October 2, 2014 | 970 users online

Loose Powders - Givenchy - Prisme Libre Loose Powder Quartet Air Sensation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I was talked into buying this by the Givency SA when I was lemming one of their blushes which was sold out - she recommended this powder in Sweet Caramel or Fresh Rose to add a healthy tint to my cheeks - but I was after more impact from a proper blush! Anyway - she tested these colours on the back of my hands, and I fell in love with the super-fine texture. It was so fine and silky soft that it sunk into my hands immediately, and made them look so unbelievably smooth and soft! Since my loose powder was beginning to run out I decided to buy a shade closer to my skin colour (MAC nc25-30) for setting liquid foundation. Delicious beige is a pretty close match - I shake some on to the small puff that's included, then dab a large powder brush on to the puff to pick up a light layer of powder. I buff this on top of foundation and the tiny shimmers blend into my skin to form a lovely invisible glow without emphasizing my crater-sized pores. My skin tends to get a little oily by about lunch-time (combo/sensitive/acne-prone skin) and this doesn't really prevent the oilies, so I carry blotting paper for touch-ups (I've found that powders that mattify and prevent oiliness also tend to dehydrate my skin, so I stear away from those).
The packaging is fairly bulky, as it's made up of 4 individual cube containers, so you actually don't get as much product as you would from a usual container of that size. You get a small puff that sits on top of the combined sifter, so you if wanted to use only 1 or 2 of the powders, you would have to dip your brush on the area of the puff that picks up that colour (bearing in mind that the puff isn't always replaced on the sifter in the same position), or cover the holes distributing the colours that you don't wish to use. Having said that the packaging is very glam and totally covetable! Delicious Beige consists of 2 yellow-toned beige powders, plus 2 blue-toned powders in light pink and lavendar. Bought this from Debenhams (UK stores) for GBP27.00 on promotion ((usual price GBP30.00).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2008 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MeganCrawford

Hum, bit worried about the post on the ingredients of this but....you use such a little amount that I can't believe that it gets mega absorbed. This is a really great powder. Finely milled, and the blend of the colours for us ghostly people just lifts the whole face. It sets whatever foundation I am using at the time (today BB foundation stick) and gives that glow, as well as helping it last longer. The only thing I would say is that it can get messy because I don't use the puff in the box, I use my big brush and tap the excess off. It is expensive but you use such a little bit and it lasts and lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2007 8:23:00 PM More reviews by friend_or_foe

I was talked into buying this by the lady at the counter, and I'm so glad I did! This powder sits really beautifully-- it doesn't cake like some, and it goes on very subtly, whilst still taking away any oilyness. The packaging is lovely and it lasts for asolutely ages: a great investment!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by SamWaddington

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used the Prisme Again in Chic White for ages and love it - it's my HG pressed powder so I was so excited when the loose powder version was launched.
I was a bit disappointed that the colour options where different to the pressed (so no chic white) but decided to try the 'light pastel' loose version (I am SUPER pale!).

LOVE this powder! Its so finely milled and fine - it sets make up with out looking powdered and also if you use on its own it evens out your skin tone and adds a soft focus finish.
Its doesn't cake and works well with the pressed powder if you need to touch up your makeup in the day (my skin is combination but I can get oily on my chin especially on warm days but I only need to touch up once or twice a day to take me through the evening if I'm going out.)
It gives a soft, sheer finish that takes away shine without making you look too matt. I will definitely re-purchase this one!!

Update - sadly my normally tolerant skin began to react to this so I have had to stop using it. My skin began to feel a little dry then flaked and eventually developed eczema before I realised this was the product causing the issue. So I have taken off some lippies for this reason. Having looked at the ingredients on Sephora.com it seems the first ingredient is used as a pesticide and is listed as toxic to humans and carcinogenic! (Googled it), plus there is nylon and various other potentially irritating ingredients. Still if your skin is more robust than mine it does deliver all I listed previously. I have now moved onto Dr Hauschkas loose powder which has helped heal my skin.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 4:46:00 PM More reviews by foxred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The light pastel is a really lovely powder. It manages to enhance my paleness without making me look wan or ghostly. In fact, it somehow makes me look healthier and more ethereal at the same time. Quite a trick! This is good over concealer or alone to give a nice polished, finished appearance. It tones down blotchiness and shine without masking freckles, and doesn't catch on hidden dry spots or turn dark from oily patches. Really just lovely. It costs a bucket, but is sure to last a long time. If I were really wealthy, I would buy a second box to keep at the office, though -- while this does hold up longer than you would expect most powders to do, I could use a touch up by afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this in light pastel. The price on this powder is ridiculously high, but it is a terrific product. Best powder I've tried, hands down. First, it is light enough for my ghostly skin. At first, the blue and green seem just weird, but they work to tone down redness, and they quickly blend into skin leaving no trace behind. Second, this powder really lasts, absorbs shine (I wore it over sunscreen and it sucked the oil right up), but doesn't look cakey. Powder usually always cakes up on my big pores, but this didn't. So I am really loving this stuff. Personally, I didn't like the package. It's big and bulky, and I find that the little "G" shapes with holes are too small to deliver enough powder to the puff or to my brushes. But that's a minor inconvenience to an otherwise superior product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by nanda24_br

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder. Definitely the best one I've tried. I've heard it was chosen best powder by Marie Claire magazine from france and definitely deserves it.
I have a very oily skin with stubborn acne and my skin looks absolutely soft and flawless when I use this.
It gives skin a very light soft radiant look.
I loved my MAC blot powder since it does wonders for oily skin, but it also makes it too dry and this product does the same but makes my skin glow and look absolutely completely light finish to it, the skin I always dreamed of.
Packaging is just terrific, best I've seen, the scent is absolutely delicious, when I open the package everyone around notices the delicious luxurious scent it has.
Definitely something for make up lovers.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 5:45:00 AM More reviews by aa1107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the packaging and I must admit I primarily bought the quartet for this reason. It is not just a bluff-package to make the product appear superior. The powder might initially appear to stuff the pores but allowing it to set in, the powder embellishes the skin and makes it look soft while leaving it natural - without making it appear layered with make up. However it might still result in worsening dry skin, so make sure your skin is properly moistured before applying the powder.

It's easy to apply: I just twist and shake and apply to areas which are oily; in my case the cheekbones. It might remove the radiance of the foundation though (I use the Subli'mine Sculpt Light of the same brand), but it's really good on those days in which I feel like having soft natural skin just to cover the red areas and I occasionally use it on its own when I'm on a rush.

It is a bit expensive, in fact I bought it when I was not that bad financially... The only thing which would draw me back from re-purchasing it is, a matter of fact, its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 3:53:00 AM More reviews by chunai0322

this is definitely my HG!!! i just love this product.. i found it very strange that nobody had added it on here yet...

the powder is super super lightweight, and it brightens up my tone but not giving me the white-mask look... and it smells good too...

the price is high, but the whole container lasts a long time...

definitely buy again~