April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by thecartel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was really happy with this product. I don't use it to wash my face alone. I wash my face first with my regular cleanser then I apply a little of this just to make sure I get all the stuff that my cleanser might have missed. It says no rinse, but I still do it anyways just in case! I feel like this really, REALLY wipes my face clean. My skin feels so fresh and oil-free, and my pores seem refined. It also contains zinc and copper (I think), which actually helps to heal acne, and it does slightly reduce the severity of my breakouts. I think that if you use it as your main cleanser, it's like draining the whole bottle down the sink! I definitely recommend this as more of a toner, but with a quick rinse afterward. Just try it, and you'll see just how little you really need :) (Be careful if you have dry skin though, you may not want to do the whole "wash your face twice thing" as it may be irritating)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpisAnObsession

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard about this product from a YouTube personality (pixiwoo) a few years ago and purchased it. I still have the same 500ml bottle I bought in 2009 and its 2011. Granted, I alternate makeup removers, but I love this product. It doesn't burn when it gets in my eyes, it removes all the makeup, I don't have to scrub the makeup off. I am not allergic to it. I just wish it was more readily available. I got it off ebay for $23.60 (with shipping).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by eunice33

i used it more like a face makeup remover. it can not removed my mascara (mac zoomlash) over all i do like it as a face makeup remover as it does removed my foundation very well (face feel clean and its gentle to my face) but not as a eye makeup remover . as after i used it to removed my eye makeup i still have lots of mascara on my lashes :( . Over all i am quite disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lorenlo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is a really good product and almost 100% effective. However, I don't use it alone as a cleanser.

For me, I use it as a toner. I use a gentle foaming cleanser, then afterwards, I put a few drops on a cotton pad and cleanse my face one more time with this. Amazingly, the cotton pad always looks like it has absorbed some more dirt and oil which my other cleanser failed to remove. After this, I just pat my face dry.

The good points of this is that it doesn't dry your face and leave you with skin tightness like many other cleansers, so it can be used as a suitable toner. It's also effective in removing dirt.

The reason why I don't part with this is because this is the only thing that soothes my skin after it became weird and sensitive because of the Oil Cleansing Method (nightmare). If I don't use this, the bumps and stuff all return. Yet if I use it alone, it's not enough and my face still gets pimples.

Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG cleanser!! Love this stuff, it has saved my skin! I was loyal to Spectro for years and never even heard of Bioderma till randomly seeing a review on the homepage of MUA. I am soooooo glad I started using this stuff. My skin looks and feels amazinggggg! The overall texture is smoother and less oily. It got rid of all acne and bumps, and I rarely have a pimple anymore. If I do, they appear smaller and disappear in half the time and with no scarring. Mores are tighter and smaller too!! :) my skin did purge, but not as bad as I thought would happen. Since using this stuff I am done to using BP lotion 3 days a week instead of 7. This stuff truly does what it says. So refreshing to find something that actually works and doesn't make my skin worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Great for sensitive acne prone skin. This product contains zinc and soothing ingredients that reduce inflammation in acne prone skin.

PROS: (1) removes the majority of makeup- considering its gentle I don't expect it to remove all of it. (2) leaves skin feeling soft (3) reduces redness in skin and acne.

CONS: (1) does not prevent acne or lower oil production in skin. (2) contains perfume- not ideal for most people with sensitive skin! (3) not user friendly- it is formulated like a toner- which makes it difficult to apply to the skin. I would have preferred a gel texture- however this is merely personal preference. (4) Very expensive given the simple formulation- $35 CAD per 250mL bottle!

Overall, not a bad product. However there are much better on the market for my skin type.
Happy Shopping.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 5:07:00 AM More reviews by thesky4eva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

God I love this product!!!! I actually had a really nasty all-face breakout, and using creams and cleansers just seems to worsen it. So obviously I went to the dermatologist, and he recommended me this product and no cream. I've been using this product for 3 weeks to remove makeup and as a daily cleanser. It's great stuff, and it's refreshing too. I will definitely repurchase...... <3 :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great product for cleansing and freshening my face after I work out at the gym. While it seems to be meant for oily skin, I find it doesn't dry my skin out and handles the "post workout sweaties" really well. After I purchased this, the SA told me that they often have half price or buy one/get one offers on these Bioderma products so she's put me on the "notify" list for when these sales come up.

I think when the cooler weather hits, I will try the formulation for dry skin...this might be a bit too drying for winter, though I've found it so mild, that I doubt it.

*** I accidentally put this review under the Sensibio product heading.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews here and had very high hopes. I got it for a great price here in Hong Kong (HK$100 for the 500ml bottle, on sale at Colormix).

I was really hoping that this would significantly improve the blackheads on my nose (I have loads of them) and my oily t-zone (I have combo skin). I also liked the idea that it combines makeup remover, toner and cleanser into one product.

I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I did not have as significant and fast results as some of the other reviewers here, which I was a bit disappointed with. Even though I have been using this product for 3 months, I still have a significant amount of blackheads, and they are still purging (the purging period is lasting a lot longer than I thought it would!) However, I would say that my blackheads have noticeably gotten better.

This is a very nice product in that it is refreshing, it is not fragrance-free but it is a very mild and fresh scent that is very lovely, it helps with oil-control while not making you feel dry or tight in the slightest.

I have been using this cleanser with the Bioderma Sebium Mat anti-shine cream gel in the daytime, which is also very good with oil-controlling where still providing hydration where you need it.

One thing about this cleanser is that if you have a lot of blackheads, there will be a lot of purging. Since the blackheads are rising out of my pores, this makes my skin very bumpy. I feel like you need a good exfoliating product (a gentle one, not a scrubby one) to really get smooth skin and help the purging along. I personally really like Dermalogica Microfoliant daily and also the Gentle Cream Exfoliant as a weekly mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best products I've ever used - it is a true cleanser and it is great for oily & combo skin.It did not dry me out at all and left my skin smooth, soft and oil free.

Although it did not remove my blemishes, I think it helped in preventing them. Also it improves the appearance of pores.

Regarding price it isn't cheap but I got the big bottle and it lasts for ages and you only need a tiny amount. Packaging is convenient and you can control how much you want to place on the cotton pad. The only downside was that once it fell off my dresser and it has not been locking since.

To be honest I was quite surprised when I received this as I thought it was a foamy cleanser.. but it looked like a toner. I tried to lather it up but it was not effective. The instructions were in French so I did not understand them well.

I finally figured it out that you have to use a cotton pad or ball and it's amazing. I do not use it to remove make up, I use it after I cleanse and scrub well and still I find some residue on the cotton pad! So I guess it is really a gentle deep cleanser which helps to improve skin appearance.