Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

on 5/9/2009 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After using this once, I immediately tossed my cheap Remington wet2straight and vowed to never use a drugstore iron again! This heated up in literally seconds, straightened perfectly, did not pull once, and left my hair shinier and softer. I'm hooked! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it to curl.

on 4/25/2009 3:06:00 AM

Overall this iron is nice. It straightens and curls as wanted. BUT! my hair gets caught on the edges of the plate. It tugs it and pulls it out! It's painful, I do NOT recommend this iron.

on 4/16/2009 9:04:00 PM

I got the 1" ultra thin titanium from Follica.com. They had a huge sale and I got it for $88 including shipping. I have owned 2 Chi Irons and both have broke shortly after the 1 year warranty. This flat iron gets hot very quick and I was able to straighten my hair much faster than with the Chi. It was hot and humid today. Normally, my hair would be frizzy and slightly wavy at the ends at the end of the day. Not today. My hair stayed straight and looked awesome all day. This comes with a 4 year warranty. I definately believe you get what you pay for when it comes to flat irons. Don't waste your money on any other one-the Babyliss is awesome =D

on 4/13/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the 1" titanium iron. It was around 100 bucks. The only reason why I considered this one over a Chi was because I've heard so many people tell me how their's broke within 6 months.
It heats up fast.
It only took 15 min. to do my hair vs. 30.
soft and silky
I'm just worried that it will damage my hair. So I keep it at 30-35
for the money it should come with a heat protecting pouch.

on 3/23/2009 11:01:00 PM

I have straight hair, but it gets bendy/wavy at the ends. I was looking for a mini flat iron to straighten out my bangs so that they stay sleek and side-swept and found this on sale at TJ Maxx for $24.99. This straightens small sections of hair perfectly without frying it and the size allows you to get close to the scalp. I don't notice more shine, but my hair is pretty shiny already. It heats up very quickly and never feels too hot (there are some flat irons this size that you need thermal gloves to hold!) I hope this is durable, because now I've gotten used to how good my bangs look and don't want to pay the full retail price for this baby.

on 3/5/2009 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OMG best straightener EVER! Don't buy the T3 or the GHD or A CHI . BUY THIS! It gets so hot.Straightened my LONG THICK AND CURLY hair. For reference If my hair is brushed out it will be clown looking . This my ladies, is a must have. I have a chi but no longer will I ever use that. Its all about this iron! But it. I got it online as it is not sold in stores. My hair feels SOOO soft. Thank you Babyliss!

on 2/26/2009 1:37:00 AM

I purchased the 1/2 inch mini at TJ Maxx for $24.99 (it was available in pink and baby blue). Posessing a simple on/off switch, it lacks the temperature adjustment setting of it's larger counterparts, but for the price, I can't complain. Heats quickly and despite it's diminuitive size, this baby packs a punch. It straightens my superfine semi wavy hair in one swipe, instead of multiple pass overs, and leaves it smooth and shiny all day. I rarely wear my hair straight, so I can't justify spending more than what I did, say, "upgrading" to the 1 inch version, especially since the mini more than exceeds my expectations, but if you straighten your hair on a regular basis, I definitely recommend splurging for the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium!

on 2/23/2009 5:27:00 PM

I've only owned 3 irons.. an Andis, a CHI, and this Babyliss one, and this one is the best one, hands down, no contest. It gets the hottest, heats up the fastest, is easy to use, and leaves my hair straight and silky (which is a very hard thing to do!) My stylist uses this iron and when I saw what fab results it gave I knew I would have to get one for myself, so I got one off Ebay for like 70 bucks.. (stylist told me it cost her $100). Love it!! I paid $110 for my CHI and it's a piece of junk compared to this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying to look for a decent flat iron for a while. Though my Asian hair is short, I have long side bangs. After I take a shower, the ends tend to curl when they dry. It didn't look very flattering. I didn't want to get a cheap brand straightener that doesn't work, nor did I want an overly expensive one.

Lucky for me, the Marshalls near my house was having a store wide clearance. I got the 1/2 plate model, which is perfect for my short hair, for only 24.99 USD. When I got home, I took it out of the package, and plugged it in. I loved how it heated up immediately and there were no snags when I ran it through my hair.

The results were AMAZING. It straightened out my annoying split bangs without over drying or damaging it. Another thing I love about it is it's size. It's small enough for me to carry around in my purse. I just plug it in and in less than a few minutes I have straight ends.

However, I do suggest that you treat you hair first before using it. Girls with already damaged hair have had problems involving this product. So condition your hair properly and go easy on those hair chemicals. I do highly recommend it to women with more tamed hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Adore this straightener. My roommate had the Chi and it worked wonderfully on her hair so I thought I'd shell out and get one too. I started wondering why her hair would be lovely and mine would still be wavy. I have Looooong curly/wavy hair, (think Shakira) and then it dawned on me, 'Hey dummy it's b/c her hair isn't naturally curly' lol. So I got this iron because it has an adjustable digital heat setting. I use it on the 375 degree increment and my hair is gorgeously glossy and straight. I don't even bother blow drying. I just air dry and then run this through my hair. I bought the 1 and 3/4 inch size for my mid-back length hair. It does my hair in a quarter of the time the Chi did. I only have to pass it over my hair twice for poker straight shine and I love how the titanium plates NEVER catch my hair and tug. I get compliments everywhere I go. Its like I got a professional blowout. It even seems to change the texture of my hair and inhibits any frizz whatsoever. I live in San Fran and sometimes the fog and rain can wreck havoc on my mane. After using this straightener I can go out in the rain without any of the Poof! I couldn't live without it. I will definitely repurchase. Another great perk is the FOUR year warranty. Un-heard of! Goes to show this company knows it's made a superior product and has the balls to back it up. Love it, and I got a deal on it too so I can't argue with the price. I'd pay double what they are asking however, that is how much I need this iron.

Top Rated Babyliss Products