November 25, 2014 | 1849 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Giorgio Armani - Master Corrector

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by liteenie

Of all the concealers I have tried, this is the only one that doesn't crease and that corrects my dark circles nicely. By "nicely", I mean correct the color so that it complements my skintone and not turn it ashy looking. I use #2 by itself, without concealer over it. I probably could use a regular concealer to really cover everything but on normal days, the corrector is sufficient. Bobbi Brown and Eve Pearl's correctors both creased on me and I find Giorgio Armani's a million times better than those two and all the other ones I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by amelia5

This is a great corrector!! I’ve got the #2 orange and it does a fantastic job of covering my bags and on any other blemishes on my face. A little bit of product goes a long way and I only need a couple of swipes on each eye. It’s super easy to blend and it doesn’t get cakey if you want to put a few layers on and it doesn’t crease either. It’s definitely pricey, but it’s worth it 100%.

I’ve done a Giorgio Armani haul that features this product, if you want to watch it :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

HG! Highly highly recommended.

NC20 (Asian). I have been using the Orange shade (#2) for my brownish undereye circles (from lack of sleep and allergies) for 8 months now. I put 4 dots under each eye, spread them by pressing gently all over the area (vs tapping). And then I use a Sephora Professional Airbrush Concealer brush (#57) to apply lightly La Mer Concealer (in Medium). This combination covers my circles and it last all day.

Used to be, all I needed was the La Mer concealer but I guess age is catching up and life has gotten more stressful. Nowadays, I can get away with just the GA Master Corrector for the coverage I need. But if I want an even more "well-rested" look, I add a thin application of La Mer Concealer. (I do not apply eye cream before makeup, fyi.)

I have used Bobbi Brown Corrector before for quite a while. Although coverage is also good, this would crease on me and I would need to do a retouch during the day.

I wish GA still sells the Green shade as I would love to try that for reddish areas on my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
To start off with--I am extremely sleep deprived. I am doing something like two different jobs and studying for a licensing exam. I have to wake up early. I have to stay up late. All of a sudden 24 hours aren't enough for a day. You get the idea.
My eye circles and bags have been getting progressively worse. I was so upset when I tried LM, BB, Benefit but to no avail. YSL could not touch the badness that was brewing under my eyes.
This is amazing.
Amazing.
I do not like colored concealers. MUFE and Smashbox color correctors never worked for me. They made me look ridic. Esp MUFE, which gave me lavender undereyes for the rest of the mall trip if I recall right.
BUT this in the salmon shade, is absolutely perfect. It gives about 80% coverage and hey that is absolutely miracle considering that before this everything I tried (Lancome, Dior, Tarte, LM, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, Chanel, MUFE, Smashbox, BB among others) did not even cover 30% of my undereye circles. So much money I have put down the drain (student loans so this is money + ridiculous interest haha) on eye concealers that I cannot tell you. I'm exhausted. Exhausted of being frustrated with products that dont work. Finally, thank you god, for letting me find my soulmate concealer. Master Corrector, I love you. I love you.
The brush flicks just a tiny bit on the undereyes, and its perfect because if it wasnt like that I'd probably put gobs on thinking more is more whereas less is more with this product otherwise you will look like you're having an allergic reaction with red eyes. The brush deposits the perfect amount, then I just wait a second and then when it starts drying, quickly spread it under my eye area with my pinky.
AMAZING. I look like I got significantly more sleep than I did.
The only thing that I would like--an additional very light coverage light-reflecting concealer/flash type of product on top. Maybe now I can try YSL or Dior again and not be disappointed by them if I put them on top of this. Maybe Givenchy Mister Light which I have not tried yet. We'll see.
I don't care how much this is. I would gladly give up coffee an extra couple times a week or eating out to at least look like a member of the human race and not a raccoon. Its worth it. Shell it out ladies. Lets keep GA in business if only for this GENIUS product. The best thing since sliced bread. The most innovative product since the model T. A woman's best friend second only to diamonds.

28 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried lots of concealers/correctors and I haven't been satisfied before now. This really helps with my dark circles around the eyes - I use either Dior Skinflash or YSL TE on top of it and I look alot more fresh faced :-)

Such a shame the design is so boring and cheap. I'd prefered it black like most of the other Armani products. The price is fairly okay as this really is the best corrector out there! I'd happily buy this over and over again

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by roman1221

It is a wonderful product. I have such bad blue/black circles especially in the corners of my eyes and it lightens it significantly. I have hollow eyes so there is only so much you can do with the colour - but this doesn't cake like the millions of others I have come accross.

It doesn't last all day, and the only problem with the packaging is that it isn't as elegant as it should be. It is quite expensive but will last 8 months to a year if it doesn't go off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

just what i need to correct the darkness under my eyes. I have pretty bad dark circles, and hereditary puffiness. this works great for my dry undereye area. I use shade #2 and this works great.
The other one that i really enjoy using too, is Bobbi Browns light peach. That one works well too, but i think this one is more natural looking and moisturizing for my dry undereyes.

Currently, I like to top off this corrector with Maybellines dream lumi highlighting concealer. Works great together.

i highly recommend this corrector to anyone that needs some serious coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by gerene41

Hiya peeps! i'm 41 and quite fair with my first signs of aging under the eyes so correctors,concealers are frightening for me to use.Everything looks beautiful at first till it quickly settles in my fine lines.Due to lack of sleep and stress, my under eyes have become quite dark and I've been on the hunt for something that would make me somewhat presentable!! FOUND IT. Giogio Armani's corrector #2 is my most prized possession and can't imagine ever going without again.At first its a scary dark orange color but it melts into your skin and just disappears and so does my dark circles.No settling in the fine lines! It'll only work if the dark circles are the results of thinning skin which makes the vessels visible to the surface.If your dark circles are caused by a shadow created by sunken, hollow eyes which most likely caused by baggy eyes, this isn't for you. You'll probably need a light reflecting concealer of some sort.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kpodaru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have searched high and low for a great corrector / concealer and today, I found it.

I just picked up this corrector in #2 (it's orange-based) and it works perfectly. I'm asian with dark circles under my eyes but my circles are more on the dark brown side; I suspect part of the coloring has to do with hyper pigmentation of my skin.

I also have dry skin but this fluid is perfect - it's light, blends extremely well (and so easily) and you can layer it if you didn't apply enough the first time.

The other creamy concealers I've used in the past always ended up cakey near the end of the day but this has serious staying power, works amazingly well for my skin tone and hides my circles. I LOVE THIS!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by vkoons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so this is my first review on MUA. I am a fairly new member, but definitely a seasoned veteran when it comes to under eye products. I have very dark under eye circles and having (not to toot my own horn) fair and very blemish free skin causes my circles to stand out more. Depending on the amount of sleep I get, these heriditary circles can range from red to purple with blue shading. As anyone who suffers from this frustrating issue know, I have tried everything to disguise these bad boys. For years I have searched for a good product. Most drugstore concealers are either not the right consistency or coverage.. Designer or upscale products suffer from the same pitfalls. For a while I used Lancome's MAQUICOMPLET Complete Coverage Concealer which was ok and had a nice consistency, but given it's soft beige tone, did nothing to alter the color under my eyes. I then decided to give the Bobbi Brown bisque corrector/sand concealer/pale yellow powder a try. While I did love the color combos with this system, I found that no matter what I did or how carefully I applied it, the product creased like a mofo, laid way too much texture under the eye, and generally looked like poop about 10 mins after application. I was hell bent to find a way to make this product work so I tried different eye creams (very dry skin under my eyes too), primers, eye creams plus primers, applying with my fingers, with a brush, setting it with powder, leaving it alone, applying it before foundation and after.... You get the picture. I was dismayed, staring at my circles in the mirror, thinking that I would never be able to hide them.

....Then I found Master Corrector. I use #2 (orange) and it corrects all of the redness and purple under there. Amazing. The super blend able, but pigmented liquid is such a great formula for under the eye. It doesn't add texture to your under eye area even when you build it up. It looks like your skin (but better) which is the main goal of any foundation or concealer, but under the eye it is very important. There is some creasing right after application, but patting and blending gently even this out and I'm good all day.

I have to be honest and say that I do use Armani's high precision retouch in #3 and YSL Touche éclat as well on a daily basis. It is an AMAZING combination!!!! OFC YSL's TE is a cult status product (and quite addicting too), but it allows you to highlight in shadowed (i.e under subtle bags.... does help for darkness too but I find it is nicer when used to bring light to the contour shadows to look rested.). The High Precision Retouch is amazing as well. While the corrector brightens and counteracts any unwanted pigmentation, the actual concealer will lighten the darkness. Great system!

While the products I mentioned above are my fave combo of all time, I tried using Master Corrector alone under my foundation for the purpose of this review ( I know not everyone will be thrilled to buy all three products because of the price tag). I was a bit skeptical that it would work well on its own, but when I carefully blended my foundation over it the effect was amazing. I truly think that someone with moderate circles could really benefit from this method.

In conclusion this is totally a Holy Grail product. My husband thinks I love it more than I love him and on certain days, this is true. Don't be afraid of the price tag (and it is high). If you can't afford it this instant, save up for it. The amount of money I have wasted on cheaper on less effective products makes me want to puke. If you are looking for a natural texture corrector that wears well and creases very minimally, I don't think you will be disappointed. But don't take my word for it, go to your local GA counter and have them apply it for you.

27 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No