October 22, 2014 | 2104 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad in Mocha Motion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaae

eh, this is not really worth it. These are so poorly pigmented that they take forever to show up and come off quickly, really poor quality. The colors in the pan are nice and if you can get the color to show up, it's nice for a little while. The colors compliment blue eyes well.

The packaging is pretty weak too and broke soon after I purchased it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 6:28:00 PM More reviews by imnotreallyadoctor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While in general a pretty decent product, I found that two of the four colours were very very adept at bringing out the colour of my eyes. Word of advice: you'll like this shadow better if you don't follow the instructions. While the "lid" shade is way too sheer to have much of an effect, the "outer corner" and "crease" shades were very pretty and sparkly.
Honestly though, the texture was kind of rough and hard to blend, it creased up very easily and it doesn't last long enough. Good enough for a drugstore product, but I'm only keeping it for the colours. Also, it has problems like any other drugstore eyeshadow (meaning it does not last long enough!! arg).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by princessayleen

I actually got this product for free! I really like it & I like how it has labels on where to put that particular color. Very nice for beginners!
The color stayed on with L'Oreal Decrease Primer.

I like it .

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2009 6:52:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for less then $3 at my local Krogers, and I still feel bad. This is one of the chalkiest eye shadows I have ever used. I know $3 doesn't do me much, but compared to the other cheap d/s e/s out there for less, this is poor quality. The sponge applicators are useless, needless to say, and the texture is so drying that it hurts when I try to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

Wow, finally nude colors that aren't too yellow. I love how the shades in this quad are neutral, earthy tones. The texture is smooth and easy to blend. The staying power is good. This is great for everyday wear. I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pinkykathy

I got it about $3.60, quite cheap. This color is very nice, not much pigmented. I can apply this on every occasion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by onlyprada

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i was pretty surprised with this product...its pretty good especially for the low price...the colours work really good together but they do look good with other colours or seperate too...they are not that high pigmented and crease a little bit without a primer..but since this product is pretty cheap thats fine...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Cannelle

I am surprised by the quality of these ! I bought this at a very cheap price in the US. They apply really well and hold on all day. The colors of Mocha Motion are very nice. Would buy this again if I go again to the US !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by bronwynk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a neutral quad and decided to check these out since Rite Aid had them BOGO a few weeks ago. I think flamencovixen below did a perfect job of describing them, but my take on them is that they are: Ivory (designated brow bone), brown with a warm pinkish undertone (designated for lid), gray with shimmer (designated for crease) and matte taupe (designated for outer corner). The reformulation works well. The colors go on smoothly, and show up well. They are also easy to layer, so if you don't get as much color as you want at first, you can always go back for another layer. I don't follow the package designations myself, I find it looks to "bruisy" for my coloring/eye shape. Instead I use the ivory on my lid and the rest of the colors to shad and line. I like these more than I thought I would, I was originally after the other color I bought with these, Designer Chocolates, but I think these will work out well too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this as a bonus with an xxl mascara, and it turned out to be a perfect neutral palette! I use it all the time, and I love the different shades of "mocha" and the awesome ivory highlight color. The eyeshadow pigments are surprisingly really good. My only beef with this is the applicators -they SUCK. They break so easily, and are useless. Otherwise, this is a really good quad to have for those "neutral" days.