Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

on 3/20/2009 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I figured sinse I love the Oil Free eye makeup remover that these pads would be just as good. WRONG. Pros- Large pads, very saturated, smell clean, not oily
Cons-Doesnt take off eye makeup too well. Tend to dry out in the container near the end of the container

I had to wipe and wipe to get all the makeup off my eyes and it burns too.

on 2/8/2009 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Since I use the Neutrogena makeup wipes, and use their eye makeup remover, I figured these would be great. NOT--- As the other reviews have mentioned, they appear to be dry and I need to use at least 2 to get off my eye makeup, specifically the eye liner and mascara. That is ridiculous since I don't wear that much eyemake up that would need 2 pads. I did turn over the pads in the container since the ones in the middle didn't seem as dry.

Big disappointment since I love the makeup wipes.....

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I didn't like this. First off when you open the jar there doesn't appear to be much make up remover at all, and then once the jar has been opened over drying on the pads really starts to set in. It does take off some eye make up though, not all of it. I use Cover Girl's Last Blast in waterproof and Almay's pencil eyeliner neither one is completely removed, it gets a good percentage of my eyeshadow off though, but it does seem to smear a lot of the color around so I always have to chase it with a different cleansing cloth. It's not super expensive far as ticket price, but since it no where near does all it claims it makes it more than it's worth.

on 2/5/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I actually like these pads. I keep the jar in the shower and use first to remove my waterproof mascara, then wash my face with my Basis soap. One pad does both eyes. They are thick and soft and seem to have the right amount of remover on them.

on 1/27/2009 6:45:00 PM

Works very well, the pads are not saturated, which some other reviewers have complained about, but I found that the actual solution is more concentrated at the bottom of the stack, so I just flip it over each time I open the jar. However, I find that even with slightly drier pads, this remover still works fine. It doesn't burn at all, doesn't leave too much greasy residue, and one pad is all it takes. This review is for eyemakeup and regular mascara removal only, I have not tried it with waterproof yet.

It's a plus that I found this on sale for $1.99, I may go back and snap up the remaining jars.

on 1/26/2009 4:16:00 PM

Seriously the worst makeup remover ever. I needed something to use when I'm out and need a quick fix so I bought these (they're pretty expensive too). These are HUGE and dry. Like, so dry to the point that they just feel like the cotton from your shirt. I tried fixing my eyeshadow with this and it did NOTHING. In fact, it just made it worse by smudging it to one side. Definitely will not repurchase.

Ok so I totally bought these on accident...I thought it was these that everyone was raving about (that's what I get for skimming over things, I guess...). I bought these, and came home and immediately came on MUA to check...I was horrified to find out what I had bought had such low ratings!! I was so close to not even opening it, just returning it, but I was out of make up remover, so I thought what the heck...I tried them..and I LOVE THEM. These are actually kind of expensive for what you get (only lasts about a month)...and the plastic packaging is totally wasteful, I wish they would sell a refill package so I wouldn't have to buy another jar..but I can probably find a use for the jar so I don't have to throw it away.I don't have the dryness problem everyone else has had..mine actually had a small pool of make up remover at the bottom, and the pads were nice and moist..but not to where they dripped.
These work AMAZING. My only gripe is that they're so big..I want to cut them in half, but idk what's on my scissors...after all, my parents used them to cut a small knot out of the cats fur, and god-only-knows-what-else. sooo I guess I'll just keep using these until I find something better..

on 11/15/2008 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been swearing by the Neutrogena e/m remover in the bottle for close to 3 years now. It's my absolute HG. I was super excited when I saw these because I wanted something easier to take with me when I travel or the to the gym...you know, just for a quick swipe when I dont want to do the whole cotton ball soaking thing. I love Neutrogena's remover because its one of the few that doesn't cause irritation around the eye area. In any case, I'm still P****D OFF about these dry a** pads. What were they thinking? I was already mad that I spent money on those tiny little Almay pads, that were super thin but these...these were like the complete EPIC FAIL of the year. The size was ginormous, which I'm not that upset about, but dudes and dudettes at Neutrogena, if you are going to make a pad this huge...how about actually soaking the darn thing in ...MAKEUP REMOVER. Because these things are so dry, and if you have sensitive eyes like mine, you'll pretty much end up rubbing dry something or the other on your lids, which will not only NOT remove your makeup, but leave your lids...you guessed it...DRY!
Uggh..I went and got these from a Target return/exchange I had to make and if it wasn't for that one reason, I would so totally get my money back. Neutrogena...I'm truly disappointed. And to you MUAers...DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

on 8/14/2008 6:33:00 PM

Are. you. kidding. When I first opened it I thought I had an old jar as they appeared to be NO makeup remover in the jar, and pads were dry. Then I figured that maybe these were like the Shiseido cleansing sponge - the microfibers actually take off the makeup. Well, I have to use two of them, and after having to wipe my eye area over and over again to get off my makeup I have concluded they are NOT EXTRA GENTLE. Neutrogena is such a rip-off.

on 7/27/2008 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like the pads themselves because they are pretty soft and easy to use. The problem is the remover stings like crazy and doesn't remover all mascara so easily. I had to rinse with water immediately and later my eyes felt irritated. I don't like this product, but Neutrogena's Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover in the blue bottle is great!! I will go back to that permanently.