November 27, 2014 | 1514 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-fantastic buildability with layers
-melds with skin
-hydrating (especially for dry skins)
-sheer to medium coverage
-lightweight feeling on the skin
-very easy to blend
-does not oxidize
-easy to remove (despite being water-resistant)
-long-lasting (at least 10 hours)
-generously-sized bottle

CONS
-scent may not be for everyone

I received a generous sample MUFE's Face and Body Liquid Makeup from Sephora after remarking to a makeup artist that I just couldn't find the kind of foundation I was looking for - something that is hydrating with a sheer texture and that is buildable but won't highlight/emphasize dry patches or settle into/highlight my pores. I was sent home with this and Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

I've tried this foundation several ways - with my fingers, a foundation brush, under varying levels of hydrated skin. I never use primer (though now I'm thinking I should consider it). This foundation looks incredible for about the first hour or so, and then the sad trombone and tiny violins start playing for me.

The texture is divine; that it has a jelly-like quality is a moot point. It smooths out so nicely over the skin that I really couldn't care less about the way the product looks before application. It feels like water on my skin and melds so beautifully with it that I just about cried with happiness. It blends like a dream. There was none of that awful suffocating mask feeling I get from most liquid foundations. It just seemed perfectly in between dewy and matte, perfectly hydrating, and exactly the finish and skin-feel I was looking for. The pretty scent is a nice bonus too. So I crossed my fingers and hoped this would be *the one*.

Fast forward about two to three hours. Every single time my skin looks shiny everywhere and my t-zone is a slick. And this is odd since it's a water-based formula and I always start with well-hydrated skin (my skin is combination-dry). Not even heavier tinted moisturizers make my skin look this shiny so quickly. The foundation hasn't settled into my pores; it's actually giving them more definition! Pores I didn't even see before are waving hello back at me in the mirror. Very fine lines that weren't there before are just there, hanging out in all their little glory. And my face actually feels like there's something a tad bit heavier on it when at first my skin feels free, light, and beautiful.

I honestly don't think it's the foundation that's the issue here. I really think it's how my skin is reacting to it. It's just not the product for me, whatever the reason is. My experiences with products often seem to be contrary to popular experience. This foundation is otherwise fabulous and I would totally recommend it to others.

I *really* wanted this foundation to be my unicorn in a bottle. Sadly, I'm still looking for what seems to be an otherwise mythical foundation.

EDIT - 09/20/13: I did some serious thinking about this product - I want it to work for me that badly. I recently started using the home-made vitamin C serum I found here on MUA, and I think this may have contributed to my skin looking worse under this foundation. Unlike some reviewers' experience, the vitamin C serum makes my skin dull and dry and once even seriously burned the skin around the sides of my nose, leaving the skin irritated and peeling badly! I stopped using the serum and already the foundation looks better on my skin.

I also noticed in direct sunlight tiny speckles of colour on my forehead that didn't blend in with my skin - obviously the colour is not right for me, which leads me to believe the MUFE shade I'm using is a tad too dark and is accentuating flaws because of this (I've experienced this twice before with other foundations). Since the MA at Sephora didn't colour match this foundation to my skin - she merely plucked it off a table, in a *dark* corner of the store, and said it was my colour. I'm going back to get matched in better light and by a better MA (I was given #20 Ivory, but I have yellow tones in my skin, not beige, and suspect #32 Alabaster may be a better shade for me).

I also applied a tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier TM in Nude) under this foundation this morning, in addition to my regular moisturizer. It seemed to create a better base for applying the foundation. I'll try this again when I get a MUFE shade more suited to my skintone and report back.

EDIT - 09/26/13: After I stopped using the awful homemade vitamin C serum I found here on MUA (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=75237) and worked on rehydrating my skin, this foundation began to look better and better on my skin. It is so easy to blend, so easy to build layers and never have them look obvious or cakey. It doesn't highlight anything now, neither my pores nor my fine lines. This stuff is simply amazing and it makes my skin look and feel amazing and natural. It really is a HG product, and it really is a unicorn in a bottle. I am so in love with it. I'm sticking with this for as long as MUFE makes it. And that's saying something since I almost never buy a product more than once.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jujubeeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It is perfect for my constantly irritated and annoyed skin. I have dry, sensitive, clog prone skin with a million freckles, and this address all those issues beautifully. It stays on all day (I set it very lightly with a Cargo pressed powder) and has a very thin watery consistency that is super easy to layer and build up more coverage with. It stays on over my sunscreen perfectly, and doesn't add to much glow or matte effect to my skin. Honestly, I am so lazy with this foundation that I usually just rub it on like I do my sunscreen, and it still looks amazing. I did find that the MAC Face&Body had a little more staying power, but the color match was off. I haven't found any other foundation that I love more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Wow!!! I seriously love this foundation. I have NC30 skin and bought this shade in #32. I have been reaching for this more than my NARs sheer glow because it doesn't cling to my dry patches like how my nars sometimes does.
This foundation is a bit gel-ish but after vigorously shaking the bottle, pumping it on my finger tips and warming it up on my hands... The foundation applies on well. I don't have to apply concealer after putting this on. It stays on well with my hourglass veil primer and lasts me about 10 hours. I don't wear foundation everyday, so I can't review if it will clog my pores or give me acne.
Anyways pI can't rave enough about this product and I'm so glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

I bought this on the recommendation of gossmakeupartist. I have combination skin, NC30 and got this in alabaster beige 32, it's described as "light skin with yellow undertones." It's 1.69 oz / 50 ml for $46 CAD. It was my first high end foundation and I cringed at the price. I've had this for over a year, used it almost every day and I have less than a quarter left. One pump covers the redness, pores and acne scars on my face. On days when I need a little more coverage, I use the MUFE full coverage concealer (which is excellent!) At first I used my fingers and recently, I've used the Real Techniques buffing brush. I love the gel-like texture since it's water based, how soft it makes my face feel and how it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I dust some Maybelline dream matte powder over it and I'm good to go for ten hours or more. I do have to blot after six hours but it's no big deal. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some people witness Jesus for the first time and become Born Again. My eyes witnessed this foundation for the first time a couple of months ago. I put it under my eyes, and it magically drank into my under eye area with no pulling, tugging, or crepiness. No allergic reactions. It just sunk right in, with very little patting needed. The color match was good. Enough said.

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by maureentyc

Holy!

This is a winner for me!

I got a sample from sephora...

The colour matches well #32... I'm #36 in EL Double Wear... the new formula sucked and i had to start looking for a new foundation...

The texture is gelish, watery.. Dries to a powder finish.... I love the light texture, and this actually does not cake and make me look like I wore a mask... It gives a sheer coverage that made me look very very flawless like I had very very good skin... It's not gonna cover much but the finish is absolutely fantastic for me... I have combination skin, more towards oily, and it lasted really long (8-10 hours)

I tried it today and my bf suddenly said " lets go swimming!" I thought I'm totally gonna look disgusting when I get out of the pool..... Nope... I look like I had great skin and the foundation did not melt in the pool as there were lots of foundation when I remove my make up wiith a cotton pad at the end of the day....Bf also didn't noticed that I had foundation on ( when I was on with EL DW, he would hate it and made nasty comments like why wear a mask etc).

I really really love this.... Definitely will go purchase a full size bottle!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Leaahh107

I have nothing but amazing things to say about this foundation :)

I use shade #32, and it matches my skin so perfectly, it's seriously like magic. I have pink undertones in my skin and other foundations tend to look somewhat orange or yellow on me, but not this one!

I love how lightweight this foundation is. It barely feels like I have any makeup on at all! It glides and melts into your skin and is extremely soothing.

Coverage is builable. I apply with a stippling brush, and build up the foundation over my T-zone. I have breakouts on my nose and forehead... I only use about a pea sized amount on my entire face, and it's amazing how much coverage I get out of it!

I am a huge fan of the dewy finish this makeup give you. It looks really natural, and has just the right amount of shine. It does not look oily at all.

I think it smells amazing! It's a pretty strong smell, but it's a really calming sent so I love it! If you don't like fragrant make-up, that might bother you a tad though.

In conclusion, this is my HG foundation. It's well worth 40 dollars.. it looks incredible on my skin, and a little goes a long way! I recommend that you go test this product out for yourself!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by thegoldengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation once before years ago, but returned it because I felt like it didn't offer any coverage at all, and was having trouble finding a match. I decided to try it again because while I love MUFE HD, it's a bit too much for me for the summer months, and I wanted something a bit lighter.

Now I remember why I returned it those years ago. I remember having a hard time finding a color match, and that still is true. I used 12, but it was too light, and the next shade down, 44, took all of the yellow out of my face. It wasn't red either, it just made my face look like dewey clay or something. I probably could have gotten away with mixing them together, but that's just too much work for something I want to be able to apply quickly in the mornings before I go to work, not to mention very expensive.

The finish was also strange for me. I can't even explain it really. I mean it was sheer, which was what I wanted, but I tried all kinds of different ways to apply it and different moisturizers and primers underneath, but I wasn't satisfied with the finished look. I figured that if I had to work that hard to get coverage that I liked, then it wasn't worth it, especially considering how expensive MUFE foundations are.

I still love my MUFE HD, but Face and Body didn't want to play well with me.

One thing I can say is that the last time I got this foundation it didn't have the pump, but the new ones do, which is fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by krazigirl9999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the first review that I have ever written but I was so impressed with this product that I thought it was necessary. I was in the market for a waterproof or semi waterproof makeup because I am a lifeguard during the summer but still want to have a little bit of coverage during the day. Every day in the summer I am in and out of the pool teaching swimming lessons so I am either getting splashed or putting my entire head under. I tried this today in shade 6 and was full on swimming underwater for about 5 minutes. Afterwards, this was still almost perfectly intact on my face. I was so impressed. Realistically, I know this will not last the entire day when I am in the water, but if it can last for me it can definitely last for anyone else on a hot summer day or just for someone who wants a long lasting foundation.

This is a light coverage but is more than a BB cream. (I tried the garnier BB cream last summer and felt like it slid off in seconds.) The only downfall is the price- 40 dollars is a lot.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by angelmarjorie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am new to using this foundation so I'm still trying to figure it out. Here's what I've noticed so far:

Pros:
-light weight
-beautiful finish
-not cakey
-glides on easily (no need for tons of buffing and rubbing in)
-looks very natural
-has better coverage than a BB cream, but still very light weight
-long wearing
-great color range (I purchased a little darker for summer--gives me a nice glow)
-my skin does not have any blemishes (just a little redness) so this does a nice job with the minimal coverage I need....I place my concealer where needed after blending this in

Cons:
-My skin is combination/ oily in the t-zone (esp forehead and nose) and this doesn't really help with oil control. After about 3 hours, I need to apply more powder to keep the oil at bay. I have to do this for mattifying foundations as well, but this one moreso

Not necessarily a con, but I think this foundation is better for going out at night or when being used for a shorter duration. It's not the best for looooong days because oil is an issue (for me at least--may depend on your skin)

A primer will definitely help with oil control, alongside a great matte powder. Hopefully I can find the right balance since this has been one of my favorites (reminds my a little of Chanel Lumi)