September 16, 2014 | 1963 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Jentju

Okay.This is my first time writing to any review, and guess what I wrote a review about this product bcoz this product is absolutely perfect. True match mineral powder foundation was my first powder foundation. And I've never forgotten my first feeling when using it. This product is perfect..It is nicely cover my big hole pores, and it does not cause breakout at all. I have tried both Urban decay mineral powder foundation as well as Maybeline mineral powder foundation - and both cause breakout on my skin..Sadly this product is being discontinued in Singapore. I can no longer purchase it..So sad...And just recently this year 2012 there are new mineral compact powder foundation that Loreal come out with.But i m abit reluctant to purchase it since it is in compact powder form. I know that super oily and acne prone skin like me is very bad using compact powder.T.T I truly hope that Loreal singapore or international to continue supplying this product again.. I truly missed this foundation...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by ladycatherine12

So I wanted to try a mineral makeup to cover up some redness in my cheeks. I was sick of the expense of liquid and powder and I HAVE to wear fragrance free so it can be difficult. I am fair with cool to neutral undertones and got this in soft ivory. The color was a nice match and had buildable coverage and photographed very well. HOWEVER, there are 2 major flaws! It does NOT stay put! Within 15 minutes my flawless face looked like I put vegetable oil all over it! Then, when I went to remove it, my face was covered in red bumps! I had a bad reaction! It DOES contain bismuth ;( This has so many aggravating ingredients I would NEVER purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by writinwater

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is actually quite a good foundation - the coverage is excellent and lasts throughout the day, and it's not completely matte so unlike a lot of mineral foundations you still get a healthy 'glow' going on.
However, the packaging is absolutely useless! The brush is fine (not great, but totally usable), but it's attached to the lid so when you open it the powder stuck to it goes everywhere. The inner sticker that covers up the holes on purchase had a flap as well, so I couldnt even use the tried and tested method of sticking a pin though each of the holes to stop as much coming out while its still full. Completely frustrating!
I have solved the problem by decanting a small amount at a time into a plastic jar (Boots, about £1.50) and using the amount in the lid when I open it, and buffing it in with the ELF power brush.
Not a perfect solution - but a vast improvement on the L'Oreal piece of **** packaging!
The cost when I looked in boots was about £15 - which is way to much for the amount of product- but if you live in london you can usually pick them up at Brick Lane or other car boot markets for about a fiver. It's also where I get my Max Factor mascara for £4 ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by 20Styx12

I liked this. I use it on its own as a foundation, but I always need to put concealer on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation as true match doesn't provide full coverage. As long as you build it up slowly it looks natural and non-cakey. The only things I didn't like were how it accentuated my pores a bit and didn't last after three or four hours, but i fixed both of those problems by just using a primer.

Also, I liked the brush a lot. IMHO it was even better than my bare escentuals brushes. As long as you are light and gentle with it, the powder goes on evenly and it wont scratch your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by remandamax

I was a previous customer of Bare Minerals foundation and concealer. I had hoped that L'oreal's product would be at least good enough to use. I am 39 years old and had NO idea that I had as many wrinkles as I do! When I apply this product, it clings to every crease that I have. I have tried and tried, but I just can't make it work for me! the concealer works very well as long as I don't try to cover the circles under my eyes. My pores and wrinkles stand out so much when I use this product that I am very self conscious about it. I am switching to a liquid or creme foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by slightlyobsessive

I can't live without this foundation! Yes, the brush is scratchy and sheds a bit, and if you're wearing a nice outfit you definitely need something over it to stop it getting all powdery, but I have never found anything like the coverage. I have horrendous acne scars and basically I just keep buffing powder in until they're covered, and even then it still looks natural. It keeps my face matt (well, not my nose but that would need a miracle) and there is absolutely nothing that covers spots and scars like it. I just repeat buy it every time it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm the only one who likes the brush :). This got negative reviews? How is that? The powder is amazing and doesn't cake at all. It blends nicely and stays on. This is my all time favorite foundation!!

(UPDATE!! I hate the brush now! It hurts my skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Coukie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a shame to see such negative responses to this foundation! I for one absolutely love it, its the only thing I've found which finishes my foundation flawlessly, yes I use it as a finishing powder not as a foundation and NO IT IS NOT CAKEY AT ALL. It made my skin look so perfect, no matter what foundation I use under it.
The way I combat the messiness is by pouring a little in the lid itself, I don't actually use the brush that comes with it but rather a kabuki brush from Nude by Nature, maybe thats the reason it goes on so well?? I don't know but it works for me and I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by eqqusole

What a mess!! Horrible design; there is always major clean-up needed after every application. The powder itself is o.k., but I would never buy again because I've wasted most of it after it spilled all over the countertop.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by AnyPalacios25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because a friend recommended it.... i should've purchase my maybelline mousse... this get my skin really oily, at the middle of the day I have to retouch it... will have to wait till it finishes so i could buy the other one....