September 16, 2014 | 2114 users online

Loose Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by khands

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm torn on this product. I use it over a Bare Minerals concealer, PF Mineral Face Powder and a PF Nude blush. I really don't know if it does anything. It seems to matte my face well and hide my pores on my nose. It seems to keep oil down (could be the pressed powder too though) I'll keep using it, I just don't exactly know why... I got this in a kit from PF, otherwise I wouldn't have tried it. The kit cost was $20, so this was about $7, which is great. I don't hate, but I don't love it either. All-together, when my face is done, it looks amazing, so I'll give it that.

I like the packaging, it's so easy to apply and it puts on a good amount of product. It's just that the brush is kinda scratchy, but if they upped the quality of the brush, they would have to up the price, and then no-one would buy it. Oh-well, it'll do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Uska

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, LOVE this stuff! I was so sick of using pressed powder during the day - all it does is give me a "made up" look. I bought this in the translucent and it's marvelous. Took a few good taps to get the powder flowing through the brush, but I love the concept, because I can carry it in my purse and touch up in my car, at my desk, wherever, without having to dig around for the powder and then for a brush and then have to worry about having powder all over me. The finish on this is a lovely smooth matte, controls shine well, and evens out skin tone. I like this better than my former favorite - it was a Chanel pressed powder in a soft pink that was perfect for my skin tone, but it was obscenely expensive. This is just as good quality, I love that I can refill it, and it fits well in the purse. It's very affordable and a fabulous product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 4:07:00 AM More reviews by taralynn36

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great finishing powder or probably would even work well on it's own. IMO, PF makes the best drugstore powders out there. I don't even bother with high-end brands.

Now about the packaging. I would prefer this product in a sifter mill instead of the brush. I almost went out and bought a very inexpensive powder so I could toss it and use the mill. But since I'm overseas and I don't get to the store much I decided to use it as it comes until I could get to the store. At first I found it very difficult to use, very hard and I didn't feel like any powder was coming out. Then after about a week and a half of using it, I've noticed that the brush has become softer and I'm actually getting the perfect amount of powder. I often use a little more powder than I actually need so I'm happy to see that this is now depositing the perfect amount. I've been so pleased I've decided to forgo buying a sifter and just continue to use the brush. So you may want to give the brush about a week or so to loosen up before you toss the container. I'm happy I stuck with it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by MumiTroll

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I give it 4 lips because of the packaging. The powder is great and I will definitely buy it again. It has some color to it. Quite a bit, actually. I have a very fair skin, so it almost doubles as a bronzer for me on the cheeks.
I couldn't get the brush to work though. Not only it is very coarse and hurt my skin, it also is totally unworkable. I went as far as taking the container apart and drilling a bigger hole. It still didn't work. So I put some of the powder(the PF container fits tons of it) into a square BE container with a small kabuki brush, and it became my on the go container. The rest of the powder I keep at home and apply with a Trish McEvoy bronzer brush- the effect is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by robynethridge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I do not use the brush that is on top but instead at Sonia Kashuk powder brush. I use this finishing veil alone at times or as a finishing powder for my everyday minerals or alima foundation. It gives me a flawless, finished look and makes my pores invisible. It does control oil as well! I do not have to blot till after lunch which is a good thing.
When I use this without foundation, I use a little everyday minerals intensive fair concealer (great concealer) and then put this powder on top.
I have this in translucent which blends in great with my skin. However, it could have a little more yellow and less pink in it to cover some redness, but the concealer does a good job of that as well.
I will purchase this product again whenever I run out; the bottle I have now has lasted over a year.

Update: I have gotten the finishing dust in sunlight from EM and I like it a lot better than the PF finishing veil. Primarily because of the color. If I run out and cannot reorder more EM than I will definitely get this though; it is a good substitute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this to use as a finishing powder over my liquid foundation. It gives a nice satiny/matte finish without making skin look overly dry or flaky. i apply in a downward motion with a light hand, and the result is airbrushed and gorgeous. The powder is translucent but still is slightly colored, a fair neutral shade, so although this works great with my fair, redheaded complexion this may show up slightly white on darker skin tones. The brush is not the best (stiff, as others have said) but for on the go use (im often putting on my makeup in the car or when i get to work) the packaging is convenient. Stick your finger in the middle of the brush to loosen it up for powder flow, or transfer to another container and use a nicer brush. Overall I have been very pleased with this product, and it is definetly worth the money. It has lasted me several months and I still have plenty of powder left. I will definetly repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by productgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Why have I waited so long to buy this? I have been using the pp mineral powder as a concealer (face not eyes), and this powder over top of it provides the perfect amount of coverage and is EXCELLENT at covering flaws. In fact, it really provides an airburshed look after a light application!! My only criticism is that like others have said, the packaging and brush are AWFUl (dump it into a sifter, get a great kabuki brush), and that the powder itself is very light. If you put too much on your face you will get a whitish cast. I use bronzer after my mineral veil application and this seems to fix the probelm. Overall, I love this product and continue to buy it again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product . I read many reviews on this and I believe people didnt like the brush included because they didnt realize you need to loosen up the product to flow through the brush by sticking your finger through the middle of the brush. I found this works well.
The finish is great and I like it better than other mineral products. No greasy , shiny feeling. Nice matte coverage. Glad I tried this. I was hesitant to spend this much (10.83) but Its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by reasonle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the product!!!! But the brush it comes with is really rough. It does keep my face matte, i only have to blot about once during the day becuase of my annoyingly weird teen skin. But besides that i LOVE this stuff. ONE WARNING COLOR WISE!!! i have warm undertones and this makes me look pink, especially in photos. if you apply too much of this powder, you can look flakey. so, no i am not going to buy again because it makes me look pink, which is really unnatural for me! i am going to stick with the plain pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaklvc

This mineral veil is perfect for setting foundation, and I think it's much better than the pressed powder I used to use. My foundation and concealer looks fabulous after applying this.

The packaging sucks. The brush is absolutely terrible. So every time I use it I just remove the brush, and tap a little onto my counter to swirl my big powder brush into.