Clinique Different Lipstick - Angel Red

4.2

castor seed oil - candelilla wax - caprylic/capric triglyceride - cetyl acetate - isopropyl myristate - beeswax - lanolin oil - myristyl lactate - avocado oil - ozokerite - carnauba wax - acetylated lanolin alcohol - ascorbyl palmitate - tocopherol - bht - [ /-mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - carmine (ci 75470) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - orange 5 (ci 45370) - red 22 lake (ci 45380) - red 27 lake (ci 45410) - red 28 lake (ci 45410) - red 33 lake (ci 17200) - blue 1 (ci 42090) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - yellow 5 (ci 19140) - yellow 6 (ci 15985) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - yellow 6 lake (ci 15850) - red 7 lake (ci 15850) - red 30 (ci 73360) - red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 4/29/2007 4:51:00 PM

I love this red!!! Great name for a great color! I wear this lipstick when I'm onstage in plays, because it's beautiful and reliable.

on 4/15/2007 12:47:00 AM

I hate to throw a wet blanket on everything, but, honestly, I have tried very, very hard to love this lipstick. But I finally gave up. To me, it isn't red -- and certainly not brownish red. It's deep pink and it's goopy. And putting more on makes it just way more goopy. I really, really wanted to love it and hung on to that hope for much too long. Sad, really. As for it being a true red, I don't see that. If you want true red, try Clinique's Red Red Red.
ETA: I have decided to give Angel Red yet another try. I just can't give up on it!
ETAA: I've tried it and tried it. It's messy and much too bright. I will keep it and wear it mixed with something else, maybe Revlon Bali Brown. That seems to work ok.
ETAYA: I finally gave up on it and got rid of it. It was just too slick and glossy and wasn't red at all. I'm sure it's perfect for other people, though.

on 12/31/2006 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Too sheer, too bright for my NC35 complexion. They ought to call it lip gloss, not lipstick

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

i don't see what the hype about this was about. it feathered, barely stays on and is more of a tint than a lipstick, i was really disappointed. blah to clinique.

on 8/15/2006 7:37:00 AM

Wow this is so gorgeous its untrue! I really cant carry off red lips too well (very small lips and naturally flushed cheeks) So despite the great reviews I was wary of getting my hopes up. Turns out I didnt need to worry :D This is perfect for me! Soft, silky texture, layerable, a true red without those horrible yellowy tones, sheer red. Makes my lips the colour of shiny cherries. Think my lips are too small for such bold colours, but its lovely to pull out with some power heels every once in a while. Black/brown hair, brown eyes, blue toned skin, medium pigmented lips

on 5/21/2006 3:35:00 PM

Just want to add my praise for this classy, wearable red. Works great in the winter when I'm pale or now with sunkissed skin. With a lipliner base, it lasts pretty well even though it's creamy. As others have said, it seems to be a true, even red. I hate orangey reds and this has no hint of orange or brown. Just perfect. A Holy Grail.

on 3/31/2006 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have never been a showy "Big Red Lips" kind of person. In fact, for many years I rarely wore lipstick at all. That is why I was/am so amazed at how I fell in love with this color. This is a non-frosted, but sheer brownish red, and it truly is "Angelic". It is beautiful and timeless, as it is colorful and subtle at the same time. Gorgeous!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

the prettiest, most perfect red ever. it moisturizes, stays put, doesn't smear, even though it's a dark color, it actually makes my mouth look fuller. HG red lipstick.

<3 kADY

on 1/30/2006 1:39:00 PM

Beautiful slightly glossy dark blue based red. Nice on pale skin. It doesn't wear as well as I'd like so must be reapplied more often.

on 11/13/2005 10:14:00 PM

This is a very classy matte red - not too orange, not too pink, not too bright nor too dark. It's quite flattering next to my pale skin and the consistency is smooth. Gorgeous.

Recommended for Medium Skin