Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

on 8/1/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

OMG this is my HG flat iron! it is absolutely amazing. the best one i have ever tried. it makes my hair so soft and silky. i have recomended it to all my friends and co-workers. you will not regret buying this!

on 7/23/2009 1:28:00 PM

Two years ago, I bought a CHI on Amazon.com, only to have it inexplicably break down seven months later. In the interim, I used a Conair Nano Silver straightening iron from Target and while it got the job done, after about a year, I noticed that its performance began to decline -- I needed to go over portions of hair multiple times to get it straight.

That's when I started researching all over MUA for a new iron. I found that the GHD flat iron is a big favorite around here, but the Babyliss came in a close second. I am not against paying a decent chunk of money for something that will make my hair look fantastic every day, but $245 for a GHD is out of my price range.

In the past seven years, I've tried a cheap Revlon flat iron for $15, a Conair for $80 and a CHI for $120. The Babyliss is a little more expensive than what I've paid for in the past, but I can tell it does a much better job than anything I've used before.

Pros:
1) It heats up almost instantly -- I don't have to wait around for five minutes for the plates to warm up.
2) I only have to go over my hair once and it's completely straight, without having that "fried" look I got from my Conair.
3) It has four temperature settings, which is another reason I was hesitant to buy the GHD -- I know they say that it self-adjusts the temperature based on what your hair needs, but I'm a control freak and need to be able to set it myself. ;)
4) It has a long cord, which is handy when you share a bathroom and constantly have to shuffle around someone else so you can both use the mirror.
5) The titanium plates run through my hair like a hot knife through butter (not to mention they look nicer than ceramic plates)

Cons:
1) The iron can get *very* hot -- I burned my fingers twice in the first week I owned this, just from accidentally brushing my hand against it.
2) It does not have an automatic shut-off feature like my Conair.
3) It's a little heavier than the Conair, but not as heavy as the CHI.

All in all, I am happy with my purchase so far and I'm just crossing my fingers that this will live a longer life than my CHI.

on 5/9/2009 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

After using this once, I immediately tossed my cheap Remington wet2straight and vowed to never use a drugstore iron again! This heated up in literally seconds, straightened perfectly, did not pull once, and left my hair shinier and softer. I'm hooked! Now all I have to do is figure out how to use it to curl.

on 4/25/2009 3:06:00 AM

Overall this iron is nice. It straightens and curls as wanted. BUT! my hair gets caught on the edges of the plate. It tugs it and pulls it out! It's painful, I do NOT recommend this iron.

on 4/16/2009 9:04:00 PM

I got the 1" ultra thin titanium from Follica.com. They had a huge sale and I got it for $88 including shipping. I have owned 2 Chi Irons and both have broke shortly after the 1 year warranty. This flat iron gets hot very quick and I was able to straighten my hair much faster than with the Chi. It was hot and humid today. Normally, my hair would be frizzy and slightly wavy at the ends at the end of the day. Not today. My hair stayed straight and looked awesome all day. This comes with a 4 year warranty. I definately believe you get what you pay for when it comes to flat irons. Don't waste your money on any other one-the Babyliss is awesome =D

on 4/13/2009 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the 1" titanium iron. It was around 100 bucks. The only reason why I considered this one over a Chi was because I've heard so many people tell me how their's broke within 6 months.
It heats up fast.
It only took 15 min. to do my hair vs. 30.
soft and silky
I'm just worried that it will damage my hair. So I keep it at 30-35
for the money it should come with a heat protecting pouch.

on 3/23/2009 11:01:00 PM

I have straight hair, but it gets bendy/wavy at the ends. I was looking for a mini flat iron to straighten out my bangs so that they stay sleek and side-swept and found this on sale at TJ Maxx for $24.99. This straightens small sections of hair perfectly without frying it and the size allows you to get close to the scalp. I don't notice more shine, but my hair is pretty shiny already. It heats up very quickly and never feels too hot (there are some flat irons this size that you need thermal gloves to hold!) I hope this is durable, because now I've gotten used to how good my bangs look and don't want to pay the full retail price for this baby.

on 3/5/2009 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

OMG best straightener EVER! Don't buy the T3 or the GHD or A CHI . BUY THIS! It gets so hot.Straightened my LONG THICK AND CURLY hair. For reference If my hair is brushed out it will be clown looking . This my ladies, is a must have. I have a chi but no longer will I ever use that. Its all about this iron! But it. I got it online as it is not sold in stores. My hair feels SOOO soft. Thank you Babyliss!

on 2/26/2009 1:37:00 AM

I purchased the 1/2 inch mini at TJ Maxx for $24.99 (it was available in pink and baby blue). Posessing a simple on/off switch, it lacks the temperature adjustment setting of it's larger counterparts, but for the price, I can't complain. Heats quickly and despite it's diminuitive size, this baby packs a punch. It straightens my superfine semi wavy hair in one swipe, instead of multiple pass overs, and leaves it smooth and shiny all day. I rarely wear my hair straight, so I can't justify spending more than what I did, say, "upgrading" to the 1 inch version, especially since the mini more than exceeds my expectations, but if you straighten your hair on a regular basis, I definitely recommend splurging for the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium!

on 2/23/2009 5:27:00 PM

I've only owned 3 irons.. an Andis, a CHI, and this Babyliss one, and this one is the best one, hands down, no contest. It gets the hottest, heats up the fastest, is easy to use, and leaves my hair straight and silky (which is a very hard thing to do!) My stylist uses this iron and when I saw what fab results it gave I knew I would have to get one for myself, so I got one off Ebay for like 70 bucks.. (stylist told me it cost her $100). Love it!! I paid $110 for my CHI and it's a piece of junk compared to this one!

Top Rated Babyliss Products