E.L.F. Essential Eye Shadow Brush

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/1/2014 10:25:00 AM

This brush works well, but is so scratchy I would almost call it painful to use on the eyelid. I have not noticed shedding, but will end up throwing this away because I can't tolerate the scratchy feeling.

on 1/23/2014 1:31:00 AM

I did not think there was any way I'd like this better than Elf's Studio "C" Brush, but I do. I have hooded eyes, so I need smaller brushes. This is noticeably shorter and narrower than the "C", which is great for me. Other than fitting into the tighter space of my eyelid, it acts exactly as the "C" does: picks up just enough product, packs color on well, dense but not stiff, soft but not too floppy.

This sounds crazy, but I've never had an Elf brush shed on me, and this one's no exception. (What's weird is that I've pretty much NEVER had a brush shed more than 2 hairs or so. It makes wonder, Am I doing something wrong or do I have really awesome brush karma?) It's a simple tool with no bells and whistles and it does exactly what it's supposed to do and does it well. And it's $1.00.

on 1/22/2014 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Maybe it's because I ordered it online instead of going to my Target or something, but this brush... holy cow does it shed.

Every elf brush I actually bought at a store? Amazing. No shedding, super soft, etc etc. This one I ordered online? Sheds like mad. As soon as I opened it out of the package, it started shedding. I also noticed a powder-like thing that flew off every time I passed my finger through the brush. Of course, probably dust from production or something, but I never notice this kind of things at the store itself. Doesn't matter either way, I always wash my brushes before using them because who knows who has been handling them... I don't want any of that stuff on my eyes! BUT, on the bright side, it still is incredibly soft and picks up product really well.

I'm not going to complain much about the brush shedding, because it was $1. For that price, I'll get another one once this one seems to run out of bristles... Which it will probably stop shedding soon either way.

on 1/18/2014 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Good brush, densely packed bristles, has a soft feel, picks up a good amount of product, packs on color on the eyelid well, the handle is a nice pearly white & the ferrule is stable. Would suggest to anyone who wants a good basic eye shadow brush. Would definitely repurchase.

on 1/9/2014 8:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a fine brush. Especially for the price as it's only $1! It packs on color pretty well, isn't scratchy, and seems to wash well. However, I find it's too small, and I even have small eyelids. I like the Studio "C" eyeshadow brush better and that one is only $3. But this is a good back-up one because I didn't really want to spend $3 for a back-up (I'm a college student...)
P.S.- As it's so small and flat, you can pretty easily smudge eyeshadow on the lower lashline.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is great! It's gets the job done! I've had my Elf eyeshadow brush for at least 5 years & it's still going strong! I use it every single day and it's never broke or shed at all. I use this brush for a number of different things. I really like it for packing the color on! I actually read a review down below where someone complained that its to stiff..lol. It's slightly stiff but just probably more dense, which is perfect for packing on color! I love this brush! I have no complaints and it was so worth the dollar I paid for it! This brush does exactly what my Sigma & Mac brushes do but better IMO. Five years and counting.. It's my lucky brush! ;)

on 1/4/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have 2 of these brushes. One was bought about 3 years ago (still in great condition), and one I got in a kit this Christmas. The older one is much denser and has a shorter handle. Regardless, both of them work wonderfully, especially for only being one dollar! Everyone needs one (or more) of these. Don't waste your money on expensive eyeshadow brushes when you can get this one.

on 12/31/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I have nothing but good things to say about e.l.f.'s eyeshadow brushes. They work well to apply shadows and they get the job done. Plus, the brush only costs a dollar!!! For that reason I have many of them. Go get 10!!!

on 12/30/2013 11:08:00 PM

I heard good things about this and bought one and it was $h!t. Shed on the first use. I heard each one is different, so I will try it again. For $1 (or 50 cents on offer) why not?

on 12/29/2013 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an ok brush. I am in the minority here I think. It sheds like crazy and feels stiff and scratchy on my lids. For a dollar I wont complain but I wont repurchase either. I think are better quality brushes for a few dollars more.