September 18, 2014 | 2039 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by wonderblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I bought this because it is cone free and as someone with greasy hair I am paranoid about build up!
And....

I really like it! Honestly this for me is a great shampoo - yes it can be drying if used on it's own (I know this from when I've been in a rush and skipped conditioning) but 9/10 times I will use conditioner and when you do the drying problem goes away for me. Does it volumise? Well it certainly sees to - it definately doesn't weigh my hair down like other shampoos have in the past.

Now if you've got dry, damaged, curly hair I can see why you might not like this product, but for me with fine, flat grease prone hair this shampoo suits me to the ground.

As I've recently dyed my hair, once I've used this bottle up I am going to try the colour protect burt's bees shampoo - but if I find it doesn't help prolong my colour then I will happily switch back to this one.

Price wise this is pretty expensive for a shampoo but sadly most cone free shampoos are - that's the only real downside to this product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by jsATC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an affordable everyday shampoo that uses more natural ingredients and hasn't been tested on animals. This fit the bill and was easy to find at Target, so I bought it and the conditioner.

The second it touched my hair, it all turned into a tangled matted mess. It's the strangest thing, I've never heard of a shampoo doing that before! I feel like I can't even get the lather worked into my roots because it mats down so much. And my hair is far from thick and unmanageable, so it's really surprising.

I figured I could deal with it if the shampoo/conditioner gave me a lot of volume as promised, but this does not deliver. I haven't noticed any volume or extra body at all. My roots start feeling greasy after a few hours and my bangs get stringy and flat pretty quickly.

I really wanted to like this stuff, but GRR I HATE IT! And it was sort of pricey so now I feel like I have to use it all up. Bleh. I can't wait until it's gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by youcrazydiamond

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have ultra-fine straight hair. Grows in thin and sparse and hangs pretty limp and lifeless unless I use a lot of product and blow-dry it. Needless to say, I go through a lot of volumizing shampoo/conditioners. I was hoping this would be some kind of miracle product (back when I placed a lot of faith in the Burt's Bees name...). It's not. I know totally natural shampoos without things like SLS don't lather much, but all sulfate-free shampoos I have used aside from this one had SOME degree of lather to it. This had none.. at all. It felt like rubbing hair gel in my hair. The conditioner was not much better. And the worst part? It felt like it coated each individual hair with wax. When I rinsed my hair, I felt the waxy coating on my hair strands and couldn't get it to wash out. My hair felt nasty and dirty. When I blow-dried it, it was even worse. It was just as thin as ever, but also horribly static-y and, yes, waxy. This shampoo/conditioner duo left my already-thin hair twice as bad as it would be without shampoo, and it felt dirty and waxy too. I would never, ever recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells so good but that is where the positive feedback ends.

I cannot get this to lather in the slightest, is very goopy/runny and I cannot run my hands through my hair to form a massage motion, extremely drying and just, useless.

I've ordered Sebamed's every day shampoo and hopefully it will work for me-okay I'll be honest, the only reason I ordered the latter was because I was checking to see if the amount of money I was expecting was deposited into my account and decided to order something cheap but useful so as to then embark onto the bigger and more "serious" purchases, man I need to get onto internet banking.

In my opinion/experience though, the sulfate free shampoo's which are great for me are the Tigi ones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow, I am shocked by the negative reviews on this. I really love Burt's Bees Shampoo! First of all it's organic, so you can't go wrong with not using harmful chemicals on your head. It doesn't lather up so well, but that's probably b/c it IS all natural. What I do is add a dab of my regular shampoo to help lather it up a bit.

The first time I used this, my hair was SO shiny it was like someone had sprayed it with a can of shiny! I didn't even blow dry either - I rarely do. Anyway, this has become a staple in my shower. I switch it up with this and L'Oreal's Sulfate Free shampoo for my color treated hair. Love Burt's Bees!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this product but it's a bit irritating for my scalp. I have to stick to Phyto, I think. This smells great and I like that it's mostly natural. 97.2%... wow, so precise, lol, the makers must be really proud of that. For the hair itself, it does leave the hair feeling clean with a slight volumising effect that is not oily or weighted down. I have permed and coloured hair. I do not feel that this shampoo is drying for me. Packaging wise, I'll prefer a pump bottle but at least this is in a clear bottle and I can see how much product is left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is a really drying shampoo and takes a lot to suds up. If it weren't for those two major problems then this would be a HG shampoo for me. While I have hair (it's not thin), there's a lack of volume. This gives more volume than I knew what to do with! Just be aware of the downsides to it. I'm sure there are better products for volume out there that don't dry out hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really fantastic shampoo/conditioner combo for the right hair type. Based on the reviews here I think, for some reason, its particularly bad for people with curly hair.

On my super thick-but-fine hair these products combined didn't weigh it down in the slightest. My hair is very soft and a little shinier than usual. As long as they make it, I'll keep buying it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lonetabby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very drying, nasty shampoo. I'm surprised because sulfate-frees are usually gentle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I took a chance on this shampoo. I usually use A/G Thikkwash but when my bottle started running out I thought about giving something else a try. The Burt's Bees shampoo looked promising because of its natural ingredients. I'm not one of those people who throws money at anything that's natural and organic, but I was starting to get fed up with how frequently I had to wash my hair. It seemed to get greasy again in no time, and of course the more you wash your hair the more you'll need to wash your hair. This shampoo promised to be sulfate-free and free of all that other stuff that I've been warned will strip your hair and lead your scalp to produce excess oil.

At first use, the later seemed really weird. It doesn't have a "soapy" feel to it. The bubbles are very fine and it may seem like the shampoo isn't lathering well, but I found that as long as I thoroughly wet my hair all the way through the shampoo did a fine job of sudsing up and cleaning my hair. Like other reviewers mentioned, your hair will feel oddly tangled and matted. This is normal. Just condition with the matching conditioner and your hair's texture will return to normal.

After several weeks of using the shampoo and conditioner, I can say that this is my new staple. My hair is so soft and healthy looking, and most importantly, it has great volume that lasts through the day much longer than with other shampoos. I don't like to put a lot of products in my hair or spend a lot of time styling, so I need my volumizing shampoos to actually volumize, and this one performs. My scalp is also far less greasy than ever before. I also like the subtle scent. This is a great shampoo at a reasonable price.