and my hair is gorgeously glossy and straight. I don't even bother blow drying. I just air dry and then run this through my hair. I bought the 1 and 3/4 inch size for my mid-back length hair. It does my hair in a quarter of the time the Chi did. I only have to pass it over my hair twice for poker straight shine and I love how the titanium plates NEVER catch my hair and tug. I get compliments everywhere I go. Its like I got a professional blowout. It even seems to change the texture of my hair and inhibits any frizz whatsoever. I live in San Fran and sometimes the fog and rain can wreck havoc on my mane. After using this straightener I can go out in the rain without any of the Poof! I couldn't live without it. I will definitely repurchase. Another great perk is the FOUR year warranty. Un-heard of! Goes to show this company knows it's made a superior product and has the balls to back it up. Love it, and I got a deal on it too so I can't argue with the price. I'd pay double what they are asking however, that is how much I need this iron.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by chibigurl13

I own the 1/2 inch version of his straightener and it is affordable and amazing. Heats up real fast and stays hot. I have naturally straight asian hair, but my hair gets a bit wavy and unbelieveably hard to tame sometimes after a night of sleep. The 1/2 inch gets really close to the scalp. It also makes great curls when the occasion calls for them. The only down side is that there is no heat setting on this version as suppose to the 1 inch and up versions. But overall I'm very satisfied. I would buy this again if my current one breaks down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

I bought this on Amazon (Beauty Center Online) for $87, the 1.25 inch for hair 3 inches longer than shoulder length. This is the first straightening iron I have owned, and it is worth the price. I use it only on weekends. Although I have straight hair, it leaves my hair more shiny and styled, so that every strand is in its place. I look more put together for any professional or leisure event.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is absolutely the best flat iron that i've ever used, and believe me, i have used a LOT! i've been buying/using flat irons since i was 13, so that makes for over twelve years of using them every single day. i have had irons from Sally's, Target, salons, Solano, CHI- you name it, i've owned/used it. i actually got a CHI for Christmas when i was 19 and used that off and on until about six months ago when it finally burned out for good. i spent a lot of time and did a lot of research trying to figure out the best iron to buy since they are expensive and i wanted to spend my money wisely, and finally settled on the Pro Nano Titanium. i am so ecstatically glad that i did! this iron heats up in seconds, stays hot the whole time you use it, has multiple heat settings for different hair types (and it's not the kind of iron where the only setting that actually works is the hottest one either-- i use it set on 375 degrees which is more than hot enough to straighten my fine but abundant, naturally wavy hair), is longer than normal irons which makes it easier and faster to use, is really sleek and cute looking, and the biggie: IT DOESN'T SNAG YOUR HAIR AT ALL WHILE YOU'RE USING IT! that is one of my biggest pet peeves, i LOATHE it when an iron snags and rips out strands of your hair as you're running it through the sections! also, in all my years of flat ironing i have never gotten my hair as straight and sleek as quickly as i get it with the Pro Nano. it takes exactly ONE pass through each section of hair to get it silky poker straight. it never burns my hair or dries it out either, which is a big factor when it comes to irons. also, it's very comfortable to use, and the buttons and dials are in a smart place on the iron so that you don't accidentally push them and turn it off while you're using it. another wonderful thing about this iron is the fact that it comes with a FOUR year warranty (when purchased from Folica.com). knowing that Babyliss will replace this iron for the next four years if something goes wrong with it makes it a whole lot easier to spend over $100 on it. i have used this iron every single day since i purchased it and would glady recommend it to anyone i possibly could. it is a little bit more expensive than similar popular irons like the Sedu or the Solia, but if you do any research on those you read tons of horror stories about them falling apart, breaking or just not working months after purchase. look at the ratings for the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium-- practically nothing but 5 stars! this iron is amazing, take the word of a flat ironing expert and spend the extra money on it, you won't be disappointed.