October 22, 2014 | 1955 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ILoveSweetTarts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product at all, it was chalky and pasty looking. I washed it off right away! Not recommended...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

In the past couple months my skin, which previously was prone to breakouts and generally pretty uneven, has cleared up alot, which means I don't need to wear full coverage liquid foundations every day, so I decided to try out mineral makeup. I chose this one because its affordable, has a matte finish, and looks a hell of a lot easier to use than the loose mineral foundations I've seen. At first I tried this as a setting powder over my tinted moisturizer and to touch up my nose which is a bit oily and it looked AWFUL. Cakey and orange and collected in all of my pores. I tried it again on bare, moisturized skin, applied with a flat top brush and the result was perfect. The powder has a smooth, almost creamy consistency so it blended into my skin and didn't look powdery, and gave enough coverage to cover up my light freckles and some redness in my cheeks and around my nose and even the purpley veins on my eyelids. Unfortunately I accidentally picked up shade 103 instead of 102 so the color is a little too dark and yellow for me, but I'll definitely be going back to get another one of these in the correct color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by GryphonLovesLipstick

I'm not a big foundation user, but I occasionally like to have something to smooth my pores and even out my skintone in my t-zone area. This makeup does a fantastic job of that. First of all, though, I've found I really need to start with well-exfoliated and/or well moisturized skin. If I don't, this powder foundation will accentuate any dry, flaky areas in brighter light. That caveat aside, the first time I applied it I was shocked by how perfect my skin looked (and my skin is far from perfect). It goes on with a barely detectable feel and the color blends in seamlessly, giving my skin a velvety, almost air-brushed look. Coverage isn't a big factor for me (I use concealer when needed) so I can't say how buildable or opaque this is, but this may be the best thing I've ever found for faking perfect skin... Super-easy and mess-free application also makes it more likely I'll actually use it regularly. I do want to emphasize: this is definitely more of a matte, velvety finish, don't buy this if you're looking for a dewy glow. Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Lexieberry

This is a great pressed mineral foundation! And its super inexpensive at around $7usd for a generous amount of product. I currently alternate between two other foundations, and find that Milani Minerals Compact Makeup works best as a touch up powder throughout the day, and for mattifying my skin when it gets a bit oily. I really find that this foundation makes my skin look so much more even when applied lightly over my L'Oreal Bare Naturale foundation on the trouble spots (around nose and any blemishes). I use the lightest shade, Nude Buff, which is a pretty good match for me. The color selection is really lacking though, as there is maybe 4 other shades available. The packaging could be improved, as it is a bit clunky with its dual plastic compartments. The mirror is large, a plus, but the sponge applicator that comes with, is very low quality and the backing fell apart right when I used it for the first time. I find that using my Pur Minerals Chisel brush allows me to build up coverage and work the powder into my skin evenly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 12:57:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was away recently for a 4-day weekend and forgot to pack my finishing powder (Laura Geller Oil Blotting), so I grabbed this at a drugstore in one of the buff colors - can't remember which, but it wasn't a great match for my NW20 skn. That said, I like the consistency and the ease of application. Although it doesn't wear or look like the LG power, it does a decent job for touchups. If I find my color match, I will definitely buy it for a purse back-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally found my perfect color in powder form, and it's mineral makeup too! Honey Beige is perfect for my olive skin tone and doesn't have that weird shimmer that most mineral makeup have. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't cake on. I wish, however the formula would last longer. Definitely need to bring this compact with me for touchups.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by laurimurdock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I use the lightest shade: Nude Buff, and if they only made a sliiiightly lighter shade of that (pale pale yellow/olive = me), this would be HG.

I cannot believe how FLAWLESS my super-oily skin becomes, in this foundation. Poreless, non-cakey, perfect finish.

It even covers up my perma-red nose & cheeks.

For those who feel it has not enough coverage: I thought so at first, too, but two things help if you need more coverage w/this product: 1) use moisturizer underneath, and 2) just build it with a 2nd application a few minutes later. It doesn't get cakey. And I'm extremely oily & live in Dallas, so... that's pretty miraculous.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first time using a Milani product and I must say, I'm impressed. The price was certainly right and the packaging was nice. The color I'm using is True Beige and it's a near perfect match to my self-tanned face. Goes on smoothly using a dense, flat topped brush I got from Coastal Scents. It has lasted all day and all day for me is 4 a.m. to around 8 p.m. My only complaint is that I wish it provided more coverage. I bought it at a store called Drug Emporium in Texas. I will repurchase. I

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

I'm trying to move away from talc-based facial products (stuff I use on my WHOLE face) and use mineral mu. But replacing foundation, concealer, and loose & pressed powder can get expensive. I like Milani products and wanted to try this pressed mineral powder in the pretty, if somewhat bulky, compact, but I was hesitant because I'm really pale. Anyway, I got the Nude Buff shade, and I really like it. I use a brush to apply the powder; that way it goes on really sheer, and I haven't had any trouble with it being too dark. (I think you also use less this way; in any case, mine has already lasted several months.) As far as qualitiy goes, I'd say it's a step above basic, with a fairly "minimal" mineral formula. It's also very natural looking. The compact is pretty--red and gold--and it's got a mirror. Unfortunately the mirror is beneath the powder, so you can't actually look at it while applying the powder unless you do that annoying swipe-the-powder-then-flip-the-mirror thing. That said, this product is a great deal if you're looking for portable, budget-friendly mineral mu.
    EDIT: Some stores seem to be clearancing this out, so I bought an extra for when I use mine up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I have been starting to use this only this year as this brand was quite new in my country n i was just starting to try out their product....their blush was great n so was this. I like this and i got it in Nude Buff. It's natural enough for me although if i'm sweating n applying this it can make it go on cakey n in patches....and i do perspire easily. Other than that small disadvantage, i love this compact makeup but at the end, when i'm going to use up, the powder will break easily hence making a big mess here n there....i find the powder product too little, i seem to be using this up pretty quickly too...on my second compact now. I will repurchase but online n not here because it's too expensive here.