Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua, cyclopentasiloxane, isohexadecane, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetraria islandica (Iceland moss) extract, propylene glycol, methylparaben, sodium citrate, benzophenone-4, 2-bromo-2-nitroprophane-1, 3-diol, sorbitol, phenoxyethanol, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, CI 19140, CI 42090.

on 11/6/2009 6:06:00 PM

Have been using this for a while, have tried the clinique TTDO and lancome bi-facil, this is basically the same product but way cheaper. the packaging is not great especially when trying to take make-up off in bed! It takes my super industrial waterproof mascara off in seconds and I also use it all over my face to take every scrap of make-up off. You do have to use a toner after tho as it leaves a oily film that could lead to break out central! For just under 3 it's a real must have.

on 10/26/2009 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

You know the story, I bought this when Botanics was first launched in the UK, so that was maybe 10 years ago, thought it was good but never repurchased again it until recently. I was concerned that the remover I was using was making me tug too much on my eyelids, so I wanted an oilier consistancy. I decided on this because of the dual level, similar to Clinique's TTDO but without the hefty price tag. This is under 3 in the UK and works really well. I shake it well and use a cotton pad and a cotton bud to take off any e/l residue. It takes off almost everything without needing to rub or tug at the eye. I would like it if the lid was more secure but other than that I think it's great, and good value for money.

on 10/15/2009 2:27:00 AM

I debated on getting this for a while, but I finally picked it up this time. My Almay non-oily makeup remover pads weren't doing much. The bottle sucks, but I use it with the Almay pads and all my eye makeup comes off, even the really stubborn Lash Blast. Amazing.

on 9/10/2009 9:24:00 AM

This is the best eye make-up remover i have used to date. Although it is oily, it is gentle on my eyes, and removes my waterproof mascara quickly and easily. I really have no complaints with this except it is annoying to have to shake it before use and the lid isn't extremely practical. Still, a great product - i would recommend!

on 8/8/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Works great at removing all traces of make up, including wp. It does have an oily feel to it, so if you're not into that you will not like this product, however I find the name to be fitting - I find it very soothing. Leaves skin feeling soft/smooth.

on 4/10/2009 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product as my rating shows, i can't believe i'd never heard of it. I use mac liquidlast every day so i need uite a strong mu remover. i used to use cheap wipes which were terrible, then i got a sample of clinique eyemakeup remover (the purple one you have to shake) and loved it, my friend used it too but at 11 a bottle i thought it was way too expensive as it didn't last very long. i also tried olay emu remover which was terrible, it was hard to apply and didn't work.

i was having a browse in boots when i found this product, i noticed it was the kind of make up remover you have to shake - and remembering how good the clinique one was - i bought it. it was on offer at 1 off so was only 1.96 so one of the cheapest mu remover i've ever bought, i was so happy when i used it it took my eyeiner off completely which is very rare and my eyes didn't sting or anything. it says its 'soothing' and contains 'hydrating icelandic moss'. i have no idea if this is true or if there are enough of these ingredients to effect it, but my eyes always feel nice after, it does leave a bit of oil residue but i don't think that can be avoided with any mu remover that works. the only other product of this range i have tried was a facial exfoliator i was given which was actually really nice, so i may look at some more things from this range.

on 3/31/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye makeup remover. I normally wear waterproof mascara and this does the job at removing it great. Its an oily consistency but I dont mind. Its great for sensitive eyes. Even recommended it to my sister who loves it too and shes really bad for not removing eye makeup! LOL!

on 3/16/2009 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff! It is absolutely the best eye makeup remover, especially for waterproof mascara (ie Lash Blast). You do have to shake it up (why this is a bother or difficult for some people, I don't know) and it might take both sides of a cotton ball/pad (again, why does this bother people?) but it does a really good job without making my eyelids feel overly greasy. I do wash my face after using it so that's probably why it doesn't bother me. Also, it's better than baby oil b/c it doesn't irritate my eyes and it doesn't feel as heavy as olive oil does. I will panic if Target ever stops carrying this!

on 3/12/2009 1:04:00 PM

I absolutely love this! It works very well and for around 6 bucks it's the cheapest makeup remover I've found. The size is bigger than most as well so it's very economic. love it

on 2/20/2009 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using Neutrogena's Oil-Free Waterproof Eye makeup remover for several years now, and this Boots product made me so much happier! It's much gentler and can take off all my waterproof eye makeup easily and NOT pull out my eyelashes (like the neutrogena one, which made me irritated). The only con I have about it is that you have to shake it very often and it's oily. I don't mind, because I tend to shake my removers very often (I want the mixture, not just one layer's liquid). Also, I usually wash my face right after removing the makeup anyways. Love this product!