E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is great! It's gets the job done! I've had my Elf eyeshadow brush for at least 5 years & it's still going strong! I use it every single day and it's never broke or shed at all. I use this brush for a number of different things. I really like it for packing the color on! I actually read a review down below where someone complained that its to stiff..lol. It's slightly stiff but just probably more dense, which is perfect for packing on color! I love this brush! I have no complaints and it was so worth the dollar I paid for it! This brush does exactly what my Sigma & Mac brushes do but better IMO. Five years and counting.. It's my lucky brush! ;)

on 1/4/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 2 of these brushes. One was bought about 3 years ago (still in great condition), and one I got in a kit this Christmas. The older one is much denser and has a shorter handle. Regardless, both of them work wonderfully, especially for only being one dollar! Everyone needs one (or more) of these. Don't waste your money on expensive eyeshadow brushes when you can get this one.

on 12/31/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have nothing but good things to say about e.l.f.'s eyeshadow brushes. They work well to apply shadows and they get the job done. Plus, the brush only costs a dollar!!! For that reason I have many of them. Go get 10!!!

on 12/30/2013 11:08:00 PM

I heard good things about this and bought one and it was $h!t. Shed on the first use. I heard each one is different, so I will try it again. For $1 (or 50 cents on offer) why not?

on 12/29/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an ok brush. I am in the minority here I think. It sheds like crazy and feels stiff and scratchy on my lids. For a dollar I wont complain but I wont repurchase either. I think are better quality brushes for a few dollars more.

on 12/19/2013 1:51:00 AM

This is an amazing eyeshadow brush and I still can't believe it's so so cheap! I've been on the hunt for a good shader brush for the longest time and nothing seems to pack on color easily. This is great. Its just fluffy and dense enough to pick up all the eyeshadow you'll need on first dip, and is also wonderful at depositing color on your lids. My go-to for all my eyeshadow application, and really, come on, you just can't beat the price.

on 12/2/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a ridiculously cheap brush, but it's amazingly good. Ok, not the best brush in the world, but it picks up and blends colour brilliantly. For the price, you couldn't ask for better.

on 11/23/2013 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I picked this up on a whim for $1 and whaddaya know - it has become my go-to eyeshadow brush!! I've bought a couple more since and can understand why a few people have had a bad experience with them. The quality varies slightly per brush, and I have gotten one that sheds and another that doesn't at all. It's $1 and so I can forgive the lackluster quality control. Overall, this brush RULZ.

The brush has short, dense bristles that work great for patting color onto the lids evenly. I have small eyelids and so the short bristles work perfectly for me.

Next item on my wishlist is the MAC 239 eyeshadow brush, and I am eager to compare the quality and performance. I fully expect the MAC to exceed the e.l.f. technically, but comparing the price $1 vs $25, and how well the e.l.f. one works for me, the MAC one is already at a major disadvantage. I will update with my comparison once I get my hands on the 239!

on 11/12/2013 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

There's nothing special about this brush. I use this brush to pack the eyeshadow onto the lid, that's about it. I don't find much use for this brush. I do use this brush very often tho. I love all of my E.L.F products. But, this brush is basic.This brush is definitely a miss for me.

on 11/1/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This brush works pretty well for putting color all over the eyelid, but it feels scratchy and stiff to me. I have much better quality brushes from EcoTools that cost me only a little more than this brush.