December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - All Products

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by crumblingImages

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Chagrin Valley Soaps are awesome. I've completely replaced every commercial bath gel, shower gel, traditional soap (which are really detergents) in my house with Chagrin Valley Soaps. They're that good. Customer Service is fantastic; shipping is quick and the products are reasonably priced. Try the Honey Butter, Honey Beer, Almond Chocolate, Grapeseed Shea, Avocado Oats & Shea, Olive & Shea, Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt Complexion soap bars!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 12:38:00 PM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with Chagrin Valley soaps. I've been using these soaps exclusively for over a year now. One bar lasts me about a month so I feel these are reasonably priced. I started out using the shampoo bars, but those were way too rich for my hair and began using them on my body instead. Then I went a little crazy and started ordering the soaps in almost every scent. What's unique about these soaps is every scent is formulated differently. Usually, only the scent is changed from one bar (or bottle) to the next with most brands, but not these. The ingredients vary widely and are of good quality and of all the bars I've used, I've only found one I didn't like, Dead Sea Spa. This one irritated my skin but the rest are lovely...very moisturizing, pleasantly scented and are pretty to look at. I get really excited when I am about to run out of a bar and get to choose the next one for my shower since each bar is so different. It's hard to choose a favorite because I love almost all of them, but a few that come to mind are: Lavender Oatmeal Spice, Orange Creamsicle and Scarborough Fair. I also like purchasing from Chagrin Valley because they are a family-owned business and there is no wasteful plastic packaging involved. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using CV for close to a year now, and LOVE LOVE most of them, to let you all know, I stayed at a friends family home for the week, although they use water catchments for showering, and its considered hard water, and there is some chlorine in there water catchment to keep there shower water sanitary it caused my scalp to break out in some acne, and itchy scalp, well, out of desperation, i finally had the urge to try that Mud and clay shampoo bar and the coconut shampoo bar and I had to cross my fingers hoping it would heal my scalp of the itch and acne, WELL Bless Ida and sam, This mud and clay healed my scalp excellently, No acne it went away and I had NO itchy scalp either, so Now if I visit my family friends again, Mud and clay and Ida's other body soaps will be my companion always!!!!! I love Chagrin valley shampoo bars and body soaps!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by lilmama51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for Chagrin Valley as a whole and all their excellent products. First, their site is wonderful, full of information and things you probably didn't know about skin and soap. Second, their customer service is outstanding. They usually ship within 24 hours (and their site is up-to-date, telling you what is ready to ship and what isn't). And third, their products are marvelous. Rich, buttery bars of soap and shampoos that smell and feel so good. I order unscented products and a package arrives that smells like clean and laundry and linens.

With great prices and products and a wide variety of choices, this is going to be my go-to etailer for soaps.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This winter I have been battling a really bad breakout of seborrhoea. Oiling my hair does help some, but not all the way. And once I wash the flakes and itchiness will be there again.

I was going crazy, and depressed and so in desperate hope I sent for a few samples from Chagrin Valley. Ever since I used that first sample (Herb Garden) my scalp has been itch free, and the flakes have been kept at bay washing Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday followed with an ACV rinse (15 ml ACV in 1 litre water).

Not only have the shampoo bars solved the problem with flakes etc. Followed with the ACV rinse and a thumb nail amount of conditioner (as opposed to the handful I used before) my hair is also the easiest it has ever been to detangle. And the detangling effect keeps for the day after too. Honestly, I thought tangles was something you had to live with if you have waist long, thick and fine hair and didn't want to put a lot of product in it.

So far, the only bad thing about using CV bars seem to be the time it takes to wash the hair. Oh, and that one really has to do patch tests since Ida uses real ingredients in her soaps. Learnt that the hard way with her shea rose clay soap, since it really lit my face up badly because I'm apparently sensitive to roses. A pity, though, since it left the skin so soft! Much softer than the Winter Survival soap.

At the moment I'm waiting for a new batch of samples, since I just have to test all of her shampoo bars. Yes, I think I've become addicted. That is how good my hair feels right now. I just hope it's a lasting feeling since I have samples to last me probably at least until autumn!

edited:
I've stopped my shampoo bar experiment for the time being. Just too time consuming, since you have to do everything properly to get a good result.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 2:56:00 AM More reviews by suthernkiwi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using CV soaps and shampoo bars for over year now. The soaps are great! They smell wonderful and the bars are huge. I have weirdly sensitive skin in that I will develop tiny little blackheads on my chest, back and shoulders from most soaps/body washes. I've tried almost all Ida's soaps and my favorite is the Java Spice. It shrinks pores, eradicates 95% of my acne (face and body!) and just gives a nice glow all around. My back, chest, and face are noticably less oily. I go through about a bar a month. (The Chocolate Almond was by far my favorite scent, but it broke me out. )
My hair was thin and oily before the shampoo bar. No matter what kind of shampoo/conditioner I used, (and I tried a lot,) my hair was just limp and straight. No amount of products could perk it up, well, too much for every day use, anyway. I've tried about half of the shampoo bars, and the Chamomile and Citrus bar is what I use 99% of the time. After a year of no SLS or silicones, my hair is thicker (I can't call it fine anymore) it's naturally wavy, and it just looks so good! The top growth that's never seen commercial shampoos is much shinier and feels stronger. I'm growing out my hair and with no trims/cuts since Oct 07, I have NO split ends. I never had a whole lot anyway, but now there are none! As has been mentioned, if you have hard water, you need a vinegar or citric acid rinse. I just splash some vinegar in plastic glass I leave in the bathroom, fill it to the top with water, and rinse. It takes out soap residue and my hair feels like silk. I just can't say enough how much I love this stuff, my hair is no longer weak and wimpy, it's strong and shiny! And I only wash it every other day, as opposed to a necessary every day wash previously. Those of you that have oily hair know what I mean!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ladyoftheforest

After I spent a long time window shopping on Chagrin Valley, I finally broke down and tried some. I am so glad I did. Ida's soaps are absolutely wonderful. I don't have really dry skin so I can get away with just using her soap and only using body lotion on occasion. So far I have tried the Pumpkin Spice, Carrot Honey Complexion, Rhassoul Yogurt, and the Peppermint Twist. My fave by far is the Peppermint Twist, but that's probably just because I'm a peppermint junkie! The only bar I didn't like was the Rhassoul Yogurt. It dried out my face. The sample sizes are very generous and are a perfect size for facial bars. I'm not sure what everyone's preferred method of use is, but I usually just swipe the bar across parts of my body, then put it back on the rack, and just lather up the soap on my body. The soap lathers really well so there's no need to massage the bar of soap all over. The less you expose the bar to water, the longer the soap will last. Just be aware that the scents are not as strong as other soaps because they're all natural and don't contain fragrance oils. So if you want a soap with a strong, long-lasting scent you'll probably be disappointed. (But somehow the Pumpkin Spice soap always left my shower smelling pumpkiny.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin has never looked healthier since I switched to washing with natural soaps. Seriously, after using these soaps I'll be hard-pressed...or maybe cold-pressed(?) haha...to go back to store-bought face washes. These soaps leave my skin always feeling baby soft and smooth, plus it leaves my skin healthy and not irritated and stripped of its protective lipid barrier. I do need a moisturizer afterward but it's to seal in moisture, not to repair damage from harsh cleansers.
The Honey Butter soap is wonderful for the face and great for sensitive skin types. It cleanses well, doesn't leave me dried out or itchy and the bar is HUGE for the price! It's the best soap I've used so far for gentle face and body cleansing. The Rhassoul Clay & Yogurt Complexion Soap is also excellent and would be a great soap for summertime because it really digs in deep and cleans well. I have a sample and it cleanses thoroughly and even seemed to clean out my pores a bit better than the Honey Butter. Highly recommended to anyone who likes soap cleansers or wants something more natural and simple. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by JWILLS

I am obsessed with Chagrin Valley soaps, both face/body and shampoo bars!!!! If I can give you one piece of advice, TRY THEM!!! Samples are big and there is something for everyone. I am giving bars to everyone I know for Christmas. I tried some natural soaps from from a local soapmaker and while they are good, they just dont compare. And the website, oh man, dont even get me started there.....there is soooo much information on there, I have spent hours learning about homemade soaps. The owner is so knowledgable!! Also, try the Whipped Shea or Whipped Coco butter....I am in love...............

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I read about this on one of the boards and tried several samples to ck it out.
I was very suprised when I got out of the shower and didn't feel the need for lotion (that was summer). I use lotion in the winter.
I have used Dove super oil whatever--the brown plastic container and have to use lotion summer and winter with it.
I am giving these in Lavender and Lemon for Christmas, along with the little "socks" to hold the bar and exfoliate the skin.
I gave them as a hostess gift to my college roomie when we stayed with them in Sept. She loved the fragrance and how the soap feels. Her husband enjoyed it as well, she said.