October 25, 2014 | 1031 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by nosg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though Bare Minerals is kinda messy and on the expensive side, I definitely find myself buying it every time I run out...

I always want to try new foundations, but I always come back to bare minerals. I love that it is EXTREMELY light, has AMAZING coverage, and is actually good for your skin! I also love how this product is safe to "accidentally" sleep in (I know it's not good for your skin, but it has definitely happened to me....). The best part about that <--- is, when I wake up in the morning, I don't have make-up swears all over my pillow and my face isn't going crazy and breaking out!

Love bare minerals! Great coverage, good for your skin, and overall a product that I think I will alway go back to!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by internetgirl

Didn't feel like it did anything for me. I can use mineral foundation without this and my makeup lasts the same and looks the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by nibom

i luv it! i use medium beige, my skin is combination, light-medium olive, cool tone i think. it's flawless especially and even after long hrs of wearing just gets better. it doesn't makes my skin looks flaky which usually happen when i use other kind of foundations. 1st few times i use it , i didnt like it much i think cuz it kinda irritating my skin , but then later i try to use as lil as i could and just blend everywhere then i skin luv it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although mineral veil makes me look lighter & tinted mineral veil is too dark. I probably will end up re purchasing. I always seem to go back to this. it's good if your foundation is a bit dark & you want to even it out. it also seems to last along with me using milk of magnesia to control my extremely oily skin. other then that it's a love/hate relationship with this for me

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cecekath00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Looks pretty when makeup artists put it on for you, but when you do it yourself... ack. It takes forever to buff it, and it doesnt really cover. The thing is that its lighter than your acne by a little, so it appears like it covers. But really, its obvious your wearing foundation and looks like an embarrassing bump. Its light so it doesn't feel like you're wearing it most of the time, but in reality you have to layer everything so its cakey and hard to take off. And its SO expensive. More expensive than clinique! Also it makes skin look powdery. Like you're older, not like a powder-perfect-foundation type look. And it causes breakouts! The brushes and foundation etc require more care than they're worth. I won't buy this again.

EDIT: I found out from a website that there's only like 5 ingredients. The first ingredient is corn starch! If you put corn starch on your face it'll do the same thing this mineral veil does. Such a waste of money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Ella84

I didn't really care for the mineral veil. I've tried the regular mineral veil and also the hydrating mineral veil because I have dry skin. I generally like most Bare Escentuals products, but I just didn't like this very much. I used it as a finishing powder but I feel that it really didn't do anything for me. Also, the hydrating mineral veil did not hydrate my skin at all. They both kinda made me look paler than what I am and it also didn't last long. I think it's a pretty useless product and have since switched to MUFE HD microfinishing powder which I LOVE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by jennyyy

I really didn't like this as a finishing powder. I use the BE matte foundation and concealer on a daily basis. Tried to add this to my daily makeup routine but it looks strange on me. It's supposed to be translucent, but somehow my face gets a weird white cast whenever I apply this over my foundation. Don't think it's my application, since I use a mineral kabuki brush and an light hand to apply this after foundation. Also, I usually do get shiny after a couple hours, and this did nothing to control shine or minimize the look of my pores. I'll admit, It did make my face look a little smoother or "finished." But IMO, my makeup without this veil over it looks a lot more natural-looking and nicer. For the record, I'm on the golden/fair side. But I'm not the only one with this problem.. my friend who is on the tanner/medium side gets the same white cast in photos. Still on the search for another finishing powder.. but I def. won't repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by NguyenNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my first BE product (bought the starter kit) and I will definitely be repurchasing! Prior to Bareminerals, I was using Physician's Formula Talc-Free Loose Powder, and that product looked cakey on my face and irritated it during application. Bare Minerals applies great and the brushes that come with the kit aren't bad either. This product gives me a nice natural look, but doesn't cover as much imperfections than a liquid foundation and concealer, but hey, my face is looking natural, so it's a plus! Application can be messy, so apply it in the bathroom where the flyaway powder is easy to clean up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sandia1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I began using Bare Escentuals in 2006. (I was one month shy of my 45th birthday) I'd seen the infomercials and wanted to try it, but never did until 2006 when I tried my niece's foundation/mineral veil. My first attempt was a bad one! TOO MUCH product was used. I tried a second time and I fell in LOVE with the look. Being a makeup junkie, and nearly 45 at this time, I had tried nearly every product out there, from cheap to over the top expensive. I have dry skin, some fine lines and when I moisturize and use a primer (I have several) B.E. accentuates my fine lines no more than any liquid/cream makeup (which I always had to set with a powder) did. For the first time since my 20's people began saying to me "OMG your skin is beauuuuuuuuutiful" as opposed to "Wow, I love the way your makeup looks." Or "Your makeup looks great." There is definitely a learning curve with B.E. I am not a fan of the moisturizers, but I like the cleanser okay. I've switched to the oil cleansing method, so no need for the cleanser, really. I don't have a problem at all with the minerals clouding up or getting everywhere. The packaging could be better because the minerals do get into the top of the containers and a spill can be bad-but that goes for most liquid products, too. The eye shadows are fantastic- I have over 475 of those alone. (NO I don't work for B.E., but I wish I did!!) A little goes a longggg way, and one little pot of eye shadow lasts forever. I agree, not too great for travel, but I've found ways to get around the minerals piling up in the caps. I am not the biggest fan of B.E.'s brushes, unless it's the few that are synthetic. Many of the face brushes irritate my skin and feel scratchy. I prefer softer, synthetic brushes that don't hold onto too much of the product. That, and product packaging, are my 2 gripes about B.E. I hate how they say you can never use too much Mineral Veil- cos you can! Mineral Veil is my least favorite product, aside from the non-essential, special brush cleansers. Use a gentle, cheap shampoo and you're good to go. All in all, my skin has never looked better. I also love Smashbox Halo, and alternate using B.E. foundation & SH. I LOVE B.E. and doubt I'll ever quit using it. At least now they have a much better color selection, and the foundation packaging is much better with the click and twist inside cover. They seriously need to make better brushes, and I hate their mascaras. Definite thumbs down. Love the blushes, radiances, eye shadow, just about everything except a rare few items. I find B.E. cost effective all in all since I don't need to use much product. I have broken capillaries around my nose and redness on my cheeks and B.E. covers that nicely without looking cakey. I like the Bisque concealer as well. I don't think this makeup is for everybody, as no makeup is. You must tailor to your needs. I'll close by saying that after about a year of using the foundation, I felt some itchiness when I would sweat, but when I switched to synthetic brushes, that stopped. Since they now offer a matte foundation, those who don't care for the more dewy, glowing look have the matte option without having to use the mineral veil-which I found to be a useless step--and I also find that my makeup routine time is no longer than it ever was.

EDIT: Something has changed with Bare Escentuals' foundation. It really used to be nice and glowy, but now the original formula is dull and powdery in its finish. I gave this foundation up for Colorescience mineral foundation. Huge thumbs down to B.E. for a negative change in the milling or whatever they did to change a good foundation into one I won't buy again. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by danielaFC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was excited about this product until i tried it. This is not good if you have dry skin! (powders in general arent great if you have dry skin, i learned that the hard way). It was expensive and the packaging was annoying. The only thing i liked about this product were the brushes. Also, the primer didnt work. It caused irrtation and it felt greasy on my skin. In the end, it was a waste of money.