November 28, 2014 | 1897 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Purete Thermale Cleansing Micellar Lotion for face and eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by milenacka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a number of years now... It is an excellent makeup remover. I use it every night. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, evenly toned and clean. After this, I wash with my Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk. Purete Thermale is gentle, looks and feels like water! Nice light scent. I think that any skin type can use this, and it seems easy to incorporate into any skin care regime. Considering I've bought this many many times over, I guess the price is not too bad. I stock up when I go to France, because they sell it cheaper than here in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by tomba23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser I have ever used. I have been using it for years and have never been disappointed. At times when I have gone to purchase and it has been sold out I have tried Lancome which I don't find as nice and is much more expensive. I read this board often and this is my first post as I LOVE this product and suggest it to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kupo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im on my 5th bottle now. I would break out with other cleansers or have super dry skin after wards. This cleanser is the only thing that kept my skin clear. It might not remove eye MU very well, but I use a separate eye MU remover for that. Other wise I use this in the morning and at night. no separate cleanser needed., then I just moisturize. simple and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lovelycee

I have been using this on and off for the past year but lately that my skin is getting sensitive due to my hormones I try to simplify my skin regime.
I soak a cotton pad day and night and apply it as a toner, at night I sometimes needed to use 2 cotton pads depending on how heavy I wore make up for that day. Tho I do remove my makeup first with oil based cleanser then wash with warm washcloth followed by this.
It cleanses really well even if you have a waterproof eye makeup tho I have not tested this using wp foundation.
The scent is pretty but not overpowering, rose water helps calms down your skin. The consistency is very very water like so to some it will take some time getting used to using this as their main cleanser.
I got a 200ml for about $15 which is pretty jacked up because you can buy 500ml at cvs for $14.
Overall I Love this and would definitely re- purchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cleanmyface

This is an amazing, amazing, amazing product! The product itself is kind of like a cleansing water-so basically a no rinse cleanser than can be used to take off makeup and cleanse the skin in one easy step. I actually use this to take my makeup off before washing my face with another product. About a month ago I picked this up at Shopper's, you can get this in a 200 ml bottle for $20 or a 400 ml bottle for $26-so by getting the bigger bottle, you're saving 6 bucks which is great! So I took a chance and got the bigger bottle and I am so happy I did. My eye area is extremely sensitive (even using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to take off my eye makeup was irritating my eyes!) but this doesn't irritate my eyes a bit! It feels really nice as your taking all the makeup and pollution and excess oil of your face, and (as it claims on the bottle) it really does calm and soothe my skin! The first week I starting using this, after I used this product my face was glowing! I'm definitely interested in more Vichy products! I would recommend this to everyone!
UPDATE: I've now actually used a Vichy eye makeup remover, cleanser, toner, day cream and night cream along with this and I've found that when it comes to Vichy products and my skin-its hit or miss. But I'm still in love with this stuff!
UPDATE: It's now almost February and I am still using this stuff! It has lasted forever and I still have a little more than 1/3 left! Great investment! It does leave a bit of a residue on the skin-not an oily residue but I guess you could call it a "hydrating" residue-I don't know it just doesn't leave your skin feeling like your skin. But most of the time I don't mind it and it's a Canadian winter for me so I need the extra hydration. Overall, recommended and if I would repurchase if I don't find anything better.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by werewolfbarmitzvah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After a disastrous account with the Normaderm cleanser, I was reluctant to try another Vichy cleanser again, but this stuff is really nice. I don't see the point of using a wash off cleanser in the morning, so I usually use a soothing toner or a no wash cleanser. This just requires a bit of product, and it's enough for my whole face. This has not irritated or dried out my skin at all. I think my skin has been clearer since using this. I did use this to remove my eye makeup a few times, but it has stung, so I will stick to Chanel or Clinique eye makeup removers for that. But overall this is a great buy, I got this for about $13 on sale, can be used in the mornings or for makeup removal on face in the night prior to cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by zebraxing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my eyes to remove everything: UDPP, Fluidline, Offset. It feels just like water yet glides over my skin without pulling or tugging. Amazingly, it doesn't leave that makeup remover creeping grease slick that used to congest the skin over my zygomatic arches. I only wish it didn't cost so much or deplete so quickly. Bonus: As a final cleansing step, the magical ingredients in this solution seem to be benefitting my getting-on-the-old-side-of-young eye creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by nuityeux

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine initiated me to this product approximately 4 years ago - I simply don't know what I ever did without it before - I LOVE IT!! It is so simple to use on both face and eyes (no irritation) - just moisten a cotton pad and wipe away until your face comes clean and your eye makeup is removed. This product is great for people who dislike the long routine of face cleansing before going to bed. The last time I was in my dermatologist's office, I happened to note that this is what he kept in the exam room for any cleansing he needed to do. That says something good . . .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by makeyouparticipate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this. light but effective cleanser, well worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 1:07:00 PM More reviews by NotYourAverageCanadianGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best makeup remover I have ever tried! Erases all types of makeup (yes, even waterproof mascara) in seconds, no pulling or rubbing required. Leaves my skin soft and soothed without any breakouts. A must for sensitive skins!