December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Boots - Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Skimmington

This is the best eye make-up remover i have used to date. Although it is oily, it is gentle on my eyes, and removes my waterproof mascara quickly and easily. I really have no complaints with this except it is annoying to have to shake it before use and the lid isn't extremely practical. Still, a great product - i would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by roodswing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Works great at removing all traces of make up, including wp. It does have an oily feel to it, so if you're not into that you will not like this product, however I find the name to be fitting - I find it very soothing. Leaves skin feeling soft/smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by bettnorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product as my rating shows, i can't believe i'd never heard of it. I use mac liquidlast every day so i need uite a strong mu remover. i used to use cheap wipes which were terrible, then i got a sample of clinique eyemakeup remover (the purple one you have to shake) and loved it, my friend used it too but at 11 a bottle i thought it was way too expensive as it didn't last very long. i also tried olay emu remover which was terrible, it was hard to apply and didn't work.

i was having a browse in boots when i found this product, i noticed it was the kind of make up remover you have to shake - and remembering how good the clinique one was - i bought it. it was on offer at 1 off so was only 1.96 so one of the cheapest mu remover i've ever bought, i was so happy when i used it it took my eyeiner off completely which is very rare and my eyes didn't sting or anything. it says its 'soothing' and contains 'hydrating icelandic moss'. i have no idea if this is true or if there are enough of these ingredients to effect it, but my eyes always feel nice after, it does leave a bit of oil residue but i don't think that can be avoided with any mu remover that works. the only other product of this range i have tried was a facial exfoliator i was given which was actually really nice, so i may look at some more things from this range.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Bindu2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eye makeup remover. I normally wear waterproof mascara and this does the job at removing it great. Its an oily consistency but I dont mind. Its great for sensitive eyes. Even recommended it to my sister who loves it too and shes really bad for not removing eye makeup! LOL!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ge700

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It is absolutely the best eye makeup remover, especially for waterproof mascara (ie Lash Blast). You do have to shake it up (why this is a bother or difficult for some people, I don't know) and it might take both sides of a cotton ball/pad (again, why does this bother people?) but it does a really good job without making my eyelids feel overly greasy. I do wash my face after using it so that's probably why it doesn't bother me. Also, it's better than baby oil b/c it doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't feel as heavy as olive oil does. I will panic if Target ever stops carrying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by kareo

I absolutely love this! It works very well and for around 6 bucks it's the cheapest makeup remover I've found. The size is bigger than most as well so it's very economic. love it

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by alimei16

I have been using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Waterproof Eye makeup remover for several years now, and this Boots product made me so much happier! It's much gentler and can take off all my waterproof eye makeup easily and NOT pull out my eyelashes (like the neutrogena one, which made me irritated). The only con I have about it is that you have to shake it very often and it's oily. I don't mind, because I tend to shake my removers very often (I want the mixture, not just one layer's liquid). Also, I usually wash my face right after removing the makeup anyways. Love this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by sayakka

consider the price, although it's not expensive, it's not worth it. it's $9 in CAD and i would rather buy a baby oil. it certainly is gentle to the eyes, despite a lit drying (and oily at the same time?!) doesnt remove makeup really fast (but if you spend time, ur mkup is gonna come off), you have to work it and use a lot of products. i seldom reach for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by OanaB

I've been using this product for almost a year now and I love it. I only wear waterproof mascara, and it takes it all off. It is a bit oily but that doesn't bother me. And it is also very cheap, which makes it even better. :-) I have repurchased repeatedly and I will continue to do so.

I have stopped using it since my last review and I took one lippy off because it contains parabens and I'm trying now to avoid them.

I am now using their organic eye make-up remover with olive oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover is similar to Lancome Bi-facil. They both have 2 layers of liquid. Of course Boots version can't be compared to Lancome's but at a fraction of the price it can be considered a good product hence the 4 lippies.

(+)
- CHEAP
- gentle
- better than The Body Shop Camomile eye makeup remover

(-)
- have to shake like crazy to mix the 2 layers and they separate very quickly
- using the same cotton pad: Lancome Bi-facil -> wipe 2 times
Boots -> 3-4 times (but it's very gentle and your eyelids would be fine so this only means it takes more time)
- after using: Lancome Bi-facil -> eyelids a little oily
Boots -> very oily (I always clean my face with cleanser after removing makeup so it's fine)